“Awesome experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
OKC
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because of the positive reviews and we were not disopointed. The staff was amazing. They helped us set up a fishing trip and a car rental. They were spot on recomending restaurants and the breakfast totally loved up to the hype.

Thank you bangalows. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Okietourist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We booked this hotel based in the Tripadvisor reviews and the experience was really good. First, we've booked the cozy room and when we got there, we got offered a free upgrade to a bungalow as the hotel was not completely occupied (Our stay was from Monday to Thursday).
Rooms were clean, quiet and cozy.
At first, hotel looks a little bit far as you have to walk 2 hills to arrive downtown, but afterwards you realize it is really close to the action and far enough to stay away from all the noise.
Breakfast was delicious! and the staff was absolutely lovely: I was traveling with a small baby and Erick even drove us up and down to downtown for dinner as most of the sidewalks are not really "stroller friendly".
Estela was really friendly and the plus was meeting their lovely dog Adonis :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ranalicia
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Prior to planning our trip to Cabo (my wife and another couple) we were trying to decide on a place to stay. We didn't want an all inclusive hotel so this was a great option just from the reviews. We worked with Patricia to get our reservation process started and she was accommodating and answered all of our questions regarding the hotel and setup.

We ended up reserving the 2 bedroom Patio Bungalow for 4 people. Upon arriving in Cabo the transportation we reserved through The Bungalows was standing right outside holding a sign with our name on it. When we arrived at the hotel Estela met us and showed us to our room. We were pretty hungry so we asked for food recommendations and she pointed us to Los Claros (which happened to be one of our favorite restaurants in Cabo). The bungalow was real cozy and the beds were really comfortable We had no problem falling asleep. There were A/C units in the bedrooms and overhead fans in all of the rooms. We also had a mini fridge and microwave. Our rooms were cleaned daily with coffee and fresh water provided in sealed gallon jugs (which really didn't matter as you could ask any of the staff for these and they will get you more if you wanted it). The pool was cleaned every morning and the grounds were well maintained.

Everyone raved about the breakfast in prior reviews and it lived up to the hype. Fresh fruit juices or smoothies every morning, coffee, a fresh fruit plate and a hot meal (alternating sweet and salty daily, though I don't know if that was the intention, but it was also a nice touch).

I was a little worried about the location of the hotel as that was an issue for some of the other reviewers of The Bungalows. We did not find this to be a problem, but rather refreshing (as we did a lot of eating on this trip). It is about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the beach. [Side Note: If you're a first timer like I was, I was looking at the beach on the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula as the closer beach. However you cannot swim at that beach as the current it too strong.] We found that the hotel was actually closer to many the places we ended up going to than many of the other larger hotels. We tended to eat at the restaurants closer to west side of downtown because those were many of the places that were recommended to us by locals. But if we went further we payed no more than $8 total for a ride to the beach, and usually $6 to downtown if we didn't feel like walking.

Estela, Erik and Aletse were always helpful to us. Any of the recommendations they gave us never disappointed us. Aletse told me where their coffee mugs were from, so I walked over there to purchase some. Estela and Erik told us where to eat, Erik drove us to one of his favorite restaurants and hooked us up with a bottle of wine and a meal upgrade. I was talking to our friends even if this was a middle of the road hotel, we would come back for the service ... I guess the plus is not only is the service great but the hotel is awesome too. They treated us as if we were family and watching them interact with other guests was refreshing, because we don't see service like this often.

If you have any questions about my review or anything in general, feel free to pm me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
15 Thank Dru Y
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Is the best place, comfortable rooms, very quiet and they have everyday a delightfully different breakfast!!! Estela and her children are the best !! We where traveling wiht a small child and we always have something special for her! We highly recomment The Bungalows!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank susidelmoral8
NSW Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at The Bungalows in May for six nights and it was by far the best accommodation experience I have had in Mexico. Not because it was five star fancy, but because from the minute I walked through the gate into the tropical pool area I found both peace (which I sorely needed) and a new family. After a warm welcome by Erik I was shown to my lovely Cozy Suite upstairs. The decor was perfect. If I built my own little Mexican house it would look a lot like this. Later I was upgraded to a stunning garden bungalow by the pool. Cool and spacious with two separate bedrooms. I would highly recommend both kinds of room. Breakfast was spectacular. Just be aware it is a little walk downtown - and not on the beach, but in a neighbourhood - which I loved. I was on my own and always felt safe walking to and from the hotel. But if it's late, or you're carrying groceries from the supermarket just down the road and don't fancy the walk up the hill, a cab is about $7. The jazz sailing cruise recommended by Erik was superb and I also did a low key private tour to Todos Los Santos with Erik's brother Torito, complete with a surfing lesson along the way. Fantastic fun. Torito is a professional chef. He owns Cabo Chef Services and can whip up an incredible meal if you have a special occasion. He also knows all the best places to eat. I will keep going back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank AussieLu
Victorville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We ended our Timeshare week and stayed at the Bungalows for 2 nights.... What a nice way to end our trip, very peaceful, enjoyed just sitting by the pool and reading. Estella, Junior and Eric are wonderful hosts. We arrived earlier than check in time, but they got our room ready and already had our luggage in it before we knew it. A short walk to town and they even dropped us off downtown at a place to eat. We stayed in the Hammock suite and was nice to have the extra patio to ourselves. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julianne W
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the Hammock-Bungalow for 1 night. The hotel is very charming and convenient to downtown (10 minute walk). The breakfast was awesome with fresh juice, fruit, quiche and toast. Eric was so welcoming and helpful with planning our activities (ATVing in the desert and snorkeling).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple