We very much enjoyed our stay at the Welks Resort Sirena Del Mar and I would recommend this resort to those visiting Los Cabos. It is among the most beautiful resorts that we've ever stayed at in our many travels. I would definitely return to this hotel if I were to return to Cabo….though, I am not a big fan of Cabo. That said, the resort is absolutely beautiful and every room has an amazing view of the ocean (my husband was able to spot whales from the balcony – absolutely incredible)! The staff is fantastic and we found everyone was very helpful.
We were located in the newer building and we were on the second level. We didn't have the penthouse suite, but rather stayed in the smaller of the suites. It was a very nice size with a master (private) bedroom, kitchenette, and living room. Our teenage son (19 years old) stayed on the pullout couch in the living room. The room is very modern, clean and well appointed. We had a full kitchen set up with a refrigerator, washer/dryer, microwave and stovetop...the room was perfect for three adults. We also had a nice sized balcony from the master bedroom and were able to enjoy the panoramic view from here. From our room, we were able to hear the ocean waves hitting the rocks down below...but when we closed the sliding door, it was nice and quiet.
The private beach was perfect for us. It is a cove and I felt very safe dipping in (note, the shoreline is a bit rocky so you do need to take caution). I did manage to try the snorkeling from the beach -- it was fantastic. I saw a variety of fish heading just few feet into the water from the shore... and it saved us money with the tour companies.
The downside of the resort is that the food is okay and it is a bit pricey. There are a couple of local restaurants within a half mile or so that were very good - Villa Sirena and Puerta Vieja - so that made the stay very pleasant. Also, we found that the alcoholic beverages to be a bit pricey at the resort e.g. $12 tequila shots, $6 mixed drinks. I would recommend heading to one of the local stores or to Oxxo (similar to a 7/11) to get cheaper alcoholic beverages if you are planning to party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos