“Beautifully colorful inn”

Ranked #42 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Madison, IN; USA
“Beautifully colorful inn”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

My friend and I stayed in the Cabo Inn during part of our stay in Baja California Sur to celebrate my freind's 60th birthday. The Inn was so colorful and really gave us the "Feel" of Baja. The Inn was very clean, the hosts were friendly and helpful. It was an entirely delightful stay and I look forward to staying there again soon. I would recommend the Cabo Inn to anyone that is looking for an affordable, yet beautiful room. The rooms are not huge; but, are entirely adequate for two people. If you are not looking for a luxury vacation but want a clean, attractive place to stay - this is THE place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank CarolMadison_IN_USA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I traveled with a business associate. We were going to stay there for five days. I am wheel chair bound and was assured there was plenty of room for me to move around in the room before we arrived. Bottom line, the rooms are VERY small, I couldn't use the bathroom as it was too small, the rooms were not that clean, the A/C did not work well and we lay in a bath of sweat all afternoon and the first night, the beds were hard, there was about an inch and a half gap at the bottom of the door which allowed anything (creature) access to my room. The next morning I went to settle my bill and asked for a refund so I could move to a user friendly hotel. Stanley, the manager told me they had a policy that we would have to pay extra for an early checkout ($ 50.00), the price of a day’s rent. Of course, that was never mentioned to me prior to or at check in. It is a shame we were treated this way and I simply would never recommend this hotel to anyone. You cannot trust the manager as he makes up the rules as he goes... with your money, that is!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
hwnprincess, Public Relations at Cabo Inn Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
Although we are very sorry this guest was disappointed with his stay, we did inform him our hotel was not wheel chair friendly (as most of Mexico and this particular area is not either) prior to his arrival; however, if he decided to stay we would do all that we could to be accommodating and help his stay to be pleasurable. We offered this guest the choice of three different 1st floor rooms that were available (some more spacious than others) and all with working A/C systems. The largest room, which we were not going to charge more for, he chose not to pick, thus, he picked a room that might have not been as accommodating to his needs. Our policies and hotel rules are not only mentioned at check-in, but they are also posted in each room as well as the cancellation policy, which is also posted on the website too. We always do all that's within our physical control to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful visit at our hotel as well as in the area.

Kind Regards,

Kanoelani
On behalf of the Cabo Inn Hotel
Toronto
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This place was great!!! We were so happy to have stumbled upon it. We'd stayed at a crummy little place in San Jose and were so happy to be so central for a few nights. This place is a fraction of the price of the big resorts, which are literally walkable from here. Stay here, go to their beaches for the day;) Cabo Inn has a cute rooftop patio with small pool and a nice, open concept courtyard.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank allystark
La Jolla, California
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Having stayed there before, I was surprised it was even more beautiful than before and just as cheap. The rooms have wonderful paintings in them and they are each labeled with a "title". We stayed in the Frida room and my friends stayed in the Picasso room. Most nights we played domino "Mexican Train" with the staff or Texas Hold'em. We never paid for a taxi and saved a ton on lodging which helped us enjoy all the beach activities and night life. Stanley even got us great bargains on everything and saved us a ton on that. I felt like we were made part of a big family and did many things as a big group (other guests and us). It was very safe and full of lots of plants. Just paradise!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank sharklure
Calgary Alberta
Reviewed April 5, 2009

JP & Linda Landed at the Cabo Inn in Dec 2008 where we found such a quaint little Very Mexican Inn The Cabo Inn full of life, colour,many different birds and an Almond tree. Hospitality from Stanley & Maria and all thier staff. People from all around the world that we visited with and took in activities together or just plain socialized and learned so much.
The rooms are quite lovely, clean and comfortable. The best is the 2 Palapas on the top floor where you will find a pool and a library to relax with a coffee in the mornings or a glass of wine in the evenings. Then Victor arrived and we took in a hike and rock climbing which he so graciously gave his time away from the business of his Inn to take 13 of us on for the day.
We will be back, and you can bet you come highly rated in our books you are a 5 star Inn.
If you are looking for the kind of 5 star you see in all the brochures where you live like a millionare you will not find it here.
But you will be in the middle of culture, friends and nightlife. A few minutes walk to Luxury ave and a few minutes to the beach.
You will come away with a greatly enriched life.
With love from Calgary Alberta

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PiratePrincess50
Calgary Alberta
Reviewed April 2, 2009

You will come away with a greatly enriched life.
With love from Calgary Alberta

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PiratePrincess50
Mexico City
Reviewed March 28, 2009

This is a very charming and very centrally located hotel. The staff is helpful (owner helped me grill my steak!), the rooms and central areas are very clean, the drinking water is free (big bonus in hot weather) and the evenings were quiet and good for sleeping. The rooms up top (called "Palapa", I think) looked perfect for couples - roof top space very prettily and imaginatively used. I can't imagine that there is a better bargain in all of Cabo S.L. - and I certainly did not feel shorted. I would gladly recommend this hotel and stay again myself.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends