Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$275
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$166
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$320
  • Breakfast included
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$260
Bookit.com
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$297
$254
Bookit.com
$340
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$192
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$335
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$92
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$185
Preferred Hotels
1,593 results
All reviewsprivate beachestrella restaurantfull kitchenwhelkswasher dryerswim up barhome depotrented a carfire pitactivities directortacomexican fiestasmall resortthe penthouseocean viewtime shareon the rocks
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I picked this resort based on reviews on Trip Advisor and Expedia. It didn't disappoint. The resort is newer - about 4 years old, offers incredible views, large clean rooms and a wonderful staff. If you are looking to be away from the bustle of Cabo beach, this is a great resort in terms of location. It is 10 to 15 min cab ride to downtown. The resort has multiple pools. The food at the resort, while pricey is very good. We took a $10 cab the first day and stocked up at Costco on bottled water and food. The staff also appears very honest. One day I accidentally left the safe open with multiple ipads and an envelope with a large amount of cash. When we came back to the room, the maid had cleaned the room, took the tip we left and never touched anything in the safe. On a related note, I always felt safe at this resort. This resort is a time share resort and we simply said no at the offer of the time share presentation.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CSMM121212
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was the second week of our Cabo vacation. Oct 19th -- Oct 25th.
First week was at Hacienda Encantada. (Reviewed separately)
Our second week was at Welks Sirena del Mar
Getting to this resort involved going down a long road off the highway that looked like you were going into the slums of Cabo. Then you come upon the grand entrance. This is a much smaller resort than Hacienda Encantada (Oct. 12-Oct 19th 2013)
This resort is also built into the side of a rocky mountain but on the tip of a small peninsula of rock. It is built on different levels, each level overlooked the lower one giving you an excellent view of the Sea of Cortez with its rocky shoreline. Getting from one level to the next is done by stairs. Lots of stairs. There are just 3 main buildings. One, includes the front desk, a fitness center, owners lounge, and sales center. There is also a small store with some bare essentials. The other two buildings house all the villas. Each building has a luxury Penthouse suite along with Deluxe and Premium Villas.

SDM does have its own “almost” private beach. There are also a few home owners who have access to it. They advertise access to it is by way of a three floor spiral stair case. This is true but they don’t tell you there are 3 levels of regular stairs before you get to the spiral stair case. That actually makes the equivalent of 6 flights of stairs. If your not in shape for this kind of exercise it can be a tough climb after spending an afternoon on the beach. This beach to me was not what I expected. It is made up primarily of small granite pebbles. Not real comfortable on your feet unless you are wearing some kind of beach shoe. Even than it is very hard to walk on because of how soft it is. Sand actually packs semi solid after it is wet so you can walk on it, but this stuff just stays soft and each step you make you sink in enough to cover your foot. The week we were there the tide went out daily in early afternoon leaving more beach and less water to swim in. Once the tide was out you could wade out about knee deep before you encountered large rocks that were even harder to get over to get to deeper water. So in the morning was the best time to swim and enjoy the water. Water temp at this time of year was very similar to the pool water just walk right in. There were lots of people snorkeling mostly in the morning and the word was the snorkeling was very good for looking for different types of fish. Just wading out to my knees I was greeted by several types of fish. There were other beaches in the area that we passed by car that appeared to be much bigger and easier to get to if you had transportation. I don’t know if these beaches are made up of the same granite peoples.

The resort has two swimming pools, both are kind of small. The larger of the two has a pool bar that overlooks the ocean. This is an infinity pool and the one side of it faces the famous Cabo Arch. You can just stand there at the infinity edge and enjoy your favorite beverage while taking in this famous landmark. Out on the very tip of this peninsula they have a mounted pair of binoculars where you can get a great view of the arch and also the famous lovers beach where you can see right through the mountain from the Sea of Cortez to the Pacific Ocean . The other pool is much smaller on the other side of this peninsula and is shaded with a pergola. Also out on the end is an area where they have a bar built with a couple of barbecues. On certain days they have food specials like tacos and other food made to order . Taco day out there was a very fun time. Tacos were custom made for a bargain price of $2.00 each. This whole area including the pools is a very small and more than 50 people would probably make it quite crowded. The views from the pools looking both directions are just what Cabo is all about. I just cant say enough of about the view of the ocean, lands end and if you bring your own binoculars you can see the marina which is part of the town of Cabo.

Take a cab into the marina and then you can walk the marina looking at all the beautiful boats. This walk around the marina is lined with many restaurants and bars. So you have your pick of places to eat and drink. The place that seemed to be more popular than others was called “The Office”. We talked to several couples who had been there and thought it was great. Another popular place was Mar’os Shrimp house. We made it to Mar’os during our first week while at Hacienda Encantada. This was a really neat place. Probably a great place for hanging out during spring break for the college group. We each had a lobster and shrimp dinner which was very good and the price was right. After dinner we were expecting to leave but then our waiter showed up with two pieces of delicious chocolate cake. Then when I thought we were ready to go again he showed up with two slammers which is a shot of tequila and some sprite added. This was all on the house. When we finally did get our bill and paid it leaving our waiter a generous tip, he escorted my wife and I out to the street and hailed us a cab. He even helped my wife climb in seeing as it was a pretty hi step up to get in the van. This was truly really great service. Another drink they were serving a lot of was called a Mexican Bulldog. This drink has tequila and margarita mix in a large fishbowl with a corona beer turned upside down and placed in the middle of the fish bowl. Then the waiter does a sexy little thing with the beer bottle while doing a little dance move. Our second week while at SDM we wanted to go to the office but we never made it there.
The third and fourth week of October the town hosts two of the largest fishing tournaments in the world. Bisbee’s Black & Blue Marlin tournament is the bigeeeeeee. Boats, Captains , fishermen and fishing teams come from all over the world for this tournament. Prize money is in the millions and entry fees are in the 5k to 10k range. 8am in the morning all the boats gather just outside of the marina and wait for the starting gun. Then its quite a sight to see with hundreds of boats taking off in all directions to their favorite fishing hot spots. While we were there I saw a weigh in of a black marlin that weighed 556 pounds. This was not the winner as there were several others that were even larger. Along with all the food and drink there are several souvenir and jewelry stores where you can haggle on the prices for almost anything if you dare.

Back at SDM the units are very well laid out. The unit we had was called a 1BR Deluxe Villa. This was small in sq. footage but had everything you might need. Including a kitchen with a 2 burner hotplate built into the granite top, along with a full size refridge, a dish washer and even a washer and dryer combo, with plenty of soap to wash several loads of clothes if you needed to. A king size bed in a separate bedroom with sliding doors that lead to a balcony that was right on the ocean front looking down on the water breaking over the rocky shoreline. As near as I could tell all the villas have the same view of the ocean. Also there was a flat screen TV with a DVD player. There was a full bathroom with granite tops and twin sinks. Also a std tub with a shower. When you first walk into the villa on the right was a small dinette relaxing area with fold out sofa, table and chairs and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. Small but a lot more than just a hotel room. There is also a 1BR Premium Villa which is a whole different story. This is a luxury 1BR with double the size of the Deluxe unit. This has a full kitchen with a range and oven. All the furnishings are top grade and just give the whole place a different feel. You actually have 3 different areas not including the bathroom. Kitchen, dining area and then a living area. Bathroom has a full size walk in shower with a ceiling mounted rainfall showerhead. The balcony even had a hammock strung on it along with a table and chairs.

On the downside this resort only has a small outside restaurant with a limited menu. There is no inside covered restaurant, so if it rains I’m not sure what they do. Along side the outside eating area there is another small bar that stays open into the evening.
On two other different levels there is hot tub level with a waterfall adjacent to it, and also another level with a fire ring for relaxing in the evening.

Last but not least both the wife and I got sick this last week. We both got some kind of bacteria infections. She started on Sunday right after we got there but by tues was AOK. I got sick on Wed and by Fri morning I was so bad we had to call a doctor. Don’t know how this happened as we have analyzed everything we ate and drank after arriving at SDM. We never left the resort except to buy some food at Walmart. We only bought drinks, snacks and stuff for sandwiches which was packaged and should have been safe. I only put this into this review to mention the excellent service we received from a doctor. After calling the front desk they gave us a list of doctors and phone numbers. My wife called a number and talked directly to a doctor who told her she would be here in less than 15 min. 10 min. later she arrived escorted by a resort security person. After taking my temp and giving me a shot she told us I had some type of a bacterial infection. We told her we were flying home that same day and wanted to know if I would be ok to fly. She called a pharmacy and ordered 2 prescriptions for me. She told us one would be bottles of an electrolyte that would re-hydrate me. She wrote her bill out explaining I would be taking this liquid thru the TSA inspections at the airport and assured us this would not be a problem. She took a credit card as payment including the prescriptions she ordered and said they would be here within 10 min. Sure enough 10 min after she left the prescriptions arrived. All in all in less than 30 min from when we called the doctor we had the prescriptions. At the airport we just showed her letter at check in and they immediately put me in a wheel chair and went right through TSA inspection. So again I put this in the review to let people know that there is excellent service available when in need of emergency care.

Going up the road the other away from the marina is another town called San Jose del Cabo. We never got to check it out, but we were told it was much more laid back and a quiet place to visit. So if you do visit this area you should probably check out both towns to see which you like best. I don’t think we will be back to this area mainly because of the hilly rocky terrain and the lack of a nice beach available right at the resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank pearlhouse
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was fortunate to be able to come for the second time to this beautiful resort, and once again I had a great stay there. My daugther and I enjoyed the facilities, the superb service, our villa and a relaxing massage. This is a place where all the staff is always doing their best, so when it's time to leave you are already wishing to come back soon. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this another great stay. Congratulations!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank karla014
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Back for a week @ Sirena Del Mar for our 2nd visit from 2 yrs. ago. Still a fabulous, quiet location that is cleaned and prepared for its guests every sunny morning.
I should note there is new construction, the addition of a new building, just behind the original block of rooms and yes it's pounding and sawing. Was surprised because I hadn't know prior to arrival. It's not too disturbing as we spend most days either @ the pools or beach or in town, but should be noted so ask if you are coming anytime soon. Their new building is away from that construction but more noise above the private beach with construction there as well.
Arrival wasn't too "welcoming" as I was asked for the written confirmation, though we were expected, and pulling it up on my phone to email to him as proceedure seemed a bit much. Received our information packet and off to our first floor room, which I was unsure about. Asked about changing to a higher room if available & was told to ck each day @ 9 am. Seems requests could be noted and the guests appraised of options...just an annoyance. We stayed on first level, which was as lovely as our first room 2 floors above from our initial stay, except for people walking above with heavy feet. As before the place feels almost private, never crowded & on a few days there are timeshare tours around in the morning.
Snokeling was best ever and the omni present pelicans diving around the cove was fun to watch.
Inside units are laid out & decorated well, though showing some wear & tear and deep cleaning needs.
They haven't added the market they said was coming but there is a small one (bring your own DVD's). Restaurant available with 2 happy hours, which we didn't use this visit. Manny will keep you busy, if you choose, with activities like tequilla tasting, bingo, water aerobics, salsa lessons.
For as picky as this review may sound, the resort is just beautiful on many levels and I suspect you would think so too!

Room Tip: During construction ask for new building. All rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MegamomSeattle
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Whenever I get burned out and tired, I tell my husband, I need a holiday. He doesn't even ask me where I want to go anymore, he just picks up the phone and calls our friends/family at The Welks. He knows it will ALWAYS be a great experience with wonderful service, food, room accommodations, cleanliness and a warm welcome. Every detail is thought through from the team that works here. Manny in his daily water aerobics, taco Tuesday out by the pool, Alejandro with his warm smile and friendly greeting and amazing Customer Service, Domingo, Mario, Edgar to greet us to make for a perfect getaway! Each room is Ocean Front, you have your own Kitchen for morning coffee or late dinner on the Ocean front Balcony. BBQ grill for the fish you caught that day in town. Snorkeling in the clear blue water every morning as a "compliment" from the resort. For my money and my time, hands down the best resort to get away. Why would I go anywhere else? Beautiful, quiet, and as I walk past everyone that works here, I say, "Paradise" enjoy! you will never be disappointed here.... Ever! Take it for the 8 time visitor that I am:)

Room Tip: A rooms are worth it!! especially if you bring family. So much room, bigger than a NY apartment:)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple