I was so excited to come back to the Baja. We booked a condo in San Jose for a month, but thought we would go early and spend three nights at the Cabo Inn Hotel. I wanted to stay there last year, but there wasn't any time. The photos online make this place look so cool. We booked the Palapa 2 room for $120 per night ($405 including tax for 3 nights) and my credit card was used to guarantee the room.
On arrival the staff was very nice. We had to put a $10 deposit for each set of keys...whatever. As we walked through the hotel I started to get a bad feeling. The place is dirty and in need of new paint and not at all as vibrant as the oline photos appear. I've travelled quite a bit, so I am no stranger to different levels of accommodation.
We walked into the room and I knew right away this was a big mistake. As an open air room it is so noisy (the front desk clerk even gave us ear plugs on arrival). The dust was everywhere...I don't even think they bothered to freshen the room before we arrived (I say this because I did check out some of their other rooms later and although very sparce they smelled of being freshly cleaned). The bed looked like it was curving down in the middle and the cover on the bed looked to be about 20 years old. I stuck my hand in the little hot tub and it was barely warm (I was told they would turn it up for me. WTF - they knew I was coming it should have been ready to go).
The clerk that checked me in left for the day so I talked to an older man (might have been the owners's brother.) Because I booked online and they had my credit card as a hold, they would not let me out of the booking. It cost me $100 not to stay there!!! And that was a deal!!!!!
If you are looking for a cheap Mexican hostel....maybe stay in one of their less expensive rooms. BUT for $120 per night save your time, your money, and your soul....stay else where.
We moved to the Mar do Cortez for $71 per night...taxes in. (Check out my review)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cabo Inn Hotel was originally built in 1955 and remains a stunning hotel with vibrant colors and traditional Mexican ambiance. We offer 20 rooms and we are centrally located 2 blocks from the marina. All rooms have air conditioning, TV's and refrigerators in most, additionally, we offer two rooftop palapa units. Located in the beautiful city of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the Cabo Inn Hotel is the perfect place for a fun-filled vacation or relaxing getaway. Our Cabo hotel is dedicated to providing you with quality amenities such as, a spacious community kitchen and grill, an outdoor social pool, FREE Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and rooms, a shared balcony, sundeck, and more! The goal at our Cabo San Lucas hotel is to ensure you have an excellent stay whether for spring break, winter vacation, or the perfect Mexico getaway. We'll provide you with an authentic Mexico experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Cabo Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Inn Hotel Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos