“Very Dissapointed”

san diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very Dissapointed”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Fished with Minerva’s on their 33 footer this past Saturday. As promised it was a very nice boat with top notch gear, but the crew left much to be desired. Upon departure, we told the crew we were interested in working the waters close for the Dorado bite that was anticipated to pick up after the storm. You would think they would have been open to this, but instead told us the fishing we WANTED to do was no good and that they were going to hunt for some larger tuna and perhaps marlin a ways out. We questioned the intel regarding the dorado bite since the port had been closed the prior day, but all we got was a shoulder shrug. Headed out with large marlin lures rigged and after a few hours started to see some dolphin. I had to ask the deck hand twice to put on the plugs. He finally did and within no time we picked up a double strike on some very small grade yellowfin. There was clearly a school and following fish, but no live bait rigs to be found to capitalize. This is when I looked in the bait tank and saw that there were only 5 live baits and not the 10 we paid for. Could this be why? I asked the deck hand why we didn’t try…he said…no school. Unreal. I asked him to replace the last two marlin lures with plugs and he shook his head. A few minutes later, another double…again, small tuna with no live bait to follow through in the school. The skipper and deckhand seemed to simply not care at all what kind of experience we were going to have. We asked again to head back in to where the dorado were expected to be and were told no. Not exactly what the deal was, but the general sentiment was this was a very expensive boat ride. It didn’t help to return to the port to see all the dorado flags raised and here the stories from the other anglers who went out on the other, less expensive boats we passed on.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank asfriedman

Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fishing experience”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

One of the best fishing trips of my life. I can tell you, that after fishing in over a dozen countries, I know a good fishing operation when I see one. The boats were clean, organized, and well maintained. The equipment was top notch. The crew was very friendly and helpful. They worked their butts off to get me fish. I didn`t stay in Cabo, so I got a taxi down there. Make sure to tell them hacienda dock. They dropped me off at the other side of the dock, and it required a water taxi to get me over. They ripped me off($20 USD for the 1.5 min ride) but what was I going to do. Never to fear, the Minervas crew, and owners, blessed them out for me. They even offered to repay my money, which I declined. After all it was my fault.

We left the dock before time to start, got lunch and bait for the day and headed out. Within the first hour and 15 min, we had caught 2 dorado, including one bull, and a striped marlin. There was a little break in the action, only for it to pick back up again. We hit a school of dorado, and proceeded to catch another 13 before I asked the crew to head out, and get back after the marlin/sailfish I was after. Not long after we raised another sailfish and got it to bite, only to have it throw the hook. We finished the day with one more marlin, and were headed back into the dock, when captain Pimi spotted another marling close to the surface. We promptly stopped, and started pitching live bait to it. They worked from the time I got on the boat, to the time I got off. Bob was at the dock to greet us upon arrival. Got a ride to the shop, where I bought tshirts and asked for them to hail me a cab. Bob, said no way and gave me a ride back to my hotel. Excellent service. I will be back every year!!!

Jeff

Visited August 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“You wanna catch fish? Call Minerva's!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I have been fishing in cabo for over 10 years. Minerva's has always taken great care of me. I like to fish on Minerva II with Pimi, he loves to catch fish and will work hard to find the fish and get them into the boat. The boat is great for two people or six people very comfortable. Minerva III is another great boat and captain. Trust them they will take great care of you. If you want to catch lots of fish - call Minerva's!

Amarillo, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We went fishing on the Manerva 3 on6/9/12. We caugh 1 large marlin and hooked 3 others. We saw close to 100 marlin on the surface but could not get them to bite. The boat was comfortable and very functional. The 2 man crew was very professional. The trip was booked for 8 hrs but we stayed out almost 9 hrs

Palm Desert
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best in Cabo”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have fished Minerva for over15 years, never skunked once! Both Bob and Minerva are nice people and run a top notch fleet.
I wouldn't fish anyone else.
And by the way, I just returned yesterday from Cabo. My buddies and I fished on Minerva II with caption Pimi and had a great day. 7 Tuna 1 Yellowtail 1 Marlin
The most flags in the harbor!!!
If your thinking about fishing in Cabo, think Minerva, and tell them Moe sent you.

Visited March 2012