“Charming cute place”

The Bungalows Hotel
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A hidden place that has a cute charme. You enter a tropical courtyard with lots of shade a nice little pool and lots of atmosphere.
Eric usually serves the breakfast and helps out wherever he can. He dropped us down the Marina the first day so didn't have to carry the diving gear.
The rooms have Mexican flair to them AC and Wifi and are super clean. The fridge gets filled with a gallon of water every day which I found surprising. There is a microwave too which we used to reheat the leftovers from dinner for our midnight snack.
The breakfast is usually sweet (so if you are an eggs and bacon lover u might have to ask for it) it includes fresh fruit homemade smoothy and a really good coffee.
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back here.
Overall a friendly, clean and very comfortable place!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Sylvi H

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Because of the many 5 star reviews I read on the Bungalows, my husband and I couldn't wait to get to here and we were not disappointed! The staff is extremely nice, warm and welcoming. When we arrived we received a huge hug (plenty of hugs during our stay) along with two delicious, cold, refreshing, fresh watermelon juice! The beds were extremely comfortable and laying on the hammock in the early morning or late evenings was so relaxing. Housekeeping did a wonderful job in keeping our room and bedding clean every day! My husband and I love to walk so we enjoyed the 10-15 minute walk to the Marina every day. Thank you Eric and your staff for making this one of the most relaxing trips we have ever taken. No Internet but the have lots of DVD's (or bring your own). We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deawesome1
cabobungalows, Reservations at The Bungalows Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hello! Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay!

I have been getting questions about our internet access at the inn, so I wanted to take the opportunity to clarify that we do have free wifi. There is a password that you can get from one of the innkeepers. The strength does vary, perhaps depending on how many guests are using it at one time, but it is generally very strong...especially near the office and breakfast area.

It doesn't sound like you were too worried about not having internet on your trip, but please email me at cabobungalows@gmail.com if you have any questions at all! :)

Best,
Carina Hendricks
The Bungalows Reservations

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Spent a week at The Bungalows in June 2013. The staff is terrific. Kind and helpful with all your needs. Erik, the host, is one of the funniest, nicest people I've ever met. Our room was beautifully decorated with traditional Mexican azulejos, the breakfasts are amazing and staying at Los Bungalows gives you a chance to visit the real Cabo San Lucas. My third time in Cabo and this was the first time I had a chance to check out the awesome local restaurants, the non touristy shops and get a flavor of the local culture. Absolutely loved it! Thank you Bungalows and thank you Erik!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank naheli
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff was incredibly kind and accommodating, letting us borrow a blanket for a picnic on the beach and snorkeling gear. Breakfasts were consistently tasty. The room was neatly decorated and commodious. I could have sat on our hammock and looked over the city for hours in the evening--such a tranquil setting. We heard almost no outside noise whatsoever. Located near (1/3 of a mile?) some of the better restaurants in Cabo. The location isn't exactly prime for spending time on the beach. If you want to lounge on the edge of the Sea of Cortez rather than sit by the hotel pool, you'll want a car when staying here.

Only minor negative was the spottiness of Internet from our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pinkjj
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wish I could give The Bungalows 6 stars. It was so relaxing. The staff were amazing (shout out to Erik!) and the breakfasts were outstanding. Fresh fruit, hot meals cooked when you arrive, daily fresh juice (my new favorite juice is fresh pineapple - soooo sweet!). We stayed in the Hammock Bungalow and I spent a lot of time in the hammock when I wasn't in the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tmaufer
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had high expectations before I went and the Bungalows exceeded them. It is truly a paradise and so relaxing. Breakfast was amazing and true to the Mexican experience with fresh squeezed juice such as cantaloupe and watermelon, Cuban beans... Rooms were clean and authentic with a very comfortable bed - I stayed in the hammock suite and loved reading in the hammock under the tree in the morning (sun on hammock in afternoon). Had a coffee press, small refrigerator in the room with a "mini-mart" and fish taco place just around the corner to get drinks and snacks. Air conditioning was a blessing in July, yet didn't take away from the quaint feel. Pool area has shade and sun without resort crowds. DVD collection is big and varied. It is in a quiet area so a small walk to get to town and marina but pleasant walk with lots of shops and food places that I sampled on the way (got great deals shopping in town, not resort area) to the marina to scuba dive with Manta (great combo deal between Manta and Bungalows) I stayed 5 nights at the bungalows and 2 nights at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar to attend a wedding, I missed the bungalows and wanted to go back!! The service at the "resort" was terrible, Bungalows was better; prompt, friendly and gave me information on where to go in Cabo. Plus I spent as much in two days at Sheraton as I did the whole 5 days due to the Sheraton charging for everything and hidden charges at check out, no extra charges at the bungalows and all the water/juice/coffee you can drink. I noticed the guests at the Bungalows were relaxed and friendly, mirroring the attitude of staff. Will go back to Bungalows again for R&R. As to the bad reviews on this site - they complain of mosquitoes, dogs, small furniture... if you want an American experience go to an all inclusive resort and pay the price - if you want a Mexico experience with class go to the Bungalows.

Room Tip: Hammock suite was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Rimonah
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Bungalows is a family run property. Eric and his staff will treat you like family. Very upbeat and friendly. The hotel is Slightly out of town, but not to far to walk. Awesome breakfast served daily comes with stay which changes each day. The property is very clean built around small pool in court yard(very welcoming). There are plants and trees all around giving it an oasis tropical feel. Upon entering front gate the lobby(office) area is on right and motel rooms on left which is 3 floor high maybe about 12 rooms per floor. Past the lobby is an out door thatched roof eating area on right and 3 buildings 2 floors each with upstairs and downstairs bungalows. Ones on ground floor have private outdoor area with hammocks and sitting area. Each bungalow is themed a little different some have 2 bedrooms all are roomy and comfortable. The beds were very nice and bathrooms clean. There is free parking in front. The Bungalows has a very safe feel. Stay here they will make you feel like family.

Room Tip: Stay in the bungalow they might cost a little more put worth the money. We stayed in the 2 bedroom p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family