“Rawdon”

The Bungalows Hotel
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is perfect if you want to be away from the crowd.
Walk down the hill to Cabo , and all it has on offer.
This not a resort , with only 16 rooms it has charm.

As my purpose for visiting Cabo was to fish,i needed to be up at 6.15am each day.

Eric made sure a cab was available and my alarm was set.

Thanks to all,and hope to visit again.

Rawdon..........Australia

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank rawdon p

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I were in Cabo for a 2 weeks stay, from 8/5-8/19. During this time, we stayed at 3 different resorts- ME Cabo, Capella (rated # 1 on trip advisor- very nice & upscale but very expensive & too quiet for us), and ended our trip for our final week at The Bungalows.

When we first arrived at The Bungalows, I have to admit that I was not completely sold. We were a short walk from the beach, and were in an area that upon first looks, was not as appealing as Capella. I was worried about safety and thought I might miss the ocean view we had at our other resorts. This impression immediately changed once we walked into The Bungalows and we're greeted by the extremely accommodating and laid back Eric, the hotel manager. We were greeted with big hugs, as if we were family members he had not seen in years...something us east-coasters are not accustom to:).

If you are looking for a true Mexican experience and want to be a little more immersed in the Cabo culture, this is the place to stay. The Bungalows Hotel is nestled in greenery and fountains, almost hidden from the main road. The suites are spacious, clean and charming, decorated in Mexican decor. Beaches, restaurants, shopping and nightlife are a short walk away. The area is safe! So much so, we walked home every night and were actually greeted by local Mexicans who lived in the area and invited into their homes for cervezas, and breakfast. But we would not miss out free breakfast at The Bungalows! The breakfasts were phenomenal, fresh vegetarian breakfast that we would force ourselves out of bed for.

By the end of our stay, I did not want to leave and can honestly say I got a little choked up when I got my final goodbye hug from Eric. He and Beto represent the true meaning of mi casa, su casa. We couldn't have asked for a better Cabo experience. The Bungalows has the friendliest staff we have met in all of our travels in the USA and abroad. We will definitely be staying here again when we return to Cabo!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank JessicaSummer
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Highly recommend this place - not sure I've received such a warm welcome any place before. Prepare yourself for lots of hugs if you happen to be checking in with Eric. You'll also get refreshing watermelon juice immediately on arrival. All the staff were very friendly and attentive. The room was great, stayed in one of the Hammock Bungalows on the second floor - it was nice to have the french press coffee every morning and hang out on the upstairs patio or in the hammock. Each morning there's also a delicious breakfast served: some kind of main dish, a fruit plate, coffee, juice and tea.

I stayed here for 5 days and didn't feel I needed a car - you can walk to the marina in 10 minutes and do any kind of activity imaginable with one of the outfitters there. Besides, parking is rather limited and you can arrange for convenient airport transportation with the hotel; no need to stop and wait at the rental counter. The pool is also nice and inviting, not crowded at all. I didn't feel like I was missing out on the beach either, especially considering how cold the water actually is in Cabo. If you really feel the need to go to the beach, you can walk to El Medano beach where all the action is, in about 25-30 minutes, or take a water taxi from the Marina.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ghart83181
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A hidden place that has a cute charme. You enter a tropical courtyard with lots of shade a nice little pool and lots of atmosphere.
Eric usually serves the breakfast and helps out wherever he can. He dropped us down the Marina the first day so didn't have to carry the diving gear.
The rooms have Mexican flair to them AC and Wifi and are super clean. The fridge gets filled with a gallon of water every day which I found surprising. There is a microwave too which we used to reheat the leftovers from dinner for our midnight snack.
The breakfast is usually sweet (so if you are an eggs and bacon lover u might have to ask for it) it includes fresh fruit homemade smoothy and a really good coffee.
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back here.
Overall a friendly, clean and very comfortable place!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Sylvi H
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Because of the many 5 star reviews I read on the Bungalows, my husband and I couldn't wait to get to here and we were not disappointed! The staff is extremely nice, warm and welcoming. When we arrived we received a huge hug (plenty of hugs during our stay) along with two delicious, cold, refreshing, fresh watermelon juice! The beds were extremely comfortable and laying on the hammock in the early morning or late evenings was so relaxing. Housekeeping did a wonderful job in keeping our room and bedding clean every day! My husband and I love to walk so we enjoyed the 10-15 minute walk to the Marina every day. Thank you Eric and your staff for making this one of the most relaxing trips we have ever taken. No Internet but the have lots of DVD's (or bring your own). We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deawesome1
cabobungalows, Reservations at The Bungalows Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hello! Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay!

I have been getting questions about our internet access at the inn, so I wanted to take the opportunity to clarify that we do have free wifi. There is a password that you can get from one of the innkeepers. The strength does vary, perhaps depending on how many guests are using it at one time, but it is generally very strong...especially near the office and breakfast area.

It doesn't sound like you were too worried about not having internet on your trip, but please email me at cabobungalows@gmail.com if you have any questions at all! :)

Best,
Carina Hendricks
The Bungalows Reservations

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Spent a week at The Bungalows in June 2013. The staff is terrific. Kind and helpful with all your needs. Erik, the host, is one of the funniest, nicest people I've ever met. Our room was beautifully decorated with traditional Mexican azulejos, the breakfasts are amazing and staying at Los Bungalows gives you a chance to visit the real Cabo San Lucas. My third time in Cabo and this was the first time I had a chance to check out the awesome local restaurants, the non touristy shops and get a flavor of the local culture. Absolutely loved it! Thank you Bungalows and thank you Erik!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank naheli
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff was incredibly kind and accommodating, letting us borrow a blanket for a picnic on the beach and snorkeling gear. Breakfasts were consistently tasty. The room was neatly decorated and commodious. I could have sat on our hammock and looked over the city for hours in the evening--such a tranquil setting. We heard almost no outside noise whatsoever. Located near (1/3 of a mile?) some of the better restaurants in Cabo. The location isn't exactly prime for spending time on the beach. If you want to lounge on the edge of the Sea of Cortez rather than sit by the hotel pool, you'll want a car when staying here.

Only minor negative was the spottiness of Internet from our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple