“Cool Eclectic Native Original Art”
Review of Arte de Origen

Arte de Origen
Ranked #40 of 109 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: Arte de Origen is a company that produces and designs unique objects inspired on images from different Mexican and Latin- American cultures.We embody such images in; carpets, boxes, furniture, mirrors and sculptures, made integrally by hand. We mainly use, paper, fabrics, metal, paints, patinas and lacquer, thus insuring unique objects, finished with wax and pigments.We use the collagetechnique to perform our objects. This are: small pieces of paper cut by hand to create the layout of each object and leave the imprint of the hand made. In this sense, every object is unique and has been made based on this principal.In some pieces the technique is developed on objects with wooden base and in the case of the tapestries they are made on basis of Kraft paper. Painting is not used, but rather is work with the original colors of the paper. In all cases the objects are finished with the patinas wax technique.Enjoy the world of Arte de Origen.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The shop offered magical art objects connected to indiginous people and place evoking native naive and natural elements. Veronica was not only incredibly informative but pleasant and welcoming. I recommend highly the shop and its unique art.

There are newer reviews for Arte de Origen

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went into Arte de Origen while in Cabo on vacation, we really enjoy finding unique pieces of art while away. Veronica assisted us, and we found a really unique glass fish, that we purchased, Veronica was very warm and friendly and left us to look and enjoy the various pieces of art in the shop. I cannot say enough about how unique these pieces are, and how friendly Veronica was. We will definately be back when we are in Cabo next. You should definately make it a destination, if you enjoy art.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We happened upon this art shop in the mall in Cabo San Lucas during our recent visit. We loved the art immediately. There are no two pieces the same because each one is designed and handmade by one of eight artists. I bought a beautiful mirror, white with a floral border. Absolutely gorgeous! If you are traveling to Cabo and are interested in unique things, please be sure to visit this shop.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation in Cabo and were in search of taking back Mexican art to decorate our home in CA. We had been looking all over Cabo for unique art from Mexico. As we walked thru the Puerto Paraiso Mall we came across Art de Origen. We also went to their second store in down town Cabo. We could not believe our eyes--this was exactly the type of art we had been looking for--reasonably priced, high quality, unique, bright colors and one of a kind pieces. We ended up purchasing 3 pictures, a darling mirror and a rod iron piece with a Pampa family. We selected custom color frames which they framed for us. Pablo and Ricardo went out of their way to package each piece perfectly. Every day Pablo tracked the items and emailed us letting us know exactly where the pieces were at. The pieces all made it thru customs and we received them from Fedex like clock work. We were so excited to receive them and find them in perfect condition. The pieces are perfect for our Mexican style home in CA. We highly recommend this gallery for their customer service and beautiful, high quality of art. We will be purchasing more online very soon! We love you Pablo and Ricardo! We are excited that they may possibly be opening a gallery in La Jolla, CA within the next year.
Happy Shopping to all! Marcy and Jerry R.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a day visit to Cabo San Lucas (we were staying over in San Jose del Cabo) we came across Arte de Origen. Six artists had work on display in the shop. Our friends were interested in purchasing a piece, but decided not to buy it. (The Pesos vs Dollar pricing might have thrown them off.)

After we had left the shop, I made an excuse and went back inside and had a quick conversation with the shop's resident Art Coordinator, Rodrigo Rubin. I told him that I wanted to buy the piece of art that my friends were interested in and have it ship to them as a surprise. I didn't have time to leave any information (I didn't want my friends to get suspicious and catch on to what I was doing!), but I took Rodrigo's card, and he agreed that it would be done.

After I returned home from my vacation, I contacted Rodrigo via email, and he did, in fact, take care of everything. He sent the necessary forms to purchase the item, and he provided daily shipping updates. When the item arrived it was a huge surprise for my friends, and a wonderful way to say 'thank you' to them for being our hosts while in Cabo. I couldn't have done it without Rodrigo's help.

If you're looking to bring something home from your vacation that's NOT made in China, may I highly recommend you check out Arte de Origen and support the artists there!