“Had four fantastic dives with Dive Cabo”
Review of Dive Cabo

and up
Discover Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your PADI Dive Center in Cabo San Lucas. We offer daily scuba diving tours to all the best dive sites in Los Cabos.Our service includes:- Free "Enriched Air Nitrox"- Free Dive Computer Rental- Free Underwater Photography Service- Custom made dive boat with plenty of shade- Small groups divided by experience- PADI Scuba Diving courses are available from beginner to professional level.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was only my second dive trip and my husband and me selected Dive Cabo because of the other reviews on tripadvisor. We contacted their office from their website months before our trip and received a prompt and informative response. We were very impressed with their website, reviews and response, so we booked the two-tank, four-dive package with partial gear rental.

As a happy surprise, their Dive Shop was actually located in the ground floor plaza of our hotel, right in front of the Marina. We dove with their team two different days, and loved both days! Our first day Carlos was our divemaster and Daniel was our captain. I was really nervous because the current was pretty strong and it had been about 18 months since my last dive. Carlos was with me every minute, making sure I was okay and that I was able to manage my buoyancy in the current. We dove at Chileanos and Land's End. I will remember these two dives for the rest of my life! We saw eels, spotted rays, spiny lobsters, an octopus, tons of fish and a female and male sea lion. When the big male cruised right by me, I cheered audibly in my regulator. SO EXCITING!!

Our second day, our divemaster was Traun and Salomon was our captain. Again, there was attention to every detail. Equipment was in good condition, snacks and bottled water were provided and they handled everything. They even stored our own equipment overnight and washed it for us. Traun was hilarious...and helpful in every way. He took every opportunity to take memorable pictures and provided a picture CD at the end of our dives. I would highly recommend Dive Cabo.

dive_cabo, General Manager at Dive Cabo, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

hola! thank you for the great review, we feel our team is the best in town, and we are glad when our clients see this! make sure you come back and see us soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My 17 year old daughter and I would highly recommend Dive Cabo. Each member of their team is extremely personable and professional. From the friendliness in the shop to the cleanliness and attention to safety in the boat, Dive Cabo looks after all the details. We completed the entire Open Water Diver certification (first time diving) with Traun during our stay in Cabo and couldn't have asked for a better instructor. He was extremely flexible with our dive days as we battled congestion, patiently ensured we covered all our competencies in our dives and shared as much sea life as possible. Thank you to everyone at Dive Cabo, Traun in particular, for such a great experience!

hello! glad you had and your daughter has a great experience. there is nothing worse than having congestion on a dive holiday, we are just glad you got it done! we hope you stay diving and come back and see us soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Dive Cabo was very professional in that their staff were very thorough, the equipment new and in good shape and the boat and captain were excellent. The shop is a little tricky to locate so make sure you get directions. When you ask people on the street they may know it as Sunshine Divers as they recently had a name change. The water was 86F and the visibility about 80 feet. There is a lot of boat and diver traffic at the sites around the arch so be aware. We were supposed to dive Gordo Banks to dive with the hammerheads but the boat had problems and we were not able to go out. It was disappointing but you have to admire the captain for putting our safety first.

hola! we are glad you still had a good experience with us, unfortunately motor troubles did cut the dive trip for you, we really need to consider these when a trip to gordo banks in on, its not just in the bay. but we are glad you still saw positives! make sure you come back soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

First, let me begin with the fact that we picked Dive Cabo after reading the reviews off of this site. After a few emails exchanged I felt confident we picked a professional outfit. We had plans to meet Yayoi at the shop the day prior to coordinate a pick up as well as present our dive certs, try on gear, etc.

When we got there, it appeared as if they were just coming in for a dive. So many people milling about it was hard to tell who was who. This is where a problem came up. I went to the counter, spoke to a man that presented himself as an employee and even confirmed in the book we were set to dive the next day. When we asked if we needed to do anything else, he said nope, we'll do it all on the boat. In hindsight, I really should have asked for Yayoi.

The next day, we waited as directed and was never picked up. We immediately called the shop, spoke directly with Yayoi and she made it all right again. She got us on the next day dive and hooked us up with a great crew. The equipment provided was top notch. Safety was taken seriously. It was overall, one of the best dive experiences we have had.

The capt, Daniel was attentive, helpful and friendly. Traun, was our dive master and was in a word, awesome. In past dives, we've experienced DM's that were just there to make sure the group all got back on the boat... Not complaining about that.. I like to know that I will be alive at the end... but Traun was more.. you could tell he really enjoyed what he was doing. He made it a point to make sure we got to experience and see things versus ' just kept watch over us.' He made the dive more enjoyable. Thanks to Traun, I even got over a slight case of, " I don't want to touch that shovel head ray....' heh..

Anyway - if you want a great dive with some great people, call on this shop. I know our next trip to Cabo will include a visit with them. We cannot stop talking about our experience with Dive Cabo. Thanks guys!

1  Thank DubSF

hola! we are glad the experience turned out to be a very positive one. Yayoi is good at organizing and making sure things run smoothly, and Traun is a character, you saw how he loves the underwater world makes sure the tours are fun!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went with this company off the recommendation of tripadvisor and was not disappointed. The staff are all very customer oriented and observant of your needs. I made four dives on two separate days while in Cabo. They accommodated my desire to go to different sites and even stopped when we sited dolphins and let us jump in to try and swim with them. I enjoyed having Carlos as the dive master. He took good care of my daughter and I. I'd definitely dive with them again on my next trip.

hola, thank you for the reply, we are glad you and your daughter had a great time with us. make sure you come back and dive with us soon!