This is our first time in Cabos and at Sirena Del Mar. We were not disappointed by the property. We stayed in the smaller 1 bedroom in the newer building on 2nd floor end unit infront of the ocean. There was so much privacy while we were on our balcony that it was fantastic. The view of the ocean and the sound of the pounding waves were absolutely impressive.
The king sized bed is extremely comfortable--not too soft and no sags anywhere while they used foam pillows which i liked. My only suggestion would be for them to provide a duvet instead of a blue wool blanket encased by 2 cotton sheets. Mind you the sheets were very smooth and comfortable.
The safe inside the bedroom is a very small one so it will not fit your laptop but the property felt very safe and there was no daily maid service unless you are willing to pay more $. Plenty of towels were left in the washroom along with amenities like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap. It was nice to have the double sinks.
The kitchenette had a good sized microwave, full sized fridge, and a dishwasher; but there was no oven. One can find all the pots and pans, cutlery, and dishes here. The coffee machine is just a regular drip machine that uses basket filters which they provided at least 7 filters but with only 2 bags of coffee. Luckily we brought our own coffee from home along with our own creamers/sugar. They even provided rags, dishwashing liquid, sponge, dishwasher powder, and extra garbage bags. I should mention that there is an automatic ice maker in the freezer which came in very handy and it was safe to consume the ice.
As for the room itself, it is a long rectangular shaped with the sofa and 4 chair/table kitchen table and tv as soon as you enter the room. As you continue to walk forward, the washroom is on your left while the washer/dryer are on your right. Then at the end of the room is the bedroom with the gorgeous balcony with 2 cushioned chairs and table over looking the ocean.
On property are 2 infinity pools both quite shallow. One is up to 4 feet while the main pool is only 3 to 3.5 feet deep. Music is broadcasted at the pool area until about 5pm daily. If you like the older 70s and 80s music like i do, then you will enjoy the pool area very much. There is even a swim up bar in the main pool. The water temperature of both pools are just right...not too cold and not too warm. The water was crystal clear and everything was kept so spic and span. For the gigantic hot tub, you would need to descend a flight of stairs to get to and there is even a cold water cascading waterfall behind the hot tub if you need to cool down.
There are many lounge chairs all around the different levels of the property and there are plenty of towels put on shelves for easy access. There are also plenty of umbrellas. On the one end of the pool level are 2 barbecues for the guests to use anytime and I see the staff cleaning them on a daily basis so it's very clean.
The dirt road from the hotel to the main highway is a good 10 min hike but if you are in fairly good shape, it is not bad at all. I would not recommend walking up this little hill if you have any issues with mobility. I would also not recommend walking on it in the dark as it is not lit.
The restaurant on the property is very convenient but the prices are quite high. $8 for a margarita that is served in a warped green plastic cup and american breakfast is 170 pesos. In the evenings there are also themed nights for USD$38 pp. For ex: Thusdays from 6 to 9pm is Seafood night, Wednesday night is prime rib night, Friday is Mexican Fiesta with all you can eat and drink for $38. On all the other nights, other than Fridays, it is NOT all you can eat. Although we did not eat here for dinner, we were told by many residents that their food quality was just mediocre.We did have the Taco Tuesdays by the pool for only $2 usd/taco--fish, pork, beef, and chicken. they were a good size and Taco Tuesdays run only from 12 to 3pm so don't miss out. I had 4 tacos and I was stuffed.
There are no wild spring breakers here and not hardly any screaming children. I would say the clientele is mostly in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. Many of the people we met are repeats that come year after year since its opening. The staff on the most part are extremely gracious and friendly with the exception of one of two bar tenders.
We would definitely return to Sirena Del Mar if the price is right as we got a fantastic price via Expedia for March, 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos