We stay down in Cabo every year. We needed a place to stay before we checked into our home resort so we came to the Marina Fiesta. Is this place still a RCI Gold Crown Resort??? If so, I can't believe it!
I had emailed Marina Fiesta ahead that we were arriving a day after the Monday check-in. But they went ahead and gave our assigned room away and replaced in with an inferior one. They also forgot our shuttle from the airport. Some Marina Fiesta reception employee told me we should take their shuttle because to take a taxi would cost $90! Well guess what folks, we came through immigration to find out that they hadn't even reserved our shuttle! But what good luck! Actually the taxi drivers create their own shuttles, and their prices are even less than those of the resort's shuttles, not at all the $90 the Marina Fiesta reception person had told me.
The view from our balcony was pretty much of a view of a wall. The room was clean enough, but small, worn and very dark. One bedside lamp was broken and a light bulb was burned out in the kitchen area. Actually I don't think it should be called a partial kitchen. It was a mini "kitchen". There was a small, dirty microwave up near the ceiling, and one tiny cupboard held a few random dishes and one bread knife. There was hardly any room for anything. The small fridge was almost full of beers, etc. they wanted us to use and get charged for. That left practically no room for our things needing refrigeration. Their beers, etc., are now filling up the tiny kitchen counter while our things are cooling in the fridge.
Throughout the unit the trim was chipped and tired. The bathroom was tiny. Obviously, the resort's attraction is that it's very close to town and you can walk anywhere in Cabo from there pretty easily. The resort overlooks the Marina, so there are no ocean views, but there are views of lots of boats. The walk to our room was along the back of the resort overlooking the service road, and I often smelled raw sewage as I walked to the room. The pool was o.k. for sunbathing, but not warm enough for me to swim. We are not drinkers or sailors so ocean trips or nightly alcoholic adventures are not for us. If that is what you like, this could be the place for you!
The highlights for us were the friendly bell boy, Caesar, who seemed to be everywhere at once, taking beautiful care of everyone, the gracious concierge, Alexa, and the cheery parakeets twittering in a beautiful cage by the pool.
I can hardly wait to leave. We're still stuck here for a few more days. Camping on the beach would be a lot more fun. Good luck folks if you get stuck here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Groupon, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos