“Very Nice this time”
Review of Marina Sol Resort

Marina Sol Resort
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My husband and I just spent a week at Marina Sol and we had a fantastic condo. All the condos are owned by individuals and there are around 3 people who rent the ones in the rental pool out. We have been guests for years and have had concerns before but when we went guests in January our condo was a run down dump.We booked with a different rental company this time (cabo catiente) and it made the difference. The cost was the same but the service and condo were fantastic!! Clare and her staff go out of their way to give you a nice comfortable place to stay. Why have I been returning for Years??? It is the location, Book it with Cabo Catiente to ensure a nice unit.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marina Sol Resort

Reviewed March 23, 2010

THis was my first stay at the Marina Sol and thank you tomy extended family for the opportunity. I enjoyed this resort very much, I would go at a different time of year soit was not so quiet. But the area it is located in is so accessable to everything Cabo has to offer. Everyone at the MS where very freindy and helpful. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2010

We stayed in a 3 bed/2bath pool view condo, which was perfect for our group of 6 (3 couples). The condo was an excellent value, clean and spacious, and was within walking distance to the beach, nightlife, shopping and marina (which saved us a TON on taxi's!). The people at the resort are also friendly and welcoming, especially Raul, what a wonderful person! He was always asking what he could do for us and entertaining us with his humor!

The resort may not be as fancy as some of the others, but we don't care about fancy, we see the room as just a place to rest our head at night! There's too much fun to be had in Cabo to just sit in our room all day! It bothers me to read some of the reviews on this site that complain about the resort; talk about champagne taste on a beer budget!

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank outtahere1
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Great pool, great location, great happy hour, great staff however... You do not know which place you are going to get so don't pay attention to the photos!! It NEEDS some major updating on the outside and some on the inside! they are individually owned, so you never know what your going to get.
We stayed in a 2 bed, 2 bath, that was nice looking (except the stained living room furniture), but they turned the water off to the place so many times on us! couldnt use the toilet, or shower most of the trip! ridiculas ..and forget getting a refund or complain....no use.
The food they served outside byt the pool wasnt bad, it was pretty good, but pass on the margarita! IF you want a really good margarita in CABO, go to Happy Ending! they ROCK.
Dont get duped at the airport either with all them beggars for a cab and to listen to their sphlel about a condo...that drove me nuts. what a racket.
The fishing crew we went with was Pieces, they are great! Rey and Sal on La Brisa, we caught plenty of Tuna and Dolphin..yum they flash froze it for us and we took it home.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Stayed at Marina Sol Resort on my honeymoon and it was terrific. Close to the beach and even closer to the mall and main strip where all the bars and restaurants were. I'd totally recommend this place to anyone visiting Cabo for the 1st time.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beenie-mac19
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We really enjoyed the people at the hotel. Every person helping us was lovely and efficient. Names I remember; Raul and Yolanda. Just great. We stayed in a ground level room #C104. It was pretty clean but really needs an update. We had a puddle in the bathroom from a leaking toilet and it didnt get fixed for two days because the admin office was closed over the weekend. The bathroom faucet had NO water pressure until my handyman husband cleaned out all the gravel from the faucet. Not the thing you want to do on vacation. Very limited hot water in the shower and bad water flow. Nice big shower, though. I found an almost dead, large roach in the bedroom and I believe they had just sprayed for bugs because when I got home I realized all my clothes had a chemical smell to them. Friends stayed up on the 6th floor and said they had tiny ants everywhere in the kitchen no matter how clean they got things. They also said it was noisy from the street noise. We also heard a lot of street noise where we were.
The pool area was nice. Food was average. I wish I could remember the pool waiters name because he was also wonderful. Location is only a block from the beach. I do recommend the hotel if you get a good price. It's very conveniently located, has a nice pool, decent and great people. We won't go back only because we won't go back to Cabo again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crusty1
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I was sent great pics of a condo so I reserved it. We arrived and one bedroom had a window missing, one bathroom did not work, no locks on doors, air conditioning not working, and one bedroom they told us not to use. They refused to move us to an acceptable condo. We waited hours in the heat for a resolution. We were forced to find another place to stay. They had already charged my credit card twice for a 50 percent deposit without my permission. My wife and disputed it through the credit card and were victorious. Six months later Marina sol charged my card again without permission and we are having to file a complaint for fraud. What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank CABOGuy41
BestValueMarinaSol, manager at Marina Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2009

Guest mislead in fact by his travel agent who was only worried about making a few more dollars.