“Awesome Kayaking and snorkeling tour!”
Review of Cabo Outfitters

Cabo Outfitters
Ranked #21 of 219 Tours in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: Eco-tour company, offering guided adventures that help the traveler explore the natural beauty of Los Cabos & the surrounding area. Activities include kayaking, snorkeling, surfing, hiking, rappelling, off-road adventures & turtle release. Rancho El Parralito, Todos Santos, Sierra Laguna Bioreserve & La Paz.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Kayaking and snorkeling tour!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend took the 3 Bays kayaking and snorkeling tour last Tuesday 12/10/13. It was just us as it seems like it was the offseason while we were in San Jose del Cabo. Our guide said the last 2 weeks in December is when it starts to pick up and goes through to February.

We basically had a private kayaking tour with our guide, and it was AMAZING. He was so awesome and knowledgable about the Cabo peninsula as well as the wave trends, the whales, the reason for such good visibility while we were snorkeling, etc.

We snorkeled in Sta. Maria and the visibility was about 25ft. It was a great time and we were able to see so many fish! I think it depends the time of day and the weather that day if the visibility for snorkeling is good, but he knew where the snorkeling would be good at what time of day, which bay we should start at depending on the wind and the waves, etc. he was very experienced. I think it was also a little rough waters that we went in, as he said we were the only company that went kayaking that day...and normally the waters are more calm, but it was still a great experience! I think the tours are also catered to the group, so if some are a little more inexperienced than others or not as physically able, they'll be able to tell and suite the journey for the group.

West Hollywood, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kayaking + Snorkelling”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had a great time!! Took my wife (pregnant) and my father-in-law. Casey was an awesome hands-off guide (although hands-on when needed, ex: the safety tips in the beginning as well as the general direction guidance).

We had a wonderful time and we were able to have a great time snorkeling. Casey even dropped us off at a different location when we requested.

And re: customer service, we had a couple last minute changes that they easily and effortlessly accommodated. We greatly appreciated this! (Trust me, our requests were a bit inconveniencing).

Had an AWESOME time!!

1 Thank davideynon
California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Turtle Release”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The funnest part of our trip was the turtle release. I honestly thought that we would just be releasing 1-2 turtles and really no hands on with the turtles, but I was wrong. It is very hands on, you dig them out, count them, take them to the shore and release! It was so fun and informative My husband and I, just the two of us dug up 102 turtles and released them and I wish I could do it again.

2 Thank CGP4
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sierra Lagunas Waterfall Hike”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our hike with Cabo Outfitters (on my 26th birthday!) was likely my favorite part of our whole Cabo trip. A non-traditional "attraction" for the Cabo destination...but as hikers we needed some "action" tossed in with our relaxing.

It's a little drive outside of Los Cabos...but our tour guide Ismael (sorry I might have butchered that spelling :X) picked us up exactly on time. The drive took us through Santiago and we stopped outside of the church to take pictures in town. We also stopped along to way to find some Pitaya fruit from the cactuses - I would have never know a blood red tasty fruit was in there!

The hike itself isn't very challenging a 2-3 on a scale of 1-5 if I had to rate it. We took the "long" route which bypassed the waterfall at first climbing over boulders and walking through the mountains. I'd say maybe 3-4 miles in total? We stopped a couple times for snacks (and also when I toppled over backwards into a prickly bush...hilarious). Ismael pointed out all of the different plants and animals in the area which was very helpful and cool to learn (I now know how to identify 3 different types of cactus and all of the lizards!)

There were two stops where we jumped in the water. The sun was hot but the water felt SO good! The final stop at the waterfall was awesome. Jumping into the water from the boulders and swimming into the waterfall. Tons of beautiful pictures to take home. Loved it. Just what I wanted to do on my birthday.

On the way home we stopped at a taqueria in San Jose for delicious seafood tacos and drinks and laughs.

If I could rate Ismael, I'd give him twice as many stars. He's a big reason why the day was so great...he's incredibly nice, friendly, talkative, knowledgable, funny, and well traveled. He had so many wonderful travel stories from around the world! Honestly, he's someone I would call up to hang with if I lived in Cabo. He's awesome - Cabo Outfitters definitely give this guy props!

Thanks guys! Would definitely do that again, and recommend it to other nature lovers!

5 Thank aeec
Cabo San Lucas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Tortuga Release Tour”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Neighbours at our resort took their kids and were amazed by the whole experience. We decided to go later in the week. Ishmael our guide was very warm and friendly to all of us (5 in total). He offered local information and kept us entertained for the 30 minute drive to the research centre (translate beach). We were given a short lesson on the egg collection and hatching process. We were assigned a nest (which is marked by date and number of eggs); baby turtles were slowly emerging out of the sand from our nest. Ishmael gave us a big pail to collect the babies and count them - we had 67. The other party had 72. Just as the sun was setting into the Pacific, we carried them down near the waves and released them. It was magical!