This was our first trip to Cabo. This resort has great staff, Alejandro and Mario were exceptional. Their incredible sincerity and warmth during our stay really made us feel special. But of course they do it for everyone! If they were faking their amazing attitude they deserve an Oscar. Tip them well, they deserve it. They aren't the only goods ones there though, so be generous. One of the downsides is they close the Palapa bar by the pool at 6 pm. That was disappointing. But you can head out onto the expansive walkway of the Marina.
Being right at the Marina gives you instant access to lots of restaurants and bars. However, as many tourist places, be prepared to be bombarded by sales pitches from numerous locals. The key is to avoid eye contact and learning to say "Nada". Unless of course you want to go on one of the numerous activities. Daren talked to Luis just outside the resort and the four of us went on a smaller 26' catamaran boat for fishing and whale watching. Just the right size for four, it had two large outboards that gave us the ability to get around quickly. We were very lucky to have had a fifteen minute show of whales breaching very near us and also had an amazing experience with dolphins riding the bow of our boat. Oh ya, we caught a number of fish. Skip the sardine packed whale watching boats and go this route. It's worth the money.
All inclusive is the way to go here. The best restaurants right outside the resort are the Baja Lobster, Omono and Pesto's. Don't waste your time at Jack's as the service is very, very slow. Ask for Luis when you go to the Baja Lobster and get the flambe desert. We went so many times he asked me to help him on the last one! Get the strawberry and banana one at the same time, its a great show. Tell him CBC says hello. Maybe he will remember.
The other restaurant to go to is a bit of a hike and not included in the inclusive but well worth it. A fifteen minute walk, La Taverna is on the other side of the marina near the port authority. Its very small but Justo is a master chef who prepared our fish that we caught. WOW is the appropriate response. We all agreed that we ate a masterpiece made by an incredible artist. You may see other restaraunts that offer to cook your catch but I guarantee you wont get this. And if your lucky you will be served by Jimbo. Arguably the best server in Cabo and also a master of specialty coffee. BRING YOUR CAMERA...this is a showman at his finest.
BAD REVIEW We went to the number one rated Ediths. The service was the worst we had and the food was not worth the money. I was compelled to speak with the manager on duty about our server Carlos and was very diplomatic in my approuch but did not feel like he cared at all. Will never go there again and will tell everyone I run into that is going to Cabo.
Have a great time in a great place.
Hope you have a great time in a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos