My wife and I are owners at the Welk Resort in Escondido, California and were very excited about the opportunity to stay at Sirena Del Mar. Being a Welk Resort owner we were expecting it to be a first-class resort and it exceeded our expecations. It is small and intimate with a friendly staff that makes you feel like family. The location is beautiful, overlooking the Sea of Cortez and we never tired from watching the waves crash on the rocks below our balcony. Gina greated us warmly at reception when we checked in. Our rooms were not ready yet so we lounged by the pool and enjoyed a Margarita (or two). The bell boy, Franciso, could not do enough for us and was always there to help. The indoor dining room is not completed yet so dinners and special evening are outdoors with a beautiful view. Only one night when it was cold and windy was this a problem. The food was excellent with kudos to the Chef. If there is anything negative to say, it would have to be the need to take a Taxi if you choose not to eat at the Resort or want to do shopping. This can get very expensive. There is local bus service ;however the Resort is situated about 1/2 mile from the main road and it is an uphill walk on a narrow road. You then have to cross the main road to catch the bus depening on what direction you want to go. Bus fare is only $1 per person to go to Cabo so it is reasonable compared to pricey cab fares. In spite of this drawback, Sirena Del Mar is a great experience and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an escape from the mega-resorts in Cabo or San Jose Del Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos