The Bungalows Hotel
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed at the Bungalows in March. Beautiful rooms with a mini kitchen. Pool was the center of the courtyard surrounded by lush greenery. Quiet and low key. Breakfast every morning was amazing! Never had the same thing twice. T.V. in the room to watch movies that they have in the recepition area. The Bungalows are only a 10-15 minute walk to restaurants. On the way to the beach you pass by restaurants/stores which makes the 20 minutes walk short. I highly recommend The Bungalows if you're looking for a relaxing trip to Cabo.

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms available. They have some on the backside that have outdoor patios and tons of p...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I only stayed at The Bungalows one night but it was fantastic! The staff was very friendly and gave us great recommendations! (Marro's for fish and lobster and Mama Mia's for pizza) The cream cheese french toast was delicious for breakfast along with a smoothie. It was a less than 10 min. walk to the shops and marina which I did by myself, very safe. The had free wi-fi and really good soaps in the rooms (desert soap, a bought a couple at the airport before leaving!) I loved the authentic Mexican decor of the hotel and our room had a great patio with a hammock, a small living room, kitchen, decent bathroom, and bedroom. Cannot say enough great things about this cozy little boutique hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've stayed at The Bungalows twice, both times with a group of 7 girlfriends for summer break. Really, it's a lovely little spot that's a short walk (~10 minutes) from the beaches, Squid Roe, gift shops, bars, etc. If I had to choose, my favorite thing about The Bungalows is that they serve free breakfast. I know it's a given since the place is a bed and breakfast, but the breakfasts were delicious! Fresh fruit agua frescas, great coffee blends, authentic and homemade dishes.

Very friendly staff, too. Ask for Erik! Friendliest manger and so accommodating. He even introduced us to a local restaurant called Patagonia. We had pitchers of cold sangria, perfectly marinated meat, rice, french fries -- it was a treat!

Also, there is a gelato store and crepes stand in the same strip of shops. I recommend stopping by. We also heard a lot about a place called The Office... I think it's a lounge/bar and apparently it's a nice spot to go to enjoy drinks. Would recommend checking that out as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank wander11ust
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Been going to Cabo since I was little (in college now), and this was one of my favorite stays so far. I went with my family and walking into the Bungalows was a surprise. My sister and I kept calling it "The Secret Garden", where you don't expect what you're going to see when walk through the gate. Everything is so colorful and tropical, instead of "deserty". Eric (one of the mangers there) kept my sis and I laughing the entire time. I felt totally comfortable going for a run in the area or in to town and beach. My dad and I loved all the pretty hammocks, which he said weren't there the last time he stayed at the Bungalows (he stayed once without us another time).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LilHanz
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed at the Bunglows with 7 other girlfriends, and had an absolutely awesome experience. My friends and I looked forward to the AMAZING breakfast every morning, and were so delighted by the warm and welcoming staff (especially Erik). We walked everywhere; Squid Roe is only a ten minute walk and the beach is just 15 minutes away. We didn't use a taxi once. We went to the marina on several occasions after a day at the beach and I recommend going to Senor Sweets, BEST gelato ever! Highly recommend staying here if you are going with a big group of friends and want a convenient location, but also want somewhat of a peaceful oasis.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sara W
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've always stayed at the beach areas, but after some coaxing from my husband who stayed at the Bungalows before w/ his fishing buddies, this stay has been the most relaxing stay so far in Cabo. Nice to get a way from the "touristy" aspects of Cabo, especially dealing with time share hassles. Even our teenage daughters loved it, and we always felt very safe walking into town, which was only a short distance (maybe 10 minutes or so). The people who work there, were extremely accommodating and helpful (not to mention, funny!). LOVED the food! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DRSac
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Bungalows is completely different than any other hotel we have ever stayed. It doesnt have the feel of a "big" resort or hotel because its not. From the very beginning I was impressed with the service. Every reservation is booked through the owner, Patricia, who is a joy to work with and very nice.

About the hotel - I would guess there is ~10-15 rooms here which allows the innkeepers to attend each guest and they are very attentive to the details. As my title hints, the beauty of this place IS in the details - everything from the unique architecture, the different-really comfortable chairs around the grounds, to the old fashioned phone that you hold with both hands, and the video lending library sets Bungalows apart. The innkeepers Maria and her son are always offering help with restaurant choices and arranged our return limo ($55) to the airport.

Its no wonder why this place got the Best of 2012 for Bargain hotels. With the price ranging from $75-$180/nt its no wonder. Top it all off, breakfast is included and its GREAT! During our stay we enjoyed french toast stuffed with cream cheese and macadamia nuts topped with carmalized banana's, fresh fruit, and a really good smoothie.

The only thing that isnt maxed in my review is location. Bungalows is walking distance to great eateries like Maro's, Mama Mia Pizza, etc (8 min), about 1 mile to the Marina (15 min), and about 1 mile to the beach (20 min). Definitely not a deal breaker, but be advised. This is also a benefit because there is virtually no noise at nights.

Room Tip: Try Mama Mia's pizza for delivery or Maro's for Lobster, Shrimp, and Steak for $15 when you...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple