“Still Awesome!”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We always love to stay at the Marina Fiesta as you are central to everything in the Marina and close to downtown and the beach is a short walk away.

I just wanted to mention that Fernando in the Lobby Bar is awesome and please don't move him around so much! We all wanted to see him at the Lobby Bar, but had only a few nights there with him as he was moved to other areas in the Resorts restaurants.

Pedro, Miguel and Cesar are awesome doormen as well...everyone is friendly and very helpful...I was recovering from a knee surgery a few weeks back and they provided me with a wheelchair at no cost.

All in all, great place to stay....still would like to see pads on the pool loungers!

Do go around the corner and discover Mis Suenos Restaurant.......Super good food and service!

Room Tip: We had room 619, it had an awesome view of the pool and marina, but it will be in the full Sun for m...
2  Thank TERRESA P
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We would love to hear more from you. Hope to see you soon!

Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (3,066)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The experience was great. Food was excellent, service except for 1 person was outstanding. The attractions were exciting. When we went to check out we were held hostage at the front desk! There was a $122 charge that was not expected. Our mediator Carman tried to resolve the issue to no avail. We were scheduled for a 11:15 shuttle to the airport. The time that it took with the closing bill that was incorrect delayed us to the point of missing our ride consequently we had to opt for a taxi that was an additional $70. The worst part is that if we did not give the front desk the extra money we were informed that the police would be called. I felt like a hostage! Cabo was extraordinaire I really enjoyed my time there. Also the pool closed at 8:00. I felt like I needed a note from my mother. Ha ha

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor facing the pool. This was great for me
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark R

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I were first time visitors to Cabo San Lucas and the Marina Fiesta Resort. We were overall pleased with our room and service we received. Had reviewed tripadvisor comments before our trip and I am glad we actually went to see for ourselves. Cannot please everyone, but this couple was impressed and pleased with our overall stay. Met some great people, made some new friends and had a wonderful time. We would return. Most detrimental comments we had read before was the noisy night life around the Marina, which we never experience at all from room 421.

1  Thank Stenda50

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hello Travelers-
My girlfriend and I just arrived home last night from a great week in Cabo. Enjoyed a lot of fun at the beach, did many activities and eat amazing food. Only one more thing could have made this trip that much better would be to stay at a resort in which they are truly caring for their residents. Before I state some issues I would like to give credit when credit is due. Cesar the bell boy is one of a kind, hes a gentle soul who remembers residents by their names and greets them so kindly all of the time with a smile on his face! He truly made me feel welcomed, thanks Cesar and keep it up! Now, my issues with this resort! My girlfriend and I have stayed at Marina Fiesta now four years in a row with friends and family and this will be our last stay! This "resort" has really taken a slip, they understand people want to stay there due to the location so service for them is not a priority. Upon entering our room, we noticed there was hair in the sink, hair on the beds as well as in the bathroom. It took over one hour until a maid came to knock on the door to come in and clean. No new sheets were brought only a broom, luckily my girlfriend had brought disinfectant spray. Secondly when trying to do activities the woman trying to set us up told us we MUST go through the hotel for activities, when I told her that this was not true she got very upset and said well then here is the package take a look at everything if you have questions let me know! I had to ask for our two free drinks coupons in which everyone gets upon entering the resort. The bartenders at the pool bar are extremely standoffish and the service there is less than average. Like I stated before, they know the location of the hotel is great so people will stay and top notch service is not provided. Lastly, WHEN CHECKING OUT REALLLLLY LOOK AT YOUR STATEMENT! My girlfriend and I were told we owed over $400 and we only had 2 drinks at the pool bar the whole week we stayed there as much of our time was spent on the beach. They said that we had made phone calls to areas in which we are not even from and stated we took 3 beers from the refrigerator in which was false also. They are willing to take some charges off because they know they are wrong and just hope people don't pick up on the extra charges they put on and just pay. There are plenty of resorts right around the area that provide great 5 star service. THIS HOTEL IS REALLLLLY SLIPPPING DOWNHILL as they just hired a new marketing team to help establish a new clientel as many others are dropping off from this resort as well!

Room Tip: The old tower has the best views, do not let them convince you the new towers do!
3  Thank Michael S
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We are so sorry that your experience with us result as you described it even though all the efforts of our staff to make your stay better. Regards!!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Overall I would say the location of MFR and the attentiveness of the staff (especially Cesar), make this resort worth considering. Nice to have the 5 different restaurant options to pick from, and the pool-side area also serves decent breakfast & lunches. Room fridges are stocked daily with bottled water, assorted cokes & beers. If it is your first trip there it is a nice way to go as perfect location right by the marina and shopping.

There are 2 key things one needs to know prior to booking, so happy to share them. If anyone in your group is highly sensitive to cigarette smoke then this may not be the best option. Smoking is allowed in the resort areas, & especially in the bar in the lobby area, & as a result there is smoke in those areas & residual smoke smells around the resort & a bit in the rooms. Not an issue for most, but if highly sensitive to smoke or you have asthma this should be considered.

One other key thing to know is to be very careful with your all inclusive bracelet & be sure it is properly put on when you check in & has no weak points. One of my group realized it was missing & when we went to the front desk we were told that would be a $86 US charge & basically tough luck, that was the policy. As such we did some searching & found it back in the room & when found it had clearly been sliced which the wearer hadn't done. Perhaps a fluke that the bracelet had been altered, but just be mindful of that.

Anyway all considered we would head there again, and while the resort is starting to show a bit of age (about 25 years as I recall), I still feel it is a nice option in Cabo San Lucas which we enjoyed very much.

Room Tip: The master suites are a nice option & there is a lovely solarium area on the 5th floor with 2 ho...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MICHELLE L

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Just want to say that this hotel is very nice and clean. It's located in front of the marina in the heart of cabo san lucas downtown and just 1 block away from Medano beach attractions. This is a good place to stay, is safe and quiet. The only bad thing is that the pool hours are very limited so is the gym, both pools and gym close at 8pm. This for me was a problem because I like to enjoy the hot jacuzzi at night, well overall the hotel rooms are very spacious, clean, elegant and beds are very comfy. The bell boys were awesome, want to thank Miguel, Pedro and Antonio. They made us feel welcome. Thank you Marina Fiesta.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LOLAONROADTRIP

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Perfect view, excellent location and room met our expectations. Nothing too fancy but certainly comfortable and clean. Very friendly and helpful staff and our room had a mini-kitchen that was an unexpected bonus. Easy walk to the beach, marina, shopping and restaurants. We would choose to stay here again. Room got a little chilly at night due to heat not seeming to work, but we requested a blanket and that worked out just fine.

Room Tip: We were in 414. Beautiful room of the marina from the balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

Dear Guest

We are certain to know that next time you visit us you will be impressed with the service. and Facilities!

Thank you!