“Excellent value!”

The Bungalows Hotel
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We travel alot! My husband for work, I work for an airline. We love to stay in family run places when we can because we often stay at big chain properties.
We loved The Bungalows. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast was awesome, and the staff was excellent!
The neighborhood is safe, and quiet. It only a short walk to town and we never had a car or taxi while in town.
We actually stayed here a year ago, Febuary. I am researching another trip with free points we earned and I realized I never wrote a review. If I were not getting a free room with my points, I would stay here again!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mlg70

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We leave tomorrow after a fabulous stay at The Bungalows. This is an oasis in a resort area. I really can not add to the comments of other guests. Queasy clean, great location (easy walks to beach, marina, and downtown Cabos), heated pristine pool, delicious breakfasts, and most of all the most friendly, helpful staff we've encountered on our many vacations in all parts of the worl. Thank you Estella and Erik!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great location and atmosphere. If you are looking for high end, this is not for you.

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite from 2/26 - 3/2. Comfortable king size bed. Small kitchen & couch in entry area. We didn't spend much time inside except to shower & sleep. The unit could have used a little more storage space and a clock in the bedroom. There was a TV & DVD player in the bedroom. No cable, but we did not mind.

The outdoor balcony was private and had a view of the water. We liked hearing the roosters while having coffee in the morning. The foliage was lush and had a tropical feel. The management and guests were friendly and breakfasts were excellent. The breakfast area had a nice social feel where other travelers shared their tips. Estella, Eric & Alexa made you feel very comfortable. Easy walking distance to downtown. We really liked the Bungalows.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We picked this hotel based on the excellent reviews and ratings it received; however it was a bit disappointing when we got there. While the place has a lot of charm - lots of coconut and mango trees making pretty rustling and swaying sounds with the sea breezes, a courtyard with a pool in the center, lots of plants and flowers everywhere, etc., everything is much smaller than it appeared on the promotional video in their website. The "honeymoon" suite which we had, though cozy and had lots of fresh plants here and there, and had a small kitchenette with a small refrigerator and microwave, plus a small sitting room, was not adequately equipped for a really comfortable stay. There was only one side table in the bedroom with a lamp so low, it could not serve as a reading lamp. The other side of the bed had a tall stand of fresh plant. There are only ceiling lights attached to the ceiling fan in both the bedroom and in the small sitting room. So when you are having a bad night, or you just want to read yourself to sleep, you cannot do so. The ceiling lights are too bright. Reading lamps in the bedroom and in the sitting room would have made a lot of difference. I think people can only do so much "honeymooning."
The hotel is very close to a major, very busy road. Lots of traffic noises all through the night. It is also in a residential area, so one also has to contend with dogs barking, roosters crowing in the early morning, and people talking and laughing loudly. One has the choice of closing the windows and using the ceiling fan, which, fortunately, was enough for this time of the year, though the noises were still not completely blocked off. The air conditioning unit is also very noisy, and even if you don't use yours, you can still hear the one in the adjacent room. Obviously, I am very sensitive to noise, and so these things matter a lot, but for those who can sleep through all these, then, yes, it is a good place to stay, especially for families with young kids. The pool was very popular with the children. The bed was comfortable, and the unit was very clean. A simple breakfast is provided consisting of fresh fruit juice, 12 pieces of very thinly sliced fruits, a one-egg omelette the first day, waffles the following day, which we did not like. We asked for scrambled eggs and toast instead, and we were accommodated. It provides safe and adequate parking for cars, and is also walking distance to the center of town where there are lots of good shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cot2ntail
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Bungalows because it was recommended by my tour guide Whale Watch Cabo. I was not disappointed. From the moment I checked in it felt like home. The breakfast is outstanding and rooms are very cozy. They are located off the main drag but within a 5-10 minute leisurely walk from it. The owners/operators Estella and her son Eric are/wonderful people.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel deserves every word of praise it has ever received. Any comment I could make would just be redundant. As charming and lovely, clean and safe as the physical setting of this hotel is, it would be nothing without the people that run it. Estella, her family and the rest of the staff at the Bungalows go above and beyond the norm. I cannot thank them enough for the kindness, warmth and friendship they showed us during our stay. As much as I may enjoy any vacation, I never go back as I'm always looking for a new experience. The exception to this would be to revisit The Bungalows and Cabo San Lucas!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I are not too crazy about large resorts - they lack character and charm and I don't really feel like it's an authentic experience. After reading reviews of the Bungalows I knew we found the perfect place. The hug from Alexa when we arrived last Saturday was wonderful as well.
We stayed in one of the cozy suites which suited what we needed perfectly. Not too fancy but just what we wanted. I like the proximity to town - just 400 meters to the Marina and another 400 meters to the beach. If you need a cab ride they will call it in for you and it's about $8.00 US - we did this at night as the street is not well lighted and it's on a hill. Eric recommended a restaurant and the owner told us which beach to visit- one that was not crowded and filled with vendors. The pool is a bit shaded so it's not too hot while laying out and water is a nice comfortable temp. Our wi-fi worked perfectly and was complimentary. Breakfast was delicious and complimentary - served in their charming breakfast room. If you want an authentic Cabo experience at an affordable price then stay at the Bungalows. We intend to come back next year for another visit. I loved this place!
Oh - don't miss out on Valentina the giant dog who lounges in the office.

Room Tip: For just two people the cozy suite works. Probably one of the bungalows near the pool if you have ki...