“Cabo Inn--The Best Bang for Your Peso!”
Review of Cabo Inn Hotel

Cabo Inn Hotel
Ranked #42 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the "Patch Adams" room back just this past June. There is a large painting of Patch on the wall and the owner's wife, I suppose, she is an owner as well, said that if it creeped us out we did not have to stay in the room. It was very kind of her to offer, but I used to be in the circus so a large and may I add--well done mural of Patch doesn't keep me awake at night.
Thematic rooms aside, this place was perfect for us. We had a mini-fridge, AC and a bed. My huzzy and I are simple people so the AC made us feel five star. The staff is great and one big family we met the abuelo, abuela, esposo, esposa, los ninos and even the esposo's mucho amigo (my Spanglish is remarkable). The owner is a surfer--so my husband had lots to talk about with him! I am rambling, but either way this place is clean, safe, colorful, family friendly, yet still fun for nino-less groups and full of more the traveler type folk versus the resorty touristy folk. Oh and the place is in walking distance to it all, plus, there is lil' lanai with a soaking pool and free coffee every morning. Please excuse my run-on sentences, but whan I am excited to share info with others thats what happens!

Room Tip: This is meant in good fun. If you don't like Clowns--avoid the Patch Adams room and if you don...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank April_Mae_J
CaboInnHotel, Owner at Cabo Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thank you for your awesome review of our hotel, the Cabo Inn! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay in our Patch Adams room and that you felt our hotel was perfect for you. We pride ourselves on having a friendly, communal environment and are so happy you enjoyed staying with us and our staff was so helpful. We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very colorful and cute hotel in a great area of Cabo - between local & touristy areas. The staff is extremely friendly and the building is well kept. Rooms were good - small and basic, good for people who don't plan on spending all day/night in their hotels. Hotel has a fun upper level, with books, sofas, small pool. Great local bars just down the street, significantly cheaper than the touristy places. Would definitely stay here again if we come back to Cabo.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Victoria T
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Awesome authentic mexican feel with the best prices in town. The layout has loads of colour and greenery making to the perfect place to escape the heat and meet other travelers. Close enough to walk to all the bars and clubs...but far enough away to not get the noise. Staff are super friendly willing to help with everything. The best value for money place in cabos for sure.

Room Tip: get one of the top rooms if your a couple.....you won't regret it!
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank bdockTbago
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great place overall. My only reservation was that the sheets on the first night did not seem particularly clean. Apart from this, great staff and great location. About a ten minute walk from the beach and only a couple of minutes from the main street.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Cloust2
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I come to Cabo at least once if not twice a year. My family and I also have two different timeshares right on the beach. Yet we always opt for staying at the Cabo Inn. Everyone is friendly, it is so close to all of the nightlife but around the corner as to keep from being disturbed by party-goers. So close to the beach, just walk a few mins from the hotel and you're on the main stretch. I would and do recommend this to all of my family and friends and they've even gone themselves and raved about my recommendation. The answer you're looking for is YES, pick this hotel, yes it will accommodate all you needs, and yes alone or with family, you will love it here, we do.

Room Tip: Palapas are great if you're a couple traveling, but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I loved my stay at the Cabo Inn. I arrived in Cabo a day before my friends and had to find a place to stay for one night. The Cabo Inn was great- cute and comfortable room in a family-run place and walking distance to the central shop/restaurant area.
The free coffee and wifi were great plusses, and the staff was extremely helpful. They gave me dinner recommendations and even helped me book a cab to my next place (and i never felt like they were trying to rip me off).
They treated me like a guest, not a tourist.
If I go back to Cabo, this is definitely where I'll stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Alyse B
Reviewed June 22, 2013

locations is great......beds ....comfortable,you don't want to get out of bed. you are right in the middle of the nite life 2 blocks away.
but still quiet if you want a peaceful sleep.
45 dollars a nite....all year long.
staff friendly.... air conditioning.....great hot showers.....very very clean.....its cozy boutique hotel.
plus the small airport is 5 mins away....so if you want to fly from Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan by aero califia you are right there....daily flights for 180 dollars to Puerto Vallarta.
cost to main airport in sanjose 50 to 60 dollars.
I stayed in the room called seaworld.....I will be back in October or November.45 dollars a nite....great price great value.....owned and operated by family from Guadalajara....very warm and friendly and kind . Austin from Calgary and I live in Puerto Vallarta 14 years.

Room Tip: room name seaworld for a single person or couple
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo