We stayed for a week as a family of four and were impressed with the resort. The one bedroom room had a couch that the kids slept on and the seperate bedroom was spacious with a comfortable king bed and good linens. The bathroom and shower were spacious and kitchen had everything you would need - blender, full oven, pots and pans. My wife spent a lot of time on the balcony hammock and I enjoyed watching the whales from the patio chairs. It is a small resort which means limited activities and hours for services such as the swim-up bar. The pools and hot tub were usually a good temperature, never too busy and many chairs and umbrellas were available. I agree with previous posts that say if you are going to use the restaurant, Taco Tuesday and Fiesta Friday are the times to go. I would recommend a car as it is a long walk to any store or off-property restaurant. It was my first time driving in Mexico and it was much better than I had anticipated. The roads were generally good, other drivers not loco and it was easy to get to places. We did day trips to Todos Santos, a zoo and hot springs near Santiago and many drives into Cabo, San Jose and grocery stores. As far as resort fees go, I agree they are annoying and I wish they would just add them up front to the nightly rate. However, the $7/day is the lowest we've seen for a daily fee.
The last 5 resorts we've been to (Oregon, California and Hawaii) have all had $25-35/day for the same services- wifi, valet parking, snorkeling equipment, towels, etc.
so we thought it wasn't a bad deal. The staff here are great and would always say hi or help If there was a question. As for painting and maintenance, it was pretty low-key and brief. Our last resort in Hawaii had jack-hammering during the day so I guess the painting wasn't an issue for us. We would return (at least until they start construction on the other buildings).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos