“excellant service, food not so great”

Lorenzillo's Restaurant Cabo San Lucas
Ranked #21 of 572 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Minneapolis
“excellant service, food not so great”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

this is our second time to this location - the service can't be beat, it was exceptional. The prices are very very high and the food was ok. We ordered Oysters and they were very fishy tasting - we eat oysters often so we know this isn't normal. The Crab was ok - not great. The tuna was nothing to write home about, I ordered this the first time here and was very impressed with the tuna then, this trip not so much. We also had lobster and had it earlier in the week at Ole-Ole and it was MUCH better and only $20 to the $100 we paid here.

Visited October 2012

Cancun, mexico
“Very Expensive nothing spectacular”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice restaurant ambiance, major prices so you think you are going to be surprised with extraordinary food, I have the tuna appetizer...nothing spectacular, no flavor, and then I had the Tamarindo & Chipotle shrimps and you could tell they boiled the shrimps with no salt and then they added the sauce so they were watery and poorly integrated to the sauce. The side dish was good a very small portion of spinach with cream next to a huge portion of no flavored spaguetti.
between 4 of us the bill was 500 dollars no wine. There are much better places in down town if you are looking for good food this is not the place, if you are looking for nice view, nice restaurant live lobster and you do not have a budget problem this might be a place for your dress up evening in Cabo dinner.

• Visited October 2012
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Overpriced seafood”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled onto this restaurant not knowing any better. I wish we could've seen the other reviews here before going. The service was great but for what you pay, the food and portions are ridiculous. We had two kids meals, 1 drink each between my husband and I and two shrimp entrees, nothing else and our bill was over $100. Went to hacienda Cocina y cantina and we each had an app, 2 drinks each, great entrees (one fish and one chicken) and 2 kids meals and the bill was a little bit cheaper. Trip advisors reviews are right on with where and where not to go to in cabo and this is a not to go place!

Seattle, Wa.
“Fun place, good food”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I went their last night and it was a fun place . The waiters were fun to interact with and had a good sense of humor. Big selection of Seafoods dishes and especially lobster. I had the Sea Bass stuffed with Lobster, Shrimp and Mushrooms. Topped off with Bernaise sauce, it was good. My wife had sauted shrimp and she liked hers as well. We started off with a Caesar Salad that was made table side and it was good as well. They have both out side seating and inside with A/C. We did the inside with A/C and it was perfect, not too cold. We will go again for sure....

• Visited September 2012
san diego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TOURIST TRAP..A horrible lunch for 2 for $135 US”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Okay quick review since I don't think Lorenzillo's deserves a lengthy one. Service was excellent minus the fact that the servers stand right on top of you and watch you intently so you feel a bit uncomfortable talking about the food with your guests. The food...WOW it really sucked and for the exorbitant pricing I expected at least edible food. The presentation was sub par on the level of Applebees and the food was flavorless if not foul tasting. I got the breaded Seabass which was over fried and the breading was so thick and oily I felt like I was chewing threw chain mail armor. My wife also started with the fried soft shell crab and was subjected to an over fried over breaded crab on a bed of fried and inedible noodles (garnishes should be edible). Almost forgot to mention my joke of a starter which was undercooked "sea" scallops, more like bay scallops or U40's on a tortilla chip with bagged guacamole on a bed of shaved cabbage and a few kernels of corn. My wife had the lobster tacos which probably had about 2oz of lobster meat in them...I could have gotten better one's at Rubio's. Put all this together with a $9 bottle of water( which they don't tell you about when asking flat or sparkling water when you sit down and of course they bring you Voss without offering you their house bottled water) and $14 glasses of crappy sauvignon blanc and you have the makings of a horrible lunch.

I would tell you that the lobster they have there is a safe choice since it is hard to mess up lobster, but for $590 pesos or $45US a Kilo for local lobster (no claws) you can find MUCH better deals two blocks in from the marina. A word of advice for Lorenzillo's if you care, spend less money and attention on advertising and more on your food.

**This review was written by a 20 year Hospitality Industry professional who knows what he is talking about**

Visited September 2012