“Don't go to Cabo without stopping here”
Review of Arte de Origen

Arte de Origen
Ranked #42 of 109 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: Arte de Origen is a company that produces and designs unique objects inspired on images from different Mexican and Latin- American cultures.We embody such images in; carpets, boxes, furniture, mirrors and sculptures, made integrally by hand. We mainly use, paper, fabrics, metal, paints, patinas and lacquer, thus insuring unique objects, finished with wax and pigments.We use the collagetechnique to perform our objects. This are: small pieces of paper cut by hand to create the layout of each object and leave the imprint of the hand made. In this sense, every object is unique and has been made based on this principal.In some pieces the technique is developed on objects with wooden base and in the case of the tapestries they are made on basis of Kraft paper. Painting is not used, but rather is work with the original colors of the paper. In all cases the objects are finished with the patinas wax technique.Enjoy the world of Arte de Origen.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't go to Cabo without stopping here”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great unique art, indigenous to the area. There were so many items I fell in love with. I settled on a hand carved sculpture made out of wood and a beautiful multi-layered paper art work that was framed perfectly to set it off. The shipping was free which was a bonus. The proprietor was kind and helpful. I felt the prices were correct for what I was getting. Please go here. You will love the array of beautiful unique art pieces. I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank bjracee

Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love this place”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm so happy I didn't walk pass this gallery; I purchased a wonderful piece of wall art, which I'm thrilled with. A great permanent souvenier of my visit to this lovely area. The staff was great; I couldn't be happier. Don't miss this unique art gallery.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank colleencarrm
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been a customer of Arte de Origen on numerous occassions. I always stop by to see my friends at ADO when in Cabo. They have wonderful items and works of art, but even more compelling is their friendly service and attention to detail. When they ship an item back to you in the US, they monitor the delivery closely for you and follow up to make sure it arrived in proper shape. We are big fans of this store and its owners and employees!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We bought a rooster fish!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We love this art gallery/store in Cabo. We visit it every single time we are in Cabo. They carry new artists often and have just such beautiful and creative things. We absolutely fell in love with the glass fish art that they had and bought one for ourselves. It arrived at home just a few days after we did. The packing was incredible and the fish arrived without any damage. The staff there are always so nice, professional and extremely helpful. I received an email from Arte once the package shipped, along with a picture of my husband and me in front of the piece of art with selected, and UPS tracking information.

Edison, New Jersey
“Beautiful Art Work”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a wonderful experience visiting this store on our recent trip to Cabo. All the art work is gorgeous! Wish I could have purchased more. Hugo was knowledgeable and so helpful every step of the way up - all the way until the delivery of my beautiful mirror. I am so glad we stumbled onto this store during our walk in town. Definitely worth stopping by to have a look at these one of a kind pieces!