Just got back from a week at Sirena Del Mar. We were there the first week of September 2013. It is a beautiful resort with an awesome view and very accomodating staff. The resort is about 10 minutes from downtown Cabo and unless you want to stand in the pool and drink all day there is not much else to do. I would stay closer to downtown if I go back. The other option is San Hose Los Cabo that has a better beach area for swimming. The resort has an outdoor restaurant with less than average food. Renting a car was a good move since the cost of transport from the airport and taxi fees to town are very expensive. I rented a car from Alamo through my American Airlines reservation and spent $180 for the week for the car and Mexican Liability Insurance. Driving was easy as long as you follow the rules, all though no one else does. Most blow through stop signs and exceed all speed limits. Police did stop people and I just abided by the rules to avoid problems. Driving to Cabo Dowtown and SanJose Cabo and back to the Airport was about a half tank of gas for the week @ $35 in gas. Much better than Airport Transport and Taxis. Timeshare people are a real pain at the Airport and you need to keep moving through two rooms to get outside to your ride. Same problem at the beach with vendors and to a small degree at the resort. Just keep politely saying no thank you and move on.
The room and view at the resort were great, We were in building one 4th floor overlooking the pools and the Arch. Not very crowded because it was the HOT and Tropical Storm Season. While they are normally rare they had two tropical storms before we went and one while we were there.
It was very hot for our week and that affects my review, if it was not so hot my experiance would have been better. Just walking around the Marina (101 degrees) was brutal and since we were the only people walking there we were accosted by every restaurant, glass bottom boat ride, deep sea fishing trip and every other vendor on site making the day less than enjoyable.
Overall the Resort was very nice the property, pool, view were great. Food average at best. Activities minimal. If you want more activity you need to be closer to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos