“Perfect location in Cabo San Lucas”
Review of Los Milagros Hotel

Los Milagros Hotel
Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Really nice small Mexican hotel located very close to all of the restaurants and bars in the marina district. Very clean and well maintained.. We enjoyed the terrace and the flower gardens.. Wake up to the sounds of various song birds. This hotel is downtown so expect some traffic noise ECt, but over all you won't find better value or location in Cabo. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is my third trip to Cabo and Los Milagros. Sandra is a wonderful host and goes out of her way to accommodate her guests. It's a great location, easy walking and the courtyard is a wonderful spot to relax, read, and meet interesting people. Sandra's staff are wonderful as well and it's clear that she treats them like family. My husband and I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I found this little gem surfing the net and all the previous guests reviews certainly did not lie.
Right around the corner from the hussle of Cabo tucked away is a little garden of peace and calm. The water fountain gently tricking in the background sets the tone. At dusk, candles are lit around the courtyard and funky music gently plays in the background.
Rooms are basic but clean and maintained. The staff are all polite and helpful.
Sandra is a busy woman but will always have time for your questions and gives honest and genuine suggestions that will add to your holiday.
This place attracts polite and quiet guests from what I can tell and several repeat customers-always a good sign.
Locals will stay here too, another great sign.
At the end of the street is probably the best taco stand I ate at all trip. Only opens at 6. Standing room only but yummo!
Only two VERY minor items I would mention is that wifi is only available in the common areas if that is important to you and that it's about.15-20 walk to the beach and the quickest way I found was through a part of the marina which means cruise ship tourists and some hustle bussle.
If your into dancing until wee hours! you'll be about 1.5 blocks from the famous Cabo Wabo or about 3 from El Squid Roe and Mandala.
I will stay here again,

Room Tip: Top floor if possible
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CLARISSA l
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The pros are what they are: great location, fairly cheap, looks fancy from the outside

Now the Cons:
- Unfriendly Staff: I was constantly looked at and responded to, as if I was up to no good, despite my polite attitude and well spoken English.
- The standard rooms decoration and comfort is very rudimentary, not eye catching at all.
- The common area is noisy and the rooms not very well sound proofed from it: When a group is gathering in the open area, their conversation will make it to your room. I was awaken early in the morning by people cheerfully debriefing their night out on the town, but not yelling for the matter.

In comparison, I stayed during other trips at the Cabo Bungalows which beats Los Milagros in all areas above: Friendlier staff, better room decoration, more quiet, for a similar price and a barely more remote location. Also stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn which would be a more suitable choice for people expecting comfort and quietness, at a comparable price.

I am not a picky traveler but I honestly wasn't impressed by the Los Milagros experience, and will not return unless it has the best rates I can find for the dates I travel.

Room Tip: As far as possible from the common areas (they have a floor plan on the website)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank JSD_2014
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Los Milagros is a wonderful hidden retreat tucked away amongst the bustle of Cabo - you just relax as you walk through the gate. Sandra and Los Milagros are a real treat and are both gorgeous and I long for the day we can go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This isn't a bad place to stay, and during this first trip to Cabo it might have been one of the better ones we stayed at, but this is not friendly B&B type place. The proprietor is a no nonsense lady who isn't looking to make friends or be your guide. I found this place to be absolutely beautiful upon entering the front gate. The splash pool was a bit dirty but the courtyards are gorgeous and the pool is a 'splash pool' anyways. Our room, which we did get to see in day light was cute (room 12). The roof is brick and the windows give the place an island feel, but over all the look is very Southwest US, mixed in with some Spanish influence. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable and we appreciated the jug of water, which we could fill with filtered water available downstairs (which sadly ran out half way through our trip). The towels were also of good quality. We didn't use the TV and it was more of an eye sore, just big and ugly and hovering in the corner, it didn't fit the decor. The bathroom was fine, very clean, and the shower had hot water and great water pressure. I liked the little closet space in the bathroom since clothes were often wet and sandy from the beach. Generally I have no complaints about the room. We always travel with our own toiletries so the lack of shampoo/soap didn't bother us. We stayed here for 2 nights.

Now for a bit of the bad. I realize this is a place of repeat visitors who are friends with the proprietor and so first timers like us don't' get much in the way of service and that is why I am unlikely to return to this hotel. Upon arrival we walked in and I said the place was gorgeous and wished we could stay (we were staying 2 days then heading to La Paz then returning to Cabo), mind you we were NOT trying to get her to let us stay, it was a pleasantry and a compliment. She replied that her friends were coming in and she couldn't say she was sorry we were leaving. I guess she wanted to go out of her way to be rude. Then she trailed off a bit about the people who were coming and started talking to man, who she had just convinced to stay the night and how she was cooking lamb, then she told us how glad she was he was staying with her! OK TMI lady we didn't need all that information about your life and this dude who looked drunk or stoned. So after trailing off we got her attention to get our room # and Wifi password. She also pointed to the filtered water (which ran out 1/2 way through our stay). I guess she was just excited about her friends or this dude she just picked up, but she could not be bothered with us. On our departure, another man who was a fellow proprietor or perhaps a guest did help us get to our bus for La Paz. At around 9 PM my husband went down to see if he could figure out transport. This very nice gentleman (named Richard I think) offered to drive us to the bus stop by Walmart as the bus was leaving at 9:30. We would not have made it without him. If he is the fellow proprietor Sandra can learn a thing or two from him. But I have the distinct feeling our business wasn't wanted.

TLDR Summary: Clean rooms, comfortable beds, excellent location close to downtown and 15 mins to the beach, nice relaxation space after a long day, no real pool, mean/weirdo proprietor. *Bonus Tip: The person Sandra recommended for an airport taxi ripped us off. Find your own way to get to the hotel.

Room Tip: We liked Room 12, didn't see any others.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ZeeZee666
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Walk off the busy street into Los Milagros and you have walked into an oasis. The garden is beautiful, the dipping pool like a twinkling sapphire and your room spic and span. Located in the hub of downtown makes it very central easy to everywhere. Buses and cabs right outside your door. A 5-10 min walk to the marina and 15 to the beach. Sandra the owner is a delight with wick answers for all your questions. The group of travelers staying here is much more interesting than at your big resorts. With only 14 rooms you get to know everyone and learn about the hung so do here in Cabo. Backpackers, divers, couples, and new friends. Would recommend this little gem for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends