“Hard to beat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Dallas
“Hard to beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a recent vacation, and we really enjoyed our trip. This resort is primarily a time share, but we booked it as a hotel using an online website (1 bedroom upgraded room). As a usual timeshare, the room we had was a suite with a kitchen, living room, and dining table. This worked out really well--we stopped at Walmart our first day to pick up food and drinks, and we made our own breakfast/snacks each day at the resort. The shower is made for 2 people with 2 spouts and a rain shower head above--a really cool experience. The balcony for our room was also very nice--it had a second dining table, a fan, and a hammock that overlooked the resort's private beach. Other notes about the room: the bed was on the firmer side, the AC works well, and the TVs have some common English channels.

The resort has 2 infinity pools (1 large, 1 small) and a large hot tub. There is a little bit of competition for chairs at the pool, but not too bad. The pool area has a nice view of Land's End, which makes for a great view. We also saw a couple of whales out in the distance, which was pretty cool. There is a swim up bar, which is convenient. However, because this is primarily a time share, you can easily bring drinks from your room instead of using the bar if you choose.

The beach was a short walk below the hotel, and it comes with umbrellas already set out for use. You can rent chairs, etc from the front desk if you choose. The beach is a little rocky--I'd recommend bringing some shows down there. Most of the beach is not swimmable due to coral RIGHT up to the beach, but there is one area for swimming if you choose. There's quite a few fish in that area, so you'll see some interesting stuff only 5-10 feet into the water. We ended up using the beach one day, and the pool for the rest.

There is also a fitness center, which has a full weight set, cardio equipment, and machines. Basically everything you need.

The hotel has activities basically every day for those interested. If you choose to do the bartending class, make sure you SHARE it with someone else--trust me on that. Prime Rib night was tasty, and the Mexican Fiesta was pretty fun.

The staff is very kind and friendly--from the front desk through Manny, the activities manager.

We would definitely come back here if we choose to come back to Cabo. Give this place a shot--you won't regret it!

Stayed November 2012
3 Thank apathynext

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a beautiful one bedroom ocean front view. The staff was outstanding. The property is well cared for and the room was spotless. The property is big enough to enjoy some privacy but large enought to have fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CynthiaAnnU
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Did a timeshare exchange and very fortunately was booked into Sirena Del Mar. All the staff are very welcoming and friendly. When I was checking in, I asked if it was possible to be upgrade to a 2 BR, instead of having (2) 1BR units. Now the WOW factor! Upgrade to 2BR penthouse, complete with a jacuzzi on the patio! I was travelling with my Diva freinds who were quite impressed. WE had a magnificant view of Land's end and the arches. There was a private beach we visited daily. We affectionately called the climb back up "the stairmaster". We also enjoyed the infinity pools, swim up bar and hot tub daily too! WE used the owner's lounge to wacth movies in the evening, dressed in our jammies. What could be better than that? We did aquasize, met wonderful other guests, flirted with the very cute servers...not bad fo somewhat senior Divas. All the staff were amazing. Ther job was to cater to our every whim. Well done I must say. Fiesta night a blast with live band and dancing. This resort is my all time favourite. We go again in 2013 with my husband. Then the romance begins...

Room Tip: All rooms face the Sa of Cortez. Fall asleep to rolling waves.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Sirena Del Mar is a unique vacationing experience which is kind of tough to put into words. It’s a small boutique ownership resort with about 60 rooms and the property is laid out so you can have your own privacy. If you want a quiet place to relax, this is the place for you. As other’s have written, you definitely want to get a villa with a room number ending in “A”. These rooms are very spacious with a full kitchen. Although we stayed in the older rooms on the property we did tour the newer ones on the west end. It appears they reserve these for the owners. The staff is awesome! It’s a nice touch in that they remember your name and they go out of their way to help you. It is a timeshare property but they don’t do the typical pressure sales tactics at check in which was nice. If you are going to stay for a week and like to venture out, I would recommend getting a car. It’s $10 to take a cab to Walmart and $15 to Cabo San Lucas one way so it gets expensive in a hurry. Contrary to other reviews regarding Cabo, it’s a pretty safe place to drive. On the property they do serve food which is good. Taco Tuesday ($2 tacos, beef, chicken, pork or fish) by the pool was to die for… very tasty! If you like to snorkel, there is a protective beach which has a lot of marine life. I would highly recommend this resort if you are heading to Cabo. The visiting owners we met really liked this property.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank 1mansopinion
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband booked a deeply discounted week at the superb Sirena Del Mar to celebrate my big birthday. It was a very memorable week. The sunrises and sunsets from our balcony porch were off the chart spectacular. The staff were very friendly and the quality of food at the on site restaurant was well above average. This resort is located front and center of the gorgeous coastline and has jaw dropping views of El Arco and the lands end area. The infinity pools and super sized jacuzzi were excellent. And the outdoor massage area provided our first ever couple's massage with the ocean waves pounding loudly below. It was an outstanding resort with outstanding services and outstanding physical setting. A resounding YES!

Room Tip: Request to be in the 1st building, which has balcony views of El Arco.
1 Thank ivorytickler
misson hills, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my third year in a row going to Sirena del Mar, and can't wait to go back again in a few months. The staff is largely the same as it was when they opened 3 years ago, which makes going back feel like you're visiting family, not just being on vacation. Upon arrival I was greeted by Domingo, who remembered me by name. Not uncommon here I may add. He took my luggage and proceeded to bring me an ice cold corona and a bottle of water, also common practice. Antonio, another great guy, got me all checked in, and before going to my room Mario, the manager, made an appearance, and greeted me with a warm handshake and asking how I'd been. Like I said, just like visiting family. There is now a "new" wing holding another 18 units. I was given one of these for this trip. The rooms are still great, nicely appointed with a full kitchen, washer and dryer with detergent, and still the most comfortable beds and pillows of any resort or hotel I've ever stayed at. One small issue was that there wasn't a frying pan in with all the pots, which made making my omelettes a bit difficult, lol, but best of all this building is closer to the water. Great relaxation while out on the balcony. The next day I saw Gina and Fedra, who are at the concierge desk. After getting 2 hugs from them, they gave me my 2 free drink coupons, discount card good at many places in town, and gave me a couple of suggestions for new things to do since I was solo this trip. I did take in the bartending class they have, which was fun. Needless to say the resort was rather quiet the rest of that afternoon, lol. A tip, make you've eaten stuff to soak up the alchohol beforehand. They also have a mexican fiesta on Friday evenings with all sorts of great food, and also have a mariachi band and dancers perform a show. Quite fun. Overall, once again it was a fantastic trip at an outstanding property. If you are looking for a place to get away from the business of downtown, but not too far away, a place where customer service is of the utmost quality, a place. One place I'll recommend as a day trip, especially if you surf, is rent a car and head to Cerritos Surf Colony. It's about a 35 minute drive up the Pacific side. Great waves, a very good burger at the restaurant, and although I didn't make up to there, there is a small boutique hotel on the point, advertising a whale watching bar open to the public. It's definitely on my to do list for next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cabomiamor
San Clemente
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have rated this vacation our #2 favorite place!! The Welk resort was wonderful. The people are awesome. The rooms were perfect. Our view was unbelievable. We were lucky to get into building 3 which is the newest building and closest to the ocean view. Waves crashing at night made us sleep like a baby. Our view was incredible. I felt like we were in the Almafi Coast in Italy.

Only two things that I can say need improvement: the entrance to the hotel is not manicured and could use some lights along the road. The second improvement would be the food. It was pretty average and few times we have to send the food back. The good thing is we all have our own kitchens and were able to make some nice breakfast. There are plenty of restaurants in and out of town that are great!!!
We will definately go back sooner than later. Sheila S

Room Tip: Ask for building #3