“An unexpected gem of a find!”
Review of Arte de Origen

Arte de Origen
Ranked #38 of 109 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: Arte de Origen is a company that produces and designs unique objects inspired on images from different Mexican and Latin- American cultures.We embody such images in; carpets, boxes, furniture, mirrors and sculptures, made integrally by hand. We mainly use, paper, fabrics, metal, paints, patinas and lacquer, thus insuring unique objects, finished with wax and pigments.We use the collagetechnique to perform our objects. This are: small pieces of paper cut by hand to create the layout of each object and leave the imprint of the hand made. In this sense, every object is unique and has been made based on this principal.In some pieces the technique is developed on objects with wooden base and in the case of the tapestries they are made on basis of Kraft paper. Painting is not used, but rather is work with the original colors of the paper. In all cases the objects are finished with the patinas wax technique.Enjoy the world of Arte de Origen.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place has the most exquisite pieces ever! Hand-crafted, very unique style, locally made. I didn't know what to get - everything was so eye catching! Mirrors, tapestries, etc. Abdiel was very helpful in explaining about the art, the artists, the history, the cultural influence. You could tell he was being genuine and not just trying to make a sale. There is a shop downtown and one at the mall. They make it really easy for you by shipping to your home if you'd rather not bring the item with you by plane/boat/car. I'm already looking forward to stopping there on my next visit!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stumbled upon this gallery while picking up some gifts in downtown Cabo. What makes Arte de Origen stand out is that they offer something beautiful, local, and different---a big change from the stores after stores of pottery and cheap tchotchkes.

We went home with 2 different pieces of art, both hand made by local artists. Additionally, while we took our time to choose from the many wonderful pieces Hugo was a huge help, guiding us to our decision without being pushy.

We received shipment extremely quickly--in time for Christmas, even though we had just shopped there about 10 days earlier. As expected the gifts were loved.

Thanks!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I can't explain how happy I am to have stumbled into this fantastic shop on my last trip to Cabo. I was looking for a piece of art to commemorate my affection for Cabo and this place was perfect. The art is all original, high quality, and it really conveys the fun and beautiful feeling of the town.

I worked with Pablo and settled on a unique brightly colored mirror for my home. Pablo offered to ship the piece as it was too big for travel. When it arrived, unfortunately, it had broken during shipment, despite the fine packing job. Pablo immediately sent me photos of all of the other mirrors in stock and shipped me another one right away. While it's not the one I originally purchased, it's great nonetheless. We had a party last week and received several compliments on the artwork. Thanks Pablo.

Luke

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We became the accidental art collectors... driving down the street we saw a gorgeous plate in the window. Yelling STOP to my husband... back-up... we parked right in front of the gallery. What a find. You know how a place can just make you happy. Well, this is it. The art is terrific. Stupendous. Joyful. All five of us found favorites (even my 12-year-old niece)... Carlo (who is kind, sweet and fabulous) helped my sister and her husband decide on their piece of art. Native art like I have never ever seen... Classy, detailed, lovely. With a modern edge. The collage pieces are beyond belief... what I mean is that you can't believe it isn't painted. It's a gallery that you will love. Promise.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Love this gallery!! They represent various artists in Mexico and the pieces they carry are beautiful, creative, fun, colorful, interesting & varied. We just purchased a collage paper piece of a charming street of colorful buildings. We chose the frame color which was custom made. Our dealings with Pablo at the gallery in the Puerto Paraiso mall in downtown Cabo was a pleasure from start to finish. He stayed in touch, from sending us a photo showing us the finished piece ready to be packed & shipped, to staying on top of tracking it's progress after leaving the gallery until arriving at our home. Don't miss this great gallery!

1  Thank Sue W