This was our first time in Cabo, and we had a perfectly nice stay at the Marina Fiesta. We booked this hotel because of its central location, which paid off. We were able to safely walk to bars and restaurants - no car, no taxi - and the beach was a 5 minute stroll from the hotel. That said, the insanely pushy solicitors right outside the hotel (and on Medano Beach) got very old, very fast.
The hotel was a nice refuge from the tourist trappings. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our newly remodeled room was clean, comfortable, and had a small kitchen, so we were able to cook breakfast every morning (we didn't go with the all-inclusive). The pool was relaxing and warm (although strangely, one of the hot tubs was ice cold). Best part - we ended every night watching the sunset on the rooftop "Solarium" where the hot tubs were hot and toasty.
A quick note for those who have never been to Cabo before: it is surprisingly not very Mexican. In fact, it's like a cruise ship crashed into the Mall of America. Some people seem to be excited about the Super Wal-mart and the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and the Johnny Rockets. We chose to explore more local places - which got annoying with all of the desperate sidewalk sales pitches. If you can, however, try Mi Casa. We had the best traditional meal there.
What truly saved Cabo for us was the natural beauty - just incredible! We went whale watching with "Cabo Dolphins" - highly recommend - and took a water taxi for a day on Lover's Beach / Pelican Island Beach. Definitely worth the $30. We should have done this every day because it was the quietest place in all of Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos