We stayed at The Welk Sirena Del Mar last month for five days to celebrate our first anniversary and had the most wonderful vacation!
First, we got a great deal on Hotels.com (and they participate in their Welcome Rewards program) which is always a great start!
This was our first time to Cabo. Have visited Playa, Cozumel, Tulum a few times and was very excited to visit the other side of Mexico! Getting there was also super easy! Since Southwest has now merged with Airtran, we were able to book our flights converting Rapid Rewards points and took an easy direct flight from Orange County. Upon arrival at The Welk we were so impressed with how gorgeous this property is! The reviews are all true! It is beautifully landscaped on a cliff and whoever designed it did a wonderful job of using each level to enhance the natural beauty of the sea and cliffs rising up to the pools and hotel. And the infinity pool! A-MAZ-ing!!
We stayed in a one bedroom condo, which had everything you could possibly need...even a blender! Fiesta dishes, wine glasses, every kind of cooking utensil, even a pitcher that we could make iced tea in (it;s the little things sometimes!) Our condo had a balcony overlooking the ocean and we enjoyed breakfast every morning out there feeling incredibly lucky.
The resort itself is so beautiful that you really could spend your whole time there, but my husband and I wanted to explore as this was our 1st visit. I had researched taking the local bus beforehand and it worked out perfect for us! Plus we did not have to rent a car! Each day we walked up the hill (which is not bad at all and great after those breakfasts on the balcony) to the highway. The buses come by often and it's super easy. There are local white buses that go into Cabo and then SuperCabos buses that run between San Jose and Cabo. We did both and on different days went to Lover's Beach, San Jose, Chileno Beach (great snorkeling and the hotel will provide a snorkel mask, although next time we will bring fins! No need to pay for a snorkeling trip! Just take the bus there!)
Each night after enjoying our adventures we came back and felt like we had the hotel to ourselves! Enjoyed the fire pit and huge jacuzzi each night under the stars! Plus one night we grilled a dorado fish that another guest had given us from their sport fishing trip on the public grills the Welk has by the pool and enjoyed a romantic dinner overlooking the cliffs and sea while watching the Geminids meteor shower! It was like a movie!
The private beach next to the Welk is also really nice with great snorkeling just down the stairs from the resort.
And Jorge and the rest of the the staff is absolutely awesome! So friendly and helpful! And we were never even asked about any kind of timeshare in our 5 days there.
As far as construction, hardly noticed it...we were in a front building and this was in the back. And yes our room did not have service, but we were able to easily ask for towels and paper towels, etc.
There is a great little market that is very walkable (just up the hill across the highway and down about two blocks to the right) that has delicious guac and salsa plus lots of gourmet grocery items that are not too expensive.
There is also a cute restaurant that is walkable from The Welk that has $20 Lobster dinners, can't remember the name but just down a path from the road leading to The Welk.
If you are thinking about using the local bus, it is easy to get to the resort from the airport too. We didn't do this and arranged a shuttle but next time we will take the bus! (I love to save $$!)
But if you do want to shuttle try Fun Los Cabos which was only $30 per person round trip. They were great and you actually take a TransCabo shuttle, but on the TransCabo website they only do private shuttles to the Welk which are much more expensive.
Enjoy The Welk! It;s a dream vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos