Just spent 5 nights at the Welk Resort Sirena del Mar. We have never been to Cabo and were nervous about picking a good hotel. My wife and I loved it. Thanks Tripadvisor reviewers for the help. We had a Deluxe Ocean Front One Bedroom Villa from what our reservation said. We thought it was a very nice room and set up well. The kitchen & washer/dryer were nice to have, and the bedroom was nice with a king size bed and private balcony overlooking the ocean. Being a smaller property (2 buildings, 65 or 70 units I think), there are not a ton of amenities, but it had two pools, a big hot tub, an exercise room (with great view) a restaurant and a swim up bar, and also little things to do like ping pong, billards, foosball and free use of a computer. Really, what we liked was the way it was all set up, kind of in a semi circle framed in by the two buildings with everything overlooking the palm trees, rocks and ocean. Everything was clean and well-maintained. The beach down & off to the side of the resort is nice and not crowded. We did not snorkel, but the hotel has gear to borrow. Our concierge tried to get us to listen to the timeshare presentation, but after our initial "no" on the first day, she did not push the issue. The staff was fantastic, friendly & helpful. Even the quiet/shy employees were polite and acknowledged us. I can't remember all names, but Manny the entertainment director was fantastic (proud to say I beat him at ping pong), as was Alex and Carlos, whether bartending or serving at the restaurant. Others were great, too, I just can't recall names. The two guys at the front desk were great, as were the two people at the concierge desk. Jazzie was our concierge and she was fantastic also. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff. Some previous reviews were only so-so on the restaurant, but we never had a bad meal, most were very good, but we are not foodies, so what do we know. To us, it was great. Maybe a bit on the pricey side, but so is the rest of Cabo and what do you expect for staying on-site. Taco Tuesday was a good deal and tasty, and the 2-for-1 happy hour from 2:00 to 3:00 at the pool bar was a lot of fun. Puerta Vieja restaurant located on the main road just a couple hundred yards toward town from the hotel was a very good meal. Also went to The Office at Medano Beach for a meal, which was good food and fun people watching. We recommend both of those places to eat. The market in the hotel lobby is small, it has a few things, but not much of a selection. We went to town twice and Walmart for groceries once. We took one cab ride on the way back from Walmart, but otherwise took the bus the rest of the time. It is 20 pesos for two people and easy and takes only about 15 minutes. Look for the white school bus. The walk up to the main road is a bit of a hike and steep in some places, but do-able unless you have difficulty walking in the first place. If you go after dark, it is safe, but dark, so bring a flashlight or use your phone's. Overall, this was a great experience for us and we would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos