Misiones Hotel & Beach Resort
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$464
$373
$412
$346
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$505
$419
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$163
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$243
$191
Melia.com
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$392
$270
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$575
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$237
$190
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$304
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$200
$174
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2008

When booking this type of facility, we use vacation rentals by owner (vrbo.com) so that we can select the exact unit and pricing we want. Because we are dealing directly with the owner, surprises are few, and details can be worked out prior to arrival. We stayed in a one bedroom condo on the 4th floor. It had a beautiful balcony with a great ocean view looking east (away from Cabo). Renting from an owner means that there is no maid service during your stay. The two pools are very nice with good views and the beach is very nice. Many surfers were on the adjacent beach although I don't think that waves were very surfable. The restaurant within walking distance is called Sunset. As you might expect, It has "the" view of Cabo in the evening. It is so scenic that cruise ship tour buses stop just take in the view. This is not a problem because you can walk over to see the view anytime - and even have dinner if the mood hits. There is some construction going on and the first time you try to find this resort, you will miss it, but once found it is a good place to stay. It is just a few miles from Cabo central so it is convenient, but not part of the town party scene.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mediawise
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We just got back from a week at Missiones through an Interval trade. I was petrified due to previous reviews, and this being our kids first time out of the country.
When we first arrived, we missed the entrance three times, which if you know the traffic in Cabo (being all one way), became frustrating. The sign is missing letters and is not lit up. We got to the front desk and they had no information on us, even though I had my confirmation in hand from Interval. The process took several minutes (20), and I got the feeling that they just decided to give us a room and figure it out later. While at the front desk I mentioned that the internet had some poor reviews of the resort and I expected the nicest room available. There was more discussion between the front desk staff and then we got our key.
The grounds were modestly landscaped, although it was neat and clean. The infinity pool was beautiful and in full operation when we were there, however no service at the swim up bar. The other pool on the opposite side had a swim up bar in service with a limited menu of options, and quite pricey. There is a beach to walk on but not swim. It is a great location to surf though.
Our room was actually good, no peeling paint or hard plastic furniture, in fact we were pleased. The kitchen has a cooktop but no oven, which was disappointing. There were signs of wear but not bad. The jacuzzi tub on our patio was functioning but hot water was not dependable. I think out of 7 days, we had 3 warm showers and one hot.
The resort is a ways from downtown, so we secured a rental car- which worked out very well for us. They offer a shuttle but the last one back is 6:30pm, so taxis are a must after that.
Over all it seemed to me that they are an old resort that fell into disrepair and is trying to clean up. There were rooms visible from the pool that were without furniture, and we were told that they were waiting for the furnishings. There is construction going on right next door, but this is mexico people, I have never been to a major resort area in mexico when there wasnt something being built. The same goes for the smells, we didnt experience any near our resort, but in some areas in town there is a sewage smell.
Our favorites were walking on the beach near the resort, the ceviche guy at the marina, taco loco in front of cabo wabo, the water taxi to lovers beach, and a dinner cruise around the arch. I think this is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen, and the people are lovely. I would return tomorrow, and I would stay at the missiones as a second choice.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Booked at Misiones through Interval international. The Book from them has this property listed as a 4-star & we were told that this place rarely if ever opens up. Once there the grounds were very nice and the pools were nice as well. The room we ended up in was in a little dis-repair.

We had a wonderful experience with the people and again the grounds were sell maintained.

The room was a different story. The Screens to the patio's didn't work at all & the Bath tub was rusted on one end. The 1-bedroom condo had a decent bed, but both the sofa's were extremely worn & needed to be replaced.

Fortunately we didn't experience any problems with bugs so we left the screens open while we were in the room.

Overall it wasn't a bad place to stay, but don't go in with 4-star expectations.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We have traveled to Cabo many many times. This time, we booked our vacation through a friend's timeshare / interval world 'get aways'. The 1st room we were given was immediately next to a room under heavy construction that was 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additionally, the room was in terrible condition. Paint was peeling from the walls, the TV had burn marks on it and it was propped on two barstools at the foot of the bed. The fridge was rusted and old. And the whole place smelled of mildew. We asked to be moved and were relocated in to a nice room next to the restaurant overlooking the infinity pool which was closed for some reason. The hot tub was also out of use.
Our room did have a beautiful view of the arches!
The shuttle to town was great and we used it each day; but there should be one running back later, to allow guests to have dinner and then return around 10:00 pm.
The staff was nice. The property only carries a few hairdryers and it's "1st ask 1st receives" at the front desk. You have to figure this out on your own; likewise with the TV remote controls!

Overall, this was below our standards and expectations.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mwoodside
Reviewed November 9, 2007

We stayed in the building looking over the center pool, Room 5302. It was two bedroom, two bath. Kitchenette was very plain, had everything you needed. Coffee pot, stove, room temp fridge, freezer worked. TV gets some movie channels, ESPN news, and CBS out of LA. Room was clean, and very nice house keeper, Maria. Our stuff was safe and we had no problems. I was even able to get my clothes washed and folded for 8.00 US. Shuttle was nice dropping off and picking up at marina about 5 times daily. Taxi's are always stationed outside for travel. 15.00 us each way. The very rocky beach is nice to look at but not very safe to swim. The second infinity pool was being redone so we couldn't use it, but when done looks nice. Our swim up bar was ok. A little pricey 4.00 US for Pacifico. 7.00 for mixed drinks. 9.00 - 11.00 could get you some great tacos. Sylvia the bartender is a sweatheart. I tipped the mamacita cooking and she made me a great breakfast one morning. After looking at and turing some other locations I found this place to be middle of the road. Warning to anyone wanting to spend there time here...The funiture in the rooms is very uncomfortable. Beds are hard (like sleeping on a box spring). The patios are spacious, and if you have a water veiw you will love it. Next time I go back I would not stay here again. But if price is right, this is not a bad place to stash your clothes and grab a shower.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple