“Don't book!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo Inn Hotel

You added Cabo Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Cabo Inn Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 de Noviembre | entre L. Vicario y N. Mendoza, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Kelowna, Canada
“Don't book!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was so excited to come back to the Baja. We booked a condo in San Jose for a month, but thought we would go early and spend three nights at the Cabo Inn Hotel. I wanted to stay there last year, but there wasn't any time. The photos online make this place look so cool. We booked the Palapa 2 room for $120 per night ($405 including tax for 3 nights) and my credit card was used to guarantee the room.

On arrival the staff was very nice. We had to put a $10 deposit for each set of keys...whatever. As we walked through the hotel I started to get a bad feeling. The place is dirty and in need of new paint and not at all as vibrant as the oline photos appear. I've travelled quite a bit, so I am no stranger to different levels of accommodation.

We walked into the room and I knew right away this was a big mistake. As an open air room it is so noisy (the front desk clerk even gave us ear plugs on arrival). The dust was everywhere...I don't even think they bothered to freshen the room before we arrived (I say this because I did check out some of their other rooms later and although very sparce they smelled of being freshly cleaned). The bed looked like it was curving down in the middle and the cover on the bed looked to be about 20 years old. I stuck my hand in the little hot tub and it was barely warm (I was told they would turn it up for me. WTF - they knew I was coming it should have been ready to go).

The clerk that checked me in left for the day so I talked to an older man (might have been the owners's brother.) Because I booked online and they had my credit card as a hold, they would not let me out of the booking. It cost me $100 not to stay there!!! And that was a deal!!!!!

If you are looking for a cheap Mexican hostel....maybe stay in one of their less expensive rooms. BUT for $120 per night save your time, your money, and your soul....stay else where.

We moved to the Mar do Cortez for $71 per night...taxes in. (Check out my review)

Room Tip: DONT book a room unless you've seen it first
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank reachpauline
CaboInnHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Cabo Inn Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
We are very sorry this guest was disappointed with their stay, we always do all that's within our physical control to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful visit at our hotel as well as in the Cabo/Baja area.

At the Cabo Inn Hotel we pride ourselves in superb guest relations and we proactively maintain our property to above standards for a budget minded hotel. The owners are VERY involved in ALL aspects of the management and the running of the hotel. It is our goal to make everything perfect for every guest. Our hotel grounds and common areas are thoroughly cleaned daily and all of our rooms in their entirety are thoroughly cleaned prior to each guest arrival as well as throughout their stay. Our $5 or 50 peso key deposit per set of keys is a way we hope to get our key back and that it's not taken as a souvenir...some people choose to leave it as a tip for our maids, which they greatly appreciate; however, we leave that choice up to our guest upon their check out otherwise the deposit(s) is returned to the guest upon checkout. Our online photos are up-to-date and prior to arrival it's clear our Palapa rooms are "open air" rooms and our website clearly states where and what we are located by in downtown Cabo - thus, there are no surprises. Most Palapa guest don't need or want ear plugs, but we offer them as a matter of convenience for anyone that may decide fresh air room with noise is better than no noise and no outside open air. We have 1 jacuzzi tub on property that is not used unless the Palapa is reserved. Again, we are a budget minded establishment and we don't unnecessarily heat the jacuzzi at the highest setting while it's unattended (typically the temperature is kept at 97 degrees while not in use) upon check in the jacuzzi is turned up. We have a cancellation policy notated clearly on our website as well as on each reservation confirmation sent. During busy season we turn down many guest inquiries for the palapas if they are already reserved, thus a guest splitting the difference of cancellation with the hotel taking the biggest hit is a happy medium should one decide to cancel. Anything within our physical control we will handle, but just as we canʻt control a disgruntle guest from providing us a bad review, we canʻt always control peopleʻs likes and dislikes, but we most certainly try if they give us the opportunity. If our hotel staff is not given an opportunity to be aware of or fix the problem during a guest stay, then unfortunately, we do not have the opportunity to help make their stay a more enjoyable one or perfect as we prefer.

We are a beautiful, fun and amazing budget hotel in a prime tourist city, in a prime location in Cabo San Lucas with accommodations to meet or exceed your basic needs for your hotel stay on a budget. By our choice, we go above and beyond to make sure our guest are extremely happy with their stay and we are $60 double occupancy tax included (which is $11 cheaper than Mar de Cortez so it's not apples to apples comparison this individual is referencing). There are several high-end resorts in Cabo that offer the ultimate in luxury stays for the four or five star price and we donʻt claim to be one of them. There are also several other budget minded hotels in the area; however, for the same price, location and amenities there is just no comparison. The Cabo Inn Hotel provides a clean, unique and budget friendly accommodations and staff to the city of Cabo!

Kind Regards,

Kanoelani Patenaude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Need to stretch your pesos and have a relaxing stay in one of best budget hotels in Cabo? Then given Cabo Inn a call...or click (online). I stay here whenever I'm in Cabo and it never disappoints. The single rooms are definitely for 1 or barely 2 and the larger ones can fit your whole familia. Amenities include a community kitchen, terrace library, super tiny pool, 1 workout machine, extra blankets, helpful staff, free wifi, and in-room refrigerators. The location is close to the beach and marina, the mall, and several good restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear to avoid street noise at night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Black_Planeteer
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed there over Christmas and had a great time! The owners were so helpful, the hotel was fun and coloful and the location was close to the marina which was very convenient. The owners/employees hosted a Christmas potluck that was fantastic. It was fun to get together with other travelers on a family holiday and share the holiday with the locals. We would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fermentator
Abbotsford BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

When the shuttle dropped me off in front of this property, there were 3 or 4 green garbage bags full to the brim leaking and stinking right beside the front door. That was not as disturbing as the dead rat completely covered in flies or the dog feces that was trailed across the front walk on someone's shoes. Walking into this place was a nightmare and actually handing over the cash for 2 weeks was even worse. I asked for a receipt and went up into my room. There were dead mosquitoes floating in the ice pan that hadn't been emptied in who knows how long. The bathroom sink was being held up by two rusty bolts, the bathroom window was painted shut on the top, and couldn't close on the bottom so anything squealing around at midnight would have no problem scurrying in. It had bars across it for protection from any two legged- bandits but trust me, that would be my last concern at this place. The bed was a dirty flat mattress covered in flimsy sheets and bedspread, of which had two footprints on it , probably from the previous client. The floor was half dirt, half tile, there were still little pools of water throughout the little room on the floor that had attracted mosquitoes. The drain in the shower was so dirty, I took a picture of it, which I will post and if you look really hard, you can see a bug crawling out of the right hand side. The air conditioner sounded like a little cessna from the second world war and the adjustment knob was broken right off, will also post picture of that. I checked out the next morning and was charged over 200.00 to stay in that dump for one night, but believe me.....it was well worth the 200.00 to get out unscathed and healthy . Last but not least, there is a metal staircase that is suspended over the courtyard that people actually would use to go upstairs to the pool....the pool looks like an old whirlpool or still water gathering for mosquito larvae. What a dump! Go there if you dare, but don't complain about lice, bedbugs, or anything else that crawls or scampers in the night around your head. Don't forget, you are smack dab in the middle of strip joints, nightclubs and bars so there is no peace. This place should be closed down.

2 Thank bookgirl12342002
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

i stayed at cabo inn based on tripadvisor info ... it was better than i expected, great location, good value, will come again.....the girl at the front desk gave me good info(how to get to the arch with a little adventure)it was awesome......great place for a solo traveler......

3 Thank b k
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Exactly what i was looking for! needed inexpensive accommodations for a last day in Cabo. The atmosphere was festive and I felt completely safe. The decor was Christmas complete with a tree. and there is a cute little pool and lounge area on the rooftop. Although is was cold would of been nice to have a little warmth. There is a common area where travelers were socializing and to find the coffee and other treats. The rooms and the rest of the hotel is clean. Highly recommended. The rooms are small

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank broncoslover78
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you are looking to stay in a convenient location at an affordable price, this is your place. The decor was far from "resort" style - as a tourist I felt I was in Mexico with the authentic Mexican decor. I felt very safe and appreciated the fact I was able to speak Spanish with local business people near the Inn rather than be with English speakers at a resort. Victor was friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend staying at Cabo Inn Hotel.

Room Tip: If you enjoy extra space, take one of the roof-top rooms, although if you are a light sleeper you ma...
Stayed December 2012, traveled solo