“Amazing Gem in the city!”
Review of Cabo Inn Hotel

Cabo Inn Hotel
Ranked #42 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to Cabo with my boyfriend and we missed our flight so we had to stay an extra night. Found this little, cute place right in down town (2 blocks walking distance from everything) & asked for the price. I couldn't believe how economical it was (500 pesos) and how cute this place is! Every room has a theme...we stayed at the "El Arco Room". It was really clean and quiet and the service was amazing! The owner is super nice and helpful. They also offer an outside kitchen area to cook your own food or store in the fridge which was good since we had leftovers. We loved this place so much we even bought the memorabilia shirts they sell!! Will definitely tell all my friends about it and stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lovegin214
There are newer reviews for Cabo Inn Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Cabo Inn Hotel has a great location right in the middle of downtown Cabo. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is wifi and cable. Small but nice pool on the roof. Free coffee every morning. A great place to stay. Coming Back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PeterMojst
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If parts of Cabo feel like Orange County Sur, then Cabo Inn Hotel makes up for that with loads of local charm.

The facility is located just a couple minutes walk from the Marina and is within crawling distance of places like "El Squid Roe". The hotel itself is colorful and has beautiful trees growing up through the courtyard and lots of colorful plants. It's painted in bright cheerful colors and there are plenty of little sofas and chairs and tables outside all of the rooms for lounging on and meeting other travelers. Travelers at this hotel tend to be the friendly, adventurous types.

While the rooms are small, the beds are surprisingly comfortable. While one reviewer said it was little more than a piece of foam on top of the concrete, it felt like the high-end memory foam that is in my expensive mattress. It was by far the most comfortable "piece of foam" I've ever slept on for the price point of that hotel. My room had two twin beds, fan, and air conditioner. The AC is a bit loud, but it works great. After the first day, the weather cooled off and I didn't need the AC. I slept with the window open and was surprised that the location is really very quiet considering how close it is to girls taking their tops of and dancing on the tables just a couple blocks away. I was also pleasantly surprised to find a mini fridge in my room. I used it to freeze some perishables I was traveling with. There is also a community kitchen downstairs, which I didn't have the opportunity to use, but what a great idea!! However, with amazing and affordable local restaurants such as Los Tres Pollos and Las Tres Islas nearby, why bother cooking at all.

On the roof, there is a secret little lounge area with a dipping pool! Lay in the sun, or sit in the shade, reading one of the many books or magazines that travelers have left.

Free WiFi of course was definitely utilized by me. When an unusually heavy rainstorm lingered for days, and the rooftop sun deck was not an option, I still had plenty of entertainment, and of course, great dining recommendations from Trip Advisor. ;)

If I were going to open a little hotel, this is exactly the kind of place I'd love to have. It has everything you need, nothing you don't, and invites the traveler to interact with other travelers and taste a bit of the local flavor.

Oh, and the owner's parents were so sweet as to drive me to the swanky resort I was headed to. And guess what, I had a 1-2 star experience at that swanky resort. Give me Cabo Inn Hotel any day!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank darcitananda
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you are looking for a charming Mexican style place to stay, the Cabo Inn Hotel is the place for you. It's very affordable, clean & comfortable, and a fun place to stay. They offer free internet, I stayed at a resort in Cabo once, who charged about $25 a day, so free internet is a plus. The staff is friendly and will help you with activities, restaurants, taxis and etc. The location is close to shopping, dining, clubs, marina, and beaches. If you are looking for lots of amenities, than this isn't the place for you...go to a resort. Looking forward to my next visit to the Cabo Inn Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EW74
Reviewed August 10, 2012

A very convenient location in downtown area. Free parking acrdoss the street. Charming courtyard with light cooking facilities. Roof pool small (about the size of a large hot tub) so not good for swimming, but great for relaxing. Our room was small but adequate and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd certainly recommend Cabo Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Judy560
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place reminded me of a mediocre hostel without mattresses. They didn't advertise that their "beds" were rectangular pieces of orangish-brown foam sitting atop a concrete slab and covered with sheets. I think that is worth mentioning to potential guests. I was a HostelWorld Premier member during 2008-10. I have seen enough hostels around the world to say: this is completely unacceptable, if it is not advertised. I literally flopped my butt onto the bed (as I do in most accomodations) and my tail hit concrete. I would never stay here again unless they bought mattresses. This building was very cute. The people who run the joint are very polite and helpful, but no mattress=no deal. Room smelled dusty and musty. Maybe from the foam? Soap fell on the floor (when washing my hands 1 minute after entering the room) and was covered in hairs after hitting the ground. Bathrooms are private, but crazy small. If one person was on the toilet, you might bump legs with the person in the shower. Oh, and I really loved the 13" "community TV" and the 1980's all-in-one "workout center." :)

Room Tip: Don't choose a room unless they get mattresses or you will be literally sleeping on foam and con...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joe Z
CaboInnHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Cabo Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

We are very sorry this guest was disappointed with their stay (if indeed it was at the Cabo Inn Hotel), we always do all that's within our physical control to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful visit at our hotel as well as in the Cabo/Baja area. We have recently completely 95 percent of our room remodels and we always want ensure that every guest has a pleasurable stay in the accommodations in which they have reserved.

As not every one person desires the same mattress, we offer a variety of mattress feels and styles (including brand new high-end memory foam mattresses), which we have received stellar feedback on. We also have previous guest reviews on TripAdvisor stating such. ALL rooms are thoroughly cleaned prior to each guest arrival and also during each guest stay. Musty, perhaps mistaken for humidity during the summer in Cabo and most certainly can be helped with the A/C units located in each room. Our 19” community television is not meant to be a hotel media center, but rather a convenience of entertainment while cooking, eating, waiting for an activity bus, etc. all while relaxing in our beautiful courtyard. It is not our choice to classify our “universal gym set” (as indicated on our website) as a “workout center”. What travel sites list our fitness equipment as is not something we control.

In a nutshell, we are a beautiful, fun and amazing budget hotel in a prime tourist city, in a prime location in Cabo San Lucas with accommodations to meet or exceed your basic needs for your hotel stay on a budget. For $39.95+tax for a single person, we go above and beyond to make sure our guest are extremely happy with their stay. There are several high-end resorts in Cabo that offer extra spacious rooms, with media centers, and workout centers for the four or five star price and we donʻt claim to be one of them. We are unique accommodations to the city of Cabo!

At the Cabo Inn Hotel we pride ourselves in superb guest relations and we proactively maintain our property to above standards for a budget minded hotel. The owner is VERY involved in ALL aspects of the management and running of the hotel. It is our goal to make everything perfect for every guest. Anything within our physical control we can handle, but just as we canʻt control a disgruntle guest from providing us a bad review, we canʻt always control peopleʻs likes and dislikes, but we most certainly try if they give us the opportunity. If our hotel staff is not given an opportunity to be aware of or fix the problem during a guests stay, then unfortunately, we do not have the opportunity to help make their stay a more enjoyable one or perfect as we prefer.

Kind Regards,

Kanoelani Patenaude
Guest Relations

Reviewed August 9, 2012

A friend and I stayed here a while ago and had the hatrick of things go wrong here, started off with no hot water. Being Mexico and not ever having been there before we didn't say anything and just made the most of having a cool shower in the afternoon. Then we discovered bed bugs!! When talking to the owner (or I think it may have been the owners mother) she made very rude remarks about us and some other guests and definitely NOT a way she should be treating her customers. Her husband seemed very quick to apologize but the damage had been done... We will never stay here again and advise no one else to stay, bed bugs and all.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Annabananna K

We are pretty certain this reviewer is not reviewing the correct hotel, given all of our recent reviews have a drastic difference in opinions, nonetheless we are very sorry this guest was disappointed with their stay (if indeed it was at the Cabo Inn Hotel), we always do all that's within our physical control to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful visit at our hotel as well as in the Cabo/Baja area. We have recently completely 95 percent of our room remodels and we always try to ensure that every guest has a pleasurable stay in the accommodations in which they have reserved. We indeed have travelers from around the world that sleep in our beds; however, that does NOT include bed bugs and for our own personal safety standards, we regularly exceed all measures to ensure that such does not exist (WE HAVE DOCUMENTS TO PROVE THIS).

We treat ALL GUEST with respect as if they are our close friends or family.
We also have ample supply of hot water (past guest reviews as well as maintenance docs to prove such).

At the Cabo Inn Hotel we pride ourselves in superb guest relations and we proactively maintain our property to above standards for a budget minded hotel. The owner is VERY involved in ALL aspects of the management and running of the hotel. We also have our maintenance records to prove our property is maintained in excellent working order and in a proactive manner, which we are happy to provide should it be requested.

Again, this does not sound like a review of the Cabo Inn Hotel.

Kind Regards,