“A nice stay”

The Bungalows Hotel
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed 3 nights and it was great. The service Eric and Allie gave was second to non. They couldn't do enough for us. Eric even organised a rental car when all the companies I contacted said they had non. The room was nice with views over Cabo with everything we needed in it. The complimentary breakfast was terrific with something different every day, this was preceded by a giant hug from Eric each morning. You feel like family when staying here. Well done guys.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hales2010

Reviewed December 30, 2013

A Christmas we will never forget! Thank you Ale and Eric for making our stay so memorable and sharing local places and friends with our family. The property is beautiful, comfortable and so welcoming! Lots of hugs and smiles! We walked everywhere...downtown, the Marina, to the beach. Ale and Eric recommended some fabulous places to eat, a Christmas Eve we won't forget. The rooms at the Bungalow are so homey and comfortable. We stayed in the Patio Bungalow, so comfortable for four and moved to the King Suite to stay some extra days..also lovely! The morning breakfasts are not to be missed, something different and delicious every day of our 7 days! You have a gem....do not change a thing! Oh, and the pool...so warm and wonderful!!!!! Hope to see you again real soon!

Room Tip: If you can get a bungalow, it is worth it...just like home!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just returned from Christmas in Cabo and our 2nd stay at The Bungalows. As reviewed many times before-this place is "The Best" I if you are looking for a Relaxing Retreat within walking distance to The Marina area, which is where most of the activities start out from. The accommodations are wonderful-traditional Mexican flare,clean,comfortable and Oh That Morning Breakfast that you just can't wait for every morning!!!!! Eric,Ally and the rest of the Staff make sure that everything is perfect for your stay. They make all the arrangements for you-give you great restaurant suggestions (not always the well known places.....like Captain Fish.....Best Pico and Cerviche Ever!) and make sure you are doing just what "you" want to do every day. From just lying around their heated pool and reading a book ( or napping ) to going Horseback Riding along the beach or taking a trip up to Todos Santos for the day.....they make it happen,and with ease.
You won't find a better Small Boutique Hotel in Cabo-I guarantee it!

Room Tip: Although we feel a little guilty by always asking for it-The Honeymoon Suite on the top floor with v...
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DSL6551
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Wonderful, friendly hotel that certainly lives up to it's reviews read here. From the initial booking, the provisions, the checkout --- all done most professionally.
Couple things, I personally would rather pay a little extra rather than having a tip request for the house cleaners which I think is awkward for guests . And the breakfast should be offered earlier or not be served 45 minutes later than promised, we were really late for our departure.
Easy to walk to. Town, and very, very quiet!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank leolittle
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The reviews and photos don't do this place justice. It was perfect!

Never in my life have I wanted to go to the same place twice, but I'm already dying to go back to Cabo and I would never waste my money at one of those resorts when I could go back home to the Bungalows. It was relaxing, beautiful, safe, clean, easy, charming, delicious, and beyond friendly! And Cabo was fun too, thanks to expert advise from the amazing staff at this hotel.

Thanks guys for making us feel at home and taking such excellent care of us during our stay!

Love - Crystal and Myra

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank MyMyOakland
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I think I'd stay here again if I'm ever in cabo a second time. I don't understand any of the bad reviews it seems to me those people are looking for a 5-star all inclusive resort where you don't leave your room. If you want the comfort of being at home as we'll as also having the opportunity to experience some genuine piece of Mexico, I'd say this place is perfect! The staff were very welcoming and accommodating and were willing to bend over backwards to make my stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible! Thanks guys :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Janice12345144
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had one of the best vacations I've ever had all in part to this hotel. I cannot say enough how amazing both the hotel and the staff are, it exceeded any and all of my expectations. Eric and the staff were like family, they greeted us with hugs every morning and catered to our every need. From start to finish the whole stay was fantastic it felt like our very own hidden oasis away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Cabo.

The bungalows started by organizing our transportation to and from the airport for our large group. We found them right off the flight with a sign for us. This was very helpful as it can get hectic with all the cab drivers coming up to you right off the flight, it made for an easy transition to the hotel. Upon arrival Eric greeted us, he is just great, he loves the hotel and wants everyone who gets to experience it to have a wonderful time. We were shown to our rooms, which I had seen the photos but they were even better in person. We did the patio suite, really enjoyed the hammocks and patio area it was great to hang out at during the day and at night.

The breakfast every morning is AMAZING, I looked forward to it every day! It starts with hot coffee, fresh fruit juices and a fruit plate, some days they even make an amazing smoothie. My favorite is Eric's cheese omelette with mushroom sauce, he even gave me the ingredients he uses so I can create it myself, although I don't think it will ever be as good! Even on my best friends birthday they brought her out a little dessert with a candle in it in the morning so we could sing Happy Birthday, its little touches like that that makes this place so very special. Anything you need whether it be tips for places to go or things to do Eric's the man he knows all and will point you in the right direction.

The pool area is also a very relaxing spot, make sure you grab the paper or a coffee one morning and hang out there its very peaceful.

Every day we went out for excursions and what not and always came back to spotless rooms, the cleaning staff was on top of it the whole week we were there and that's the best because we all know how much sand you can carry back with you from the beach.

If you stay at the bungalows PLEASE do yourself a favor and go to Joe's Cafe/Garden its the pizza spot down the road and it is cheap and delicious! They also have the best sushi and sashimi. I had read a review on here from somewhere before about it and went ahead and tried it and I'm telling you the best sashimi I've ever had, and pizza's. Its family owned and Joe was so kind to us.

I would pick a hotel like this above a resort any day, do yourself a favor and experience the Bungalows Hotel for yourself.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends