I did take a few videos of this resort which you can see on my youtube page at www.youtube.com/thetripandtravel.
First the cons:
-Many travelers we met said they had a hard time with their reservation and check in.
-Pool Bar closes at 6pm and serves the waiters on the other side more than the pool guest.
-You have to sign a receipt for everything at this resort even the buffet.
-The lobby bar is maybe 6 feet long and closes at 10pm. One night the bartender asked us to sign and said he even stayed open late for us. That was until one of the other guest called him out and pointed out it was 9:58. I tipped him signed my receipt and asked for another two drinks for my friend and myself and was refused (2 minutes prior to closing).
- I watched the manager behind the bar yell at the bartender for serving one customer more than one drink at a time
- I am still pretty chewed up from all the mosquitoes in the lobby
-Although the A la carte restaurants were good they were super slow. At all the restaurants we had to ask for things upwards of 4 times (water, or drinks generally)
-There was only one girl at the front desk during check out even though the line was out the lobby doors?
-Time share lady in the resort was very pushy
-Zero entertainment here, no music at the pool or in the lobby or anything
-YOU MUST have reservations for dinner or they will turn you away
-They severely limit the dinner seating in the A la carte restaurants intentionally. We booked one morning at 830 am and they guys acted like we waited to late and said there were only a few spots left. Basically they want you eating at the buffet because it saves them money.
-They put a donation on my bill without my consent
-Waiters and staff primarily were not friendly or helpful. On several occasions I witnessed their staff standing around talking. They would even look at you and continue their conversation.
-We noticed when walking up to the activities or concierge desk on more than on occasion they person there would get up and walk away even though they looked directly at you.
-I walked up to the buffet and was told I had to order from a waiter? Honestly this resort is just weird? Who orders from a waiter at a buffet?
-Wifi is a joke, barely works in the lobby.
Resort has some customer service issues, they do not at all seem to be concerned by your overall satisfaction at all. I have never met so many complaining guest at one resort in all my travels. Everyone we met had a story about these guys.
Now the good, yes there is some good.
-Location Rocks! Next to everything (Mall, Marina, Downtown, Squid Roe, Cabo Wabo, Everything
-Gold Zone restaurants were pretty good. Imomo Sushi was bad but we loved Jacks Grille. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all very good at Jacks. Service at Jacks was the best as well.
-Room was very nice
-View was spectacular
-Pool was absolutely gorgeous
-Drink selection for all Inclusive was pretty good
-Oh did I mention the VIEW lol
-Nice beds, very comfortable
-A/c worked very well
-Had a very nice large balcony
-Room was stocked with Beer, Soda, and water
-Had a full Kitchenette with bar and stools
I am torn about this resort because I had a great time. I just find it hard give your money and spend time with management and staff that don't care about customer service. Honestly had I not spoken to anyone and witnessed the treatment of others by the staff here I would have a better opinion. Thanks for reading my review and helpful votes are appreciated. Thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos