“The best choice of accomodations I have ever made!”

The Bungalows Hotel
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed October 12, 2004

Easily the best choice of accomodations I have ever made in my life. My wife and I went there on our honeymoon on Sept. 10-13 during prime heat in Mexico. Yet we felt nothing but cool and relaxed while staying here. The staff was wonderful and made us feel truly welcome. If you go, please say hi to Jr. and Estella for us! And the amenities, from the rooftop massage ($40) to the gourmet breakfasts (included in your room price) were excellent. We miss our friends there very much.

2  Thank Bascomb32
There are newer reviews for The Bungalows Hotel

Reviewed October 5, 2004

I booked The Bungalows on line from Hong Kong. The email responses were quick and detailed. But, the most important factor was that the responses were true. If anything, they under presented the ammenities.

The patio bungalow we reserved was perfect. An open porch with hammock, full kitchen, large bath contrasted with the comfort of airconditioned bedrooms. Clean and beautiful.

The grounds are well kept. The pool is a perfect size and temperature and cleaned daily.

The massage service is excellent and affordable and above all very professional.

The staff. How can anyone say enough about the Alonso family? Estella, Junior and Erik saw to our every need. They are friendly, professional and treat you as family and as a 5-star hotel guests at the same time. Helpful beyond all expectations. You can depend on them for a restaurant reviews, a cold drink or a warm cup of coffee.

The breakfast is far, far beyond what most B&B's serve. Always an interesting juice, fruit and a very tasty entree. You mention "Los Bungalows" anywhere in Cabo and the natives will reply "Oh, yes, they have a very famous breakfast."

I could go on and on about the place, The Bungalows, and the people, The Alonso family, but there are no other words to describe what was one of a most wonderful week of relaxation, good food and warm hospitality. We rarely experience this in all our world-wide travels.

We will be back and we will be recommending The Bungalows to friends.

4  Thank Charles S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2004

My husband and I, sister-in-law, and her two children stayed at the bungalows on our first trip to Mexico after reading about it on trip advisor. We had no idea what to expect but soon found out what a gem Estella, Erik and Perla truly are. My husband and I got bumped from the flight in San Jose, Ca. on the way down but a quick phone call to Tisha and the bungalows was all it took for my sister-in-law to get the message we would not be there until the next day. My dad had recently gotten sick and due to the severity of it, I was afraid we would have to cancel but Tisha assured me we could just reschedule our time there should we not be able to make it without losing our money.
I had left the number there with my family in case they needed me and each time we came back from town the staff would inform me right away that my family had not called, which was so very nice of them. The rooms were very clean, the breakfast each day was wonderful, but most important is how the staff went beyond the call of duty making reservations and personally getting us to different points (Erik) to make sure we saw and did all of the things we wanted. If you want to stay at a place where you are known by your name and not just a room number then the bungalows is the place to stay. Thank you all so much for everything you did for us during our stay there.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 30, 2004

I was in Cabo recently for a vacation and to see hotels. The Bungalows was the third of the four hotels I stayed in. I LOVED the Bungalows. Service was wonderful and my suite didn't look like "just another room". I am a HUGE fan of breakfast, and my breakfasts were yummy.

Thanks so much to Estela, Eric and Junior - my family away from my family.

2  Thank jacquelene
Reviewed September 25, 2004

Upon entering the garden gate, the busy town outside seemed to quiet down. The air felt cooler, and we knew that we were home. Eric and I had just escaped a hectic week of wedding and family, we had missed our first plane because there were only two security checkpoints open at PDX airport. When finally making it to the Bungalows, my exhausted husband left his backpack containing all of his travel belongings on the shuttle bus. Estella and Tisha assured us that everything would be OK, and without a word, Estella’s son Erik rushed out to chase the backpack down. As we waited, we cooled off and drank pineapple water, already knowing that we were being taken care of by the best people in Cabo.

We stayed in one of the garden bungalows, and enjoyed the pool daily. The Inn is situated on a hill with just a short walk to town. There are many wonderful restaurants very close by. For dinner, eat out at Mi Casa and at the Hacienda del Cuervo if you have the chance- take Erik’s suggestions…this family knows good food!

Breakfast at the bungalows is unsurpassed. Reynaldo (Junior) helped us wake up each morning with excellently strong coffee, delicious smoothies, and refreshing juices. Estella is a breath of fresh air and the food is beyond compare. Words cannot capture the way you feel when you are staying at the Bungalows, but a sigh- that sums it up nicely. Go to the Bungalows if you wish to feel at home, and you want to be taken care of by people who actually care.

-Krystin & Eric Mallory

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 14, 2004

All of the excellent reviews that the bungalows have been receiving are true. Breakfast-superb. Staff-topnotch. Rooms-spotless and tastefully decorated. If the staff cannot please you, you might be too hard to please. It was great meeting all of you. Thank you for your hospitality and wonderful converstations by the poolside. The bungalows is the way to go.

• Stayed: September 2004
5  Thank Jole650
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed September 3, 2004

We had high expectations (because of the great reviews here on Trip Advisor) when our group of 3 friends stayed in the Bungalows but our expectations were exceded with the wonderful setting and great service. One of us had every traveller's nightmare: leaving our pack with all our money, passports etc in our cab. Junior got ahold of the company and had the cab back with our stuff within 5 minutes. That is the kind of surpassing service we experienced at the Bungalows. The room was great, and the kitchenette was a great addition to the room. The Air Conditioning worked great as well. I would not hesitate to recommend this great gem to anyone wanting a relaxing setting away from the hubbub of downtown Cabo. Junior, Eric and Estela were just like family, helping us in every way. Wow, what a great place!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member