My boyfriend (42) and I (32) just came back from out first Cabo trip (June 8-13). Cabo was amazing. We will absolutely return.
The resort location is unbeatable. If this is your first trip and you are looking to "see" and not just "lounge" you need to be close to the Marina. We visited some resorts farther out and as gorgeous as they are (I mean breathtaking) they are a bit too far for us. It may be about a 10-20 minute drive, but often the shuttles have to stop at other resorts and it just becomes too long of a commute on your vacation.
The staff was okay -- with the exception of a few Gems most seemed to careless if we were in the area - whether waiting for a place to sit or sitting with an empty glass. Antonio (concierge) was incredibly attentive. Whether we were just walking through the lobby or there looking for guidance, he always made a point to see what we needed. At the pool bar/restaurant, Gustavo and Mario extended superior service. Very sweet guys who were fun to chat with. The main chef was also very friendly and showed what appeared to be genuine interest in whether we enjoyed our meals -- which we did. Short of that ... we did not even get a smile from the others. They were not bad... they simply could have taken us or left us. Which surprised me because we tip generously (over 20% and closer to 35%). With that said, the service was not horrible -- when our drinks were out the bar tender never offered to bring new ones, he simply waited until we asked. Once we did, he brought them -- maybe this is part of the all-inclusive service. There was a couple times we sat for lunch and waited for about 10 minutes for someone to notice us and even had to go up to the bar during our meal for new drinks - but this was also during odd hours.
The food was good. Not anything amazing but very good -- if you're looking for amazing you are going to have to walk the marina and pay for the surf and turf. Still, we had the all inclusive package and I was pleased with the service, quality, and choices available. Well worth it! Make sure to make reservations for the restaurants on the Marina that are included in the plan - otherwise you will not be sat. We did not know this rule the first few days, the staff must have just been willing to bend the rules for us. Anyhow, we never got to eat at Baja Lobster because on our last night there we failed to make a reservation - that was a tad irritating. But that is how we found the surf and turn around the corner that was pricy yet amazing!
The beds are not comfortable. But for the pool view and piece of paradise, I could deal with it again. Cleaning service was efficient. Rooms are clean.
We traveled without kids this trip but did see a lot of families. We were still comfortable and not at all annoyed by the kids running around. We are pretty laid back, though. Still, if you are traveling with only your partner or with the entire family, this is a great place.
The pool bar (which is the main bar) closes at 8:00 pm. This was not a huge deal to us because it forced us out the gates to explore. We med some great people both at the resort and outside. We got turned onto some very cool local hangouts -- go to the Cabo Lounge and Tanga Tanga. Cool places, great owners!
Altogether, the all-inclusive package through Dream to Travel was a great deal and I would stay here again... maybe next time we will simply maintain our tipping habits with those we get smiles and good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos