1,604 results
All reviewsprivate beachestrella restaurantfull kitchenwhelkswasher dryerswim up barhome depotrented a carfire pitactivities directortacomexican fiestasmall resortthe penthouseocean viewtime shareon the rocks
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Sirena Del Mar is a beautiful resort. After months of wedding planning I wanted to get away and RELAX. This was the perfect place! The resort is surrounded by the beautiful Sea of Cortez, and the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks was so peaceful and relaxing throughout the day and night. Our villa was very spacious with a jacuzzi, full kitchen, and washer and dryer! The most memorable part of my vacation was the amazing staff at Sirena Del Mar. Hands down the BEST you can ask for! Everyone starting from the moment you walk through the front doors was so friendly and welcomes you with a big smile! Antonio, Domingo, Abraham, and Manny at the front desk were so helpful with our questions. Fedra and Gina at the concierge desk helped us book all of our activities for the week, and even booked our dinner reservations! Angel, Carlos, Ramiro, and Cesar at the resort restaurant had amazing customer service, were well-mannered, and always checked to make sure we were enjoying ourselves! Not to mention the great food - the best Mole I've ever had! The resort offers a wide variety of activities and Manny, the activities director, does an excellent job keeping all the resort guests entertained! We had a fantastic time at the Mexican Fiesta held on Fridays! All in all we did not want to leave Sirena Del Mar and cannot wait to book another vacation to see all the wonderful staff!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I didn't want to leave. This resort is AWESOME. I used to stop in CABO during cruises, but staying there for several days is INCREDIBLE. Sirena Del Mar is BEAUTIFUL, truly a great vacation/time share investment! The staff are the BEST! Mario, Antonio, Abraham, and Domingo are GREAT! And the concierge staff, Gina and Fedra are WONDERFUL! And my salesman John Tremblay is my HERO. One year after the sale and he continues to have an interest and involvement in my experience at Sirena Del Mar. WELK has employed the perfect staff. Thank you for an incredible vacation home-away-from-home!

Room Tip: All of their rooms have excellent views!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
21  Thank Robert T
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Just came back from my second week long stay at Sirena del Mar. It was a year later but the things I wrote in last years review still are true.
First off, the entire staff remembered us, which was great. Upon check in, we were told that we would be staying in the 2 bdrm unit we'd booked, however, we were also told that we would be getting upgraded to a penthouse suite the following day for the remainder of our stay, at no charge. Worked for us.
I have to say the staff goes above and beyond in helping you. Mario, the manager, Antonio, Abraham, Gina, Fedra, Manny, Ramiro, and anyone else I missed,they are the absolute best. And if you are interested in the timeshare aspect, go see John Tremblay. Great guy, professional, not pushy.
The penthouse suite is great. 4 flatscreens, Bose wave stereo system, xlnt kitchen. The best thing about it though was the bed. I didn't ask what kind of mattresses they use, but my back did not bother me all week, and the pillows, the best I've ever slept on. Perfect for 4 people, and could do 6 comfortably with the couch in the tv room.
The only issues with it are that there is no hammock on the balcony, and there is no door to access the bathroom from the second bedroom. You have to walk out and around through the hallway to get into it. Also, if you are short, or a little on the non-limber side, getting into the shower in the second bathroom could be a tad dicey because the sides of the tub are rather tall. I'm 5'9" and was having some issue getting in and out the couple of times I used it. However, 2 of these issues have already been addressed in the 4 new suites opening in Dec. The hammock, and the door to the bathroom from the bedroom.
I read some other reviews and saw the comments about how far from town it is, the lack of shuttle service, taxi costs, etc. Valid points yes, but things you can't overcome.
Regarding the taxis, that is about the only thing in Cabo that could be considered mafioso, seriously. The truth here is that the resort just isn't big enough and the taxi union won't let them have a shuttle service. The beachclub thing I wrote about last year didn't pan out so now no shuttle. The cab prices are $15 to downtown Cabo for 4 people, not exactly outrageous. So $7.50 for a roundtrip into town. It's $17 to go to the marina. Save the $2 and just walk from downtown. It may be like a half mile. We rented a car this trip and spent $60 each for the week. This allowed us to go to town countless times, and also drive over to San Jose a couple of times. There were 5 of us.
Also, the distance from town allows the resort to retain its ambiance and quietness. We were there for Sammy Hagar's birthday bash this past week and though it was fun to be in town, it was even better knowing we were coming back to a beautiful, laid back, quiet resort.
We hit WalMart the first day, loaded up on everything we needed, and if we needed something else, we just combined it with one of our trips into town. No worries there.
The food at the restaurant is great imho. Xlnt breakfasts and lunches. Yes, the hours are limited, but you can also overcome that by ordering up a meal that you can cook yourself. There is an outdoor grill that overlooks the ocean, with seating for about 12 or so, and has a bigscreen above the grill so you can watch a game, favorite show all while enjoying amazing scenery. You can choose from steak, chicken, seafood, all preseasoned by the chef. You pick up your meal between 4 and 5 from the kitchen, and then put it in your fridge. You then can go grill it at your leisure as long as no one else has booked the grill.
I'm already making plans to return next year, whether it be for Sammy again, or the Bisbee fishing tournament which is the following week.
If you're a discerning traveler who wants a very relaxing experience at a gorgeous property, set on a cliff overlooking the ocean, is looking for a truly outstanding staff, and wants a true hidden gem of a resort minutes away from the party that is Cabo, this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
9  Thank Cabomiamor
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the resort for 5 nights in July. We arrived on a Wednesday and stayed to the following Monday. The staff were very friendly....we didn't partake in any of the pool games or "bartending" classes....just hung out at the most beautiful pool with a 10+ for a view. The resort sits right up on a cliff. The rooms are VERY big and have everything you need....we went to Walmart and bought breakfast food and lot's of beer and wine (saved a lot of $). We rented a car (necessary) and went into Cabo (7 minutes away) every night for dinner. Loved Maro's Shrimp house...and enjoyed a couple Bulldogs....had a blast on the beach at The Office.....didn't like The Crazy Lobster Bar & Grill. For fun we went Zip lining, climbing and rapelling with Outdoor Adventure...this was a 10....we had great fun and the group leaders were fantastic. We also did a sunset sail with Day Sail Cabo....somehow we were the only 2 on board (along with Captain Bob and helper)...the views were spectacular, the cruise was 3+ hours long, and a great way to spend the night with my finance. I didn't quite like Captain Bob's personality as much as others...but we went on the front of the sailboat and put down cushions and relaxed without Captain Bob's chattering.
OH...I forgot to mention...at night time, leave your windows open....the ocean crashes on the rocks right below the rooms....it is beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rich30306
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I just returned from a fabulous stay at Sirena del Mar in Cabo and it was spectacular from beginning to end! The food was impeccable, the ambiance was beautiful, and our room was gorgeous with breathtaking views. We had flawless service from the staff who truly offered an excellent experience in all aspects, including resort dining and drink service at the pool’s swim up bar. Special thanks go to staff members Cesar, Carlos, Ramiro and Angel who were perfect and attentive our entire stay, as well as to Alejandro Neri, the resort's General Manager, who made us feel like royalty from the moment we walked in. I highly recommend this property to anyone looking to enjoy a stellar vacation in Cabo at a beautiful resort offering five-star service all the way! Our overall experience was unforgettable!! Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front and offer an excellent view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple