Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Reviewed April 17, 2018
Trevetteb
Chicago, Illinois
A lot of fun

We signed up for this place and had a blast today. I have no idea why so many people were so... read more

Reviewed March 9, 2017
braunsjo
Chicago, Illinois

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2018

This was a good day -- the location is about 25 minutes from Marina, but they picked us up at our hotel. The overall experience was very good and the final beach we seen was amazing. Lastly the driver was great and actually had a cooler of cold drinks for our ride home!

Reviewed March 9, 2017

We signed up for this place and had a blast today.

I have no idea why so many people were so negative with reviews. Yes it's in the middle of no where..that's the whole point. You want to go dune buggy riding you can't do it through downtown.

The equipment was not exactly new, but I felt very safe and it was a blast.

The guide was beyond nice and was very informative.

If you want to get down and dirty and have fun this is the place.

One suggestion wear pants and be prepared to get dirty.

4  Thank braunsjo
Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

Definitely not recommended as the staff is terrible and its is located in middle of nowhere in a very risky area! Rude and untrained staff demanding money for even clicking your pictures.

4  Thank Pravesh S
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

I'm not a big drinker or partier, so to say there wasn't much fun for me in Cabo was an understatement. That's was, until I discovered Baja Buggys. Amazing time! Their equipment was first rate, and their guides were fantastic. It didn't feel like we were tourists... we felt like we were just cruising around on our dune buggies with friends, and having a blast! I would definitely recommend going to see these guys next time you're in Cabo—it was the highlight of our trip!

2  Thank rawint
Reviewed May 4, 2016

I have tried in the last two months to cancel my reservation with Baja Buggys. My trip to Cabo has been postponed. None of the phone numbers listed on the website work and are disconnected. Email messages sent to them are returned unopened as their mailbox is full. The one email confirming the reservation said someone would be contacting us and that has not happened. Beware of booking with this company. I am so discouraged.

5  Thank Cynthia Lucille S
Reviewed June 1, 2015

We booked Baja Buggies through Cabo San Lucas Tours 2 weeks prior to our trip for Monday May 25th. We received confirmation that our ride would pick us up at 11am that morning after chatting with the HotelBeds guy in regards to other matters. He recommended confirming and also warned us that Baja Buggys had really old machines.

On Monday, we arrived in our lobby around 1030 and waited until 1145 before we assumed they weren't coming for us. I called Cabo San Lucas Tours, as that was the only contact number I had been given. They spoke with Baja Buggys who said they had a server error, apologized profusely, rebooked us for Tuesday, refunded 10% of what we paid and promised to waive our ranch fees and insurance costs. We were pretty happy with that response!

Tuesday, they showed up early. It was just the 4 of us on our tour with Mauricio. They were so friendly, and we had no problems with them following through on their promise. It seemed obvious that they're just a business operating off their own land, with their own equipment, not some big name American company. I was glad to see our money going directly into the Mexican economy and supporting the wonderful people who ran out tour.

My husband was very disappointed with the buggy. It was really old, the steering was messed up, and the belt was slipping and squealing the entire time. It kind of feels like a matter of time until they go out of business. Which is too bad, with some better machines, the tour would have been perfect.

Throughout the ride, we were a bit disappointed that they didn't let us drive like the crazy adrenaline junkies that we wanted to be (following them in a line). We are avid 4x4ers so we were hungry for a bit more. They stopped us to show us some cool things: a dead rattle snake, iguana, road runners. We took a break at a fig tree and he told us about it's history. Our second break at the ocean was nice. They showed us some caves and a blowhole. They took photos for us. They were silly and fun and extremely nice. I was happy to support hard working, honest people.

There was also a part in the trip where we had a big open space to do whatever we wanted with the buggies, so we were able to go a little nuts, which we totally appreciated. We were fortunate that none of our equipment really malfunctioned, but it could have been a 5 star experience if the equipment was better.

4  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed April 14, 2015

We had an absolute blast with Baja Buggys. The staff were very helpful and made us feel safe at all times. They provided bandanas to cover our face from the sand, helmets and goggles. At our two stops (which gave us an opportunity to switch drivers) and at the end of the ride, they provided iced water for everyone.

The views were great and our guide pointed out wildlife and plants to us, when possible. The ride gave us opportunities to really have fun with the buggies, it wasn't just us following in a single file line at a slow speed.

Some of the buggys had the belt slip when in the deeper sand, but we had no problems overall.

We would definitely do it again!

Reviewed April 5, 2015

The equipment they are using is very old, broken down and for a lack of a better metaphor, "held together with duct tape and bailing wire". Very unsafe and expensive. They upsell you on insurance (incase you crash and damage the vehicle) at $35 per person which is a joke as each vehicle isn't worth $35! The equipment is so bad (steering mechanism, starter, axles, motor are constantly breaking down. My son's vehicle 2 different times turned on its own to the left almost into the boulders. The steering mechanism was shot. I finally made the guide trade him out for his safety. They also charge you $10 per person to enter the beach area. Another scam, you are not even allowed to drive in the beach area because of the turtles have buried their eggs there.

Only redeeming quality was that Mauricio, our guide was awesome.

Definitely taking your life in your own hands with this activity. Would recommend the Polaris Artic Cats over this any day.

3  Thank smokeandmirrors11
Reviewed March 24, 2015

we had 7 buggies and out of 7 -- 5 broke down and then on top of that we lost a guy in our group out in the desert so we all waited around till they went to find him ,we spent more time fixing things than driving and on top of it all some guys had to double up after paying for single ,I have a condo in Cabo and it was not a company that I would recommend to anyone, very disappointed and bad for people that are honest business people and try to make Cabo a fun experience-------Don't go

3  Thank William R
Reviewed February 14, 2015

All the buggies are poorly built, broke down all the time, leaked oil very badly. They lost one of my friends in the baja. I stalled and got stranded but eventually got myself going but shorting out the starter with my oil dip stick. My brothers steering shaft broke which caused him to crash. Two of my friends buggies had broken steering linkages and caused them to crash! DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

4  Thank Scott R