“Excellent Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo Inn Hotel

Cabo Inn Hotel
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Wenatchee, Washington
“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Cabo Inn is an excellent hotel to stay at while in Cabo San Lucas. Victor, the owner, is very helpful to book tours, give useful insights of the area, and friendly. His parents, Stanley and Maria, are also very helpful in booking tours and friendly. Orneida, an employee, wrote me a detailed and useful email in how to get the correct shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The rooms are attractive and practical with a high quality air conditioner which feels great when it's hot out and one can sleep well. The common area is very warm with tenets and I met a lot of new people over complimentary morning coffee and conversations. The common area has lots of wonderful plants and foliage which bring in a very natural and pleasant feel to the hotel. I also enjoyed the swimming pool on the third floor and relaxed. Another attractive feature of the hotel is it's just a block away from the downtown area, marina, and shopping mall. I highly recommend Cabo Inn for your next visit in Cabo San Lucas. Review by Cliff Bull – Happy customer!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Imfriendly1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Cabo Inn is an unpretentious, cute and charming place that worked just find for my daughter and I on a 6 day visit this June. Plusses: it's not a big commercial resort that could be anywhere, it's real and it's in a real mexican neighborhood; it's cute and has an authentic charm; it's close to everything; it has A/C and comfy (though small) beds; staff are sweet and you won't feel like an ugly american staying here. you feel like you're actually traveling! Coupla minor negatives: rooms are tiny; A/C is loud; the towels are badly needing replacement (ha! i read about it and dismissed it but then there they were, all worn out and stained!); amenities are kinda lacking (but is that what you came for? for cable TV and a big pool?). Overall I would recommend it for anyone who likes an authentic, charming and comfortable place that does not require the ostentatious type of american luxury that has come to take over Cabo.

Room Tip: Those on the roof are cute but not so private. I would suggest the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Staff friendly and helpful. Basic rooms but if you are just looking for a bed because you want to spend your time outside enjoying Cabo then this is your place. Close to the beach, bars, clubs and the pier. Cool little sitting area on the roof complete with an outdoor pool (little but does the job) as well as an outdoor library.
Definitely reccommend for backpackers!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Nice place, kind of a mexican look.Very close to the bar and the beach. People at the desk can help you arrange activies and more. The surf teacher is very good ! I Enjoyed my stay!! I recommend the place

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emilie R
san jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

If you are looking for luxurious rooms and great views, this is obviously not the place for you. But this will have everything else, including things that the best resorts do not offer.

My boyfriend and I stayed here after a few days in an all inclusive resort on the Corridor and after this stay, and this is way better than any resort. The rooms are small and old fashioned, but I thought it was clean and just what we expected for something this cheap. It was also pretty artsy: we stayed in the Picasso room, and there was a Picasso painted on the wall, kind of cool. We had some mosquito problems in the resort in the Corridor but there were no mosquitoes here. The shower was hot and pressure good, there was a fan as well as air conditioning which is definitely required in Cabo.

There were several different receptionists during the 3 days and they were all super helpful. The first guy helped us call a bunch of places because we were looking for tours on a Sunday, and apparently very few tours are available on Sundays. So he called a bunch of different places for us. BTW we stayed at a nice resort before this, and when we needed to urgently contact our tour company that didn't show up on time, the resort charged us 14 pesos per minute to dial from their phone in the lobby. Not only did Cabo Inn receptionist not charge us, but they called the tours for us to find the information and did so repeatedly.

Then the next day we realized we were low on sunscreen and the receptionist let us just borrow one for the day. We were pretty grateful because we were on a schedule and probably wouldn't have had time to shop around for sunscreen before going on a fishing trip, during which we were sure to burn. They also had all kinds of games that we borrowed to play during down times. And on the day we left, they told us another guest was leaving for the airport around the same time and coordinated for us to share a cab, which really reduced the fare for everyone.

We stayed at two resorts in Mexico before this, and the resort staff has NEVER been this helpful. They may be all manners but when we really needed something they never provided.

And in addition to all this, we really liked that there is a kitchen available. We had caught a marlin on a fishing trip and all the restaurants were charging 10-20 to cook it. We though eh it's a fresh fish, it practically cooks itself. So we went back and cooked it on the little gas stove they provided. The kitchen is fully stocked, and there was a little bit of oil, salt and pepper, just enough for us to cook up a delicious plateful. Again, this is something we would not be able to do at another hotel.

The common areas are also clean and nice to hang out. If you're looking for a super nice room to stay at and enjoy the view, this is not the place for you. But if you're not high maintenance about your sleep but need a bit of help with everything else, this is way better than any hotel I've ever been at.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tracyx
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was very excited to stay at this hotel from the trip advisor reviews. When I first saw it, it was the #10 hotel in Cabo, it has since dropped to #20 and I can definitely see why. The location of the hotel (not being beach front) is very convenient to the beach and The Marina. We only had a short 10 min walk to the main area. My fiancé and I have travelled all over the world staying in average-high cost hotels. This was the one time I decided to take a risk and book a lower budget hotel based on the rave reviews and boy did I learn my lesson. The rooms were terrible. The door doesn't even fully shut - there is an opening on the top of the door as well as the bottom so you can hear all of the street noise throughout the night. Also, no vent/fan when using the shower. And the shower, wow, I had to keep my flip flops on because they were so bad. The worst shower I have ever seen let alone used. The people who work there didn't even acknowledge us when we would come in and head out, not the best customer service. This is the first and last time I will be staying at this hotel, it is more like a hostel in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stenigmaphy
San Pablo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Cabo Inn Hotel was the perfect choice for me in Cabo. It was pleasant and homey, clean, had plenty of hot water,and was the right price. It is close to everything without being part of the large, resort scene. It's perfect for the independent traveller who wants to go to a resort destination without the "resort" experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo