“Not exciting to me...”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not exciting to me...”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went here with about 50 international customers that we invited to Los Cabos for a product seminar. There were Muslims, Jews, Buddists, Vegetarians in the group. Everyone seemed to find something they liked to eat. We ate here our last night together. We had a fixed menu to order from. The appetizers were: crab cakes with blackberry sauce, lobster bisque soup, mixed vegetable salad. I had the salad and it was fresh but the vinegarette wasn't very interesting. Kind of bland to me. My coworker really liked the crab cakes.

The main dish was a choice of fettucini with shrimp, grilled ribeye and chicken breast parmesan. Our Jewish customers had grilled salmon. I didn't eat a main dish because after eating non stop for a week, I was just stuffed. The portions were sufficient - nothing seemed really interesting to me for the prices we were charged.

The desert was a choice of icecream or this mint chocolate thing. I didn't like it - it was just too sweet.

Perhaps if I could have chosen my own food from the menu instead of the fixed one for our company, I would have been happier. I personally wouldn't have chosen any of those main dishes.

I think the big reason that I am giving this an average was the service. The servers where very narrow in their focus - just don't ask them to bring or do anything extra - they just ignored it. I even asked them in Spanish so its not that they didn't understand me. I had to wait until they served drinks again to get any water. My coworker wanted more wine and didn't get it until someone decided it was time to offer everyone more wine. The servers don't treat you like you are in an expensive, upscale restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

North Port, Florida
“Great service- Average food”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent. All of the staff were pleasant and attentive. The food, however, was average at best and very expensive. For these reasons I would not recommend.

Visited April 2013
Ardmore, Alabama
“Good, although a bit expensive”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit. It was quite breezy and chilly. Once the staff gave us blankets and turn on the heaters, it became more enjoyable. The menu provided ample choices. The wine list had some good wines from Mexico that allowed us to try something we haven't had before. Our food was quite good and prepared quite well. However, as the subject states, it is quite expensive compared to some other restaurants.

• Visited April 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“We were dissappointed..”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant with a group of approx 50 people. We had a menu with choise of fish or meat. A good advice: do not choose the meat in this restaurant! Our guests thought they would have a nice Angus steak but instead they received a thin piece of meat which was not at all well cooked and tender. Some did choose the fish and they got a nice piece of fillet in a garlic sauce that was a good match for the fish.
The restaurant has a nice setting and atmosphere at the marina. The staff was friendly enough, and serving the food was done reasonably fast taking the group size in to account.

• Visited April 2013
Niles, Michigan
“Amazing food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was really looking to eating here our last night. I purchased vouchers (which is truly the way to go) prior to coming to Cabo. The restaurant is beautiful, and we sat outside on the terrace overlooking the main street and marina, which was really nice. They have outdoor heaters for when it gets cold as well as coverups for the ladies, which are really nice touches. The food was absolutely incredible, and the service was too, until about halfway through our experience. We asked for another bottle of wine, which we never got, and when we got the bill, our waters costed as much as our bottle of wine! I was shocked! Don't be fooled by the water. Ask them for tap (trust me, it's fine) and don't let them bring you bottle after bottle of Voss. That's how they rack up your bill.

Visited April 2013