“GREAT TIME IN CABO”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The resort was clean, staff was friendly. The bell boy Pedro was so helpful and friendly and stood out about the rest! All inclusive is the way to go with great food options at different places on the marina and great drinks at the hotel. Prime location on the marina to walk anywhere!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your Feedback, We are looking forward to see you soon.

Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (3,071)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I never have written a review, however when I booked this property I looked at the reviews and was concerned, so if I can help someone else.

The rooms are dated, but functional. Your normal room will have a small two burner electric stove, a small sink, microwave and mini fridge. They stock the fridge each day with 4 bottles of water, a coffee package, 2 diet cokes, 2 cokes, 2 Tecate lights, 2 Tecates. Not bad ! A small terrace but big enough to sit out on and enjoy the views. I was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool and marina, it was very nice. The rooms were kept clean. The food I thought was great. Yes they have limits on some of what you can order and types of alcolhol you may get with your AI, are ya kidding ? Of course they do. Breakfast can be at the pool area or Jacks, on the marina a few feet down. I had both, I enjoyed both. Lunch time and a few more places are up and running, dinner time they are all up, you must have reservations, I never had a problem getting a time within an hour of my request. I enjoyed them all , but was at the Sushi place 4 times, two lunch, two dinner, loved it.

As everyone has mentioned , you will not find a better location in Cabo. Beyone that I thought all the staff was remarkable. Even the check out went smooth, no charges on the bill that should not have been there. All in all, I really enjoyed it, would recommend it, and will be back. Just remember you arent going to get everything you would in a 5 star resort and have fun !

Room Tip: The pool closes at 7, so if you have a room overlooking it, it will be quiet, the marina not so much...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank jimmy m

Dear Guest

Thank you for your Feedback, We are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

A charming hotel in a great location - close to activities, shopping and great restaurants. I did the all inclusive and had some disappointments. First of all you had to sign for almost EVERYTHING which got very old quickly. The restaurants were mixed. Jack's had mediocre food and the worst service I have EVER experienced, and they were consistently bad!!!! Baja Lobster Company was wonderful and had the most attentive waiters ever. Presto, the Italian, was quite good except the night when I asked for no bleu cheese on my salad. I got it, sent it back, and they made some half-baked attempt to pick it off my salad (hello, I have taste buds). I was appalled!! The rooms were older, but very comfortable and the bed was comfortable. I also waited one morning at Jack's for the toast and sweet rolls which were to be included with my breakfast. I waited for 15 minutes, while my food got cold for the waiter to bring back 4 hard rolls from yesterday!! I was told by the hostess that he would br bringing fresh rolls from their in-house bakery. I informed her of my disappointment and guess what? - she did nothing!!!

Room Tip: Always get an upper floor, also this place has an elevator which was a treat!! There is a onderful...
1  Thank horsechick81

Reviewed February 9, 2014

First I'd like to say I e-mailed after booking and asked if we could get adjoining rooms with our friends overlooking the Marina. I always read reviews on how peoples requests are never granted but in this case they gave us adjoining rooms, Marina Front and one was an upgrade with a full kitchen. The deck was awesome, adjoining as well,and everything was clean. I know we got more than we had booked and they did not even mention their generosity.We had the typical Timeshare offers at check-in but not overbearing just a gal doing her job. We were all inclusive and I have mixed emotions about that part. We DID get our moneys worth and the breakfast buffet poolside was great and lunches there as well, but dinner was by reservation only and we could never get one earlier than 8 pm even though we would pass the restaurants at 6 and they were virtually empty. This was the only negative about our entire stay so overall it was a great experience.Thank-you Marina Fiesta .

Room Tip: Marina front rooms are limited but they are great if available
1  Thank TimBattleGroundWa
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We would love to hear more from you. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The location was great however stay away from this hotel it's 25 plus years old and the rooms reflect it. Asked to change rooms three time to no avail. I wouldn't stay back at this hotel again. It's a lot other great place to stay with better rooms

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

We are currently going under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I just arrived back from my trip and had to write a review because I am so happy about my experience. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's perfect if you want to go all the best places and party while being able to walk easily everywhere. We never needed a taxi! The next best thing is the food. We enjoyed basically everything and agreed that it was the best all inclusive food, it doesn't taste all inclusive, it tastes like real restaurant food. The servers were overall really great, especially Josaphat by the pool.
The time share thing didn't really bother us because we let Alexa know right away we weren't interested. She was polite and nice the entire time! I cannot wait to get back there! Also, I had a junior suite and it was beautiful with a full kitchen and all accessories including granite counters.
Overall you can't beat the location, Don't waste time and money with taxis stay there.
Also, if you want an activity guy to hook you up see Gustavo or Gabriel Huato. Their booth is right in the marina at the end of the street past the lobster restaurant.
One last thing, Go for the 70 minute massage for $19.99 that is near the Wyndham.

Room Tip: You will probably want a room on the second floor or higher or you will feel like your at the pool w...
1  Thank MelloJessica
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We purchased a timeshare here 6 years ago. The rooms were begging for an update then and we were certain that because of the great location a renovation would be coming soon. A couple years ago it seemed some of the rooms received some updated furniture but the update stopped almost immediately. I am currently on the last night of a week stay and am so fed up I can hardly stand it. Our room was not cleaned today and the front desk said we must have had the do not disturb on the door ---- not true for some reason it was missed but housekeeping has gone home so that's that. In a regular hotel this would be okay but because everything here is old and falling apart it just feels even less clean when you don't have fresh towels or the over flowing trash taken out. I am so over broken shower water handles, rusty fixtures, falling apart doors, super low security windows, a sticky substance on the counter for days now, dirty light switches, pillows that are so lumpy I swear they're from the 60's, I could go on. It feels like vacation purgatory. I am an owner here but I don't think I want to waste more of my vacation time feeling dirty or stuck in a different era. Unless this resort gets a major makeover I would not recommend it......

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

We appreciate your feedback, without them it is difficult to know about our services. We regret that your experience here was disappointing. We have recently made a major refurbishment . 50% of our facilities had been recently remodeled, and really is a huge shame that we could not provide one of those facilities at that time. We apologize . An executive from our company will contact you to prevent this from happening again. Thank you again