“A gorgeous restaurant full of great local flavors, unique view and great atmosphere”

Puerta Vieja Restaurant
Ranked #120 of 578 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This gorgeous restaurant and bar treats you as special and unique with fresh colorful plates with local ingredients in a concept full of a variety of excellent flavors to taste, the view is imaginable, unique at night. I always feel comfortable but it also has a touch of elegance decoration. I had been several occasions in Puerta Vieja Restaurant enjoying with friends a nice dinner experience with soft music and also a super Cuban atmosphere full of authentic Cuban music, dancing and listening to the magnificence talent voice of Rosalia de Cuba in one of the most beautiful destinations to visit “Cabo San Lucas” in Mexico BCS. If you visit Cabo you must go to Puerta Vieja to have a great dinner experience.

• Visited November 2013
rst4954, Guest Relations Manager at Puerta Vieja Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such a wonderful and sincere review, we are truly honored to hear that you had an amazing time at the restaurant. We look forward to pampering you in your next visit and we will do our best to make it even more memorable!

San Diego, California
“Breathtaking view, impeccable service and delicious food”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Fantastic experience--professional wait staff, amazing flavor combinations, impeccable service and impressive view! We visit Cabo once a year and always dine at this restaurant! I highly recommend La Puerta Vieja and consider it a "must visit" for anyone vacationing in Cabo!

• Visited December 2013
PuertaVieja-LosCabos, Guest Relations Manager at Puerta Vieja Restaurant, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“nice place”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

An excellent place to have a special dinner, My family and i went for a birthday the staff is so kind and fast. If you are looking for good food, fast service and hear some good latino music,i Defenetely recomend this restaurant. i will return soon!

• Visited December 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the sunset,music and a good service with your family at Puerta Vieja.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not safe for children”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I am a Cabo local, and have been to the restaurant on a number of occasions. The food was acceptable and the setting pleasantly authentic. On most occasions I have been with larger groups for events, birthday parties, company parties, Christmas, New years etc. Unfortunately for myself and family, we opted to spend Christmas dinner 2013 there. Upon arrival we were seated inside in front of the house pianist where we couldn't even carry on a conversation. Our reservation was for a table of eight outside in the open air. We were told to wait for 15 minutes until our table would be ready. I and my father opted to take my three small children to the so-called play area to entertain them until our table was ready. All three entered the trampolin with my father and I situated at the entrance point to safeguard them from harm. Within less than a minute one of my twin four year old boys luanched through one of the side panels made of safety mesh which carelessly had not been tied off in any way. He fell completely flat on his face and stomach and began to scream a cry. I swooped him up and checked for damages. His eyes were half mast and he had a severe hit and abrasion to the area of his left temple. I immediately took him to the closest medical facility, which thank god was just next door at blue medical net. My greatest concern being a concussion or other serious head injury, the staff found that he was apparently intact, but that we should keep a close eye on him for vomiting or convulsions. Meanwhile, the rest of my family was back at the restaurant explaining to the staff what had transpired, only to have them say nothing more than tha,t finally, our table was ready. Since my son seemed to be okay, and not wanting to ruin our evening on Christmas day by skipping dinner, we returned to the restaurant. When we arrived our family was ordering dinner, which the wait staff was apparently having trouble getting right, and receiving their first drinks. When the food arrived, an order had still been forgotten, but we chose to let it go. The food itself was insipid. My Thai Chicken salad was anything but. The chicken was straight from the Costco freezer section no doubt. Several who ordered the chile rellenos said they lacked flavor entirely, as compared to those of the restaurant Los Tres Gallos in downtown Cabo, which were exceptional. To top it off my stepmother ordered an Argentinian Chardonnay, and both times she asked for a refill the wait staff tried to pawn a cheap California Chardonnay off on her in its place. One time could be wait staff ineptitude. Two times sounds like house policy to fleece the unsuspecting client. All of this aside, when the bill came there was one extra glass of wine charged, which they eventually corrected. While my family waited to sign for the bill, I searched for the manager or owner to express my concern about what had happened to my four year old son. I was directed to a man behind the bar, who I seriously doubt was the owner, who after I detailed what had happened showed zero empathy and offered not even an apology. I, not being one to simply complain, and not expecting anything in return, found the lack of concern of the staff and the supposed management to offensive. I, unfortunately, in the past have even referred clients to this restaurant. Considering my experience, not only would I not suggest dining there based on the mediocre culinary and service experience, but more importantly considering the lack of professionalism on the part of management would vehemently suggest avoiding this establishment. The lack of foresight, safety, concern, and even guile suggest a business only concerned with the bottom line and not the best experience for the diner. Thumbs down.

1 Thank Ryan W
PuertaVieja-LosCabos, Guest Relations Manager at Puerta Vieja Restaurant, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We apologize for any inconvenience about your experience with us, your opinions are very important, that´s why we have another option for you: "Villa Serena Restaurant"

Located in the freeway to San Jose del Cabo in the KM 7.5. Since 1990 this lovely palapa offers sweeping view to the Sea of Cortés, a tropical atmosphere with pool to enjoy the sun and the most exquisite Baja California dishes that makes our place the nook of Mexican specialties and seafood in Los Cabos.
The restaurant have a very safe children's play area and live music with the (Trovador Jaime Martinez) o piano music instrumentals.

Perfect for couples and families as well as for special events

Call for reservations. Telephone +52(624)145-8244.
Marana, Arizona
“Great entertainment, good food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have been here on previous visits to Cabo San Lucas and always come back. The food is reasonable in price and good but the best part of this experience is Rosalia de Cuba!! What a fabulous singer, entertainer and warm person she is! She makes you feel like you are part of her family and gets everyone involved in the fun- dancing, singing, etc. New to us this year was on weekend nights she has a Cuban combo there which is truly a treat to listen to!!! What fun!
All the staff here are so nice and very accommodating!! For a fun night and good seafood- visit Puerta Vieja!!

Visited December 2013
rst4954, Public Relations Manager at Puerta Vieja Restaurant, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing Puerta Vieja Restaurant bar in Cabo San Lucas.
We make everyday a special occasion. Thank you for taking the rime to write a review. We appreciated. We try our best every day to be the bes restaurant in Cabo.! See you back soon! It would be a pleasure to have you back with us on your next trip
Marketing Puerta Vieja