On the UPSIDE: the location is great if you would like to tour/visit all that Cabo San Lucas is famous for by walking the city. The only transportation you will have to pay for is a $15. per person (each way) from & to the airport in a shared van and you will not have to deal with paying for or finding parking for a rental car.(helpful tip: when you land @ the airport head STRAIGHT outside & to the van/shuttle desk if you want to avoid all the timeshare presentation salesmen that rush you as you exit the main terminal)
The only other transportation we had to pay for is a glass bottom boat ($12. each) which was arranged by the helpful concierge @ the Marina Fiesta, to take us to El Arco & whale watching.
We walked practically the whole city & down to the beach.
We did not care for the food @ the Palapa Bar Restaurant (poolside) but we LOVED the food @ Cabo Wabo Cantina!! (a couple blocks north)
Also, the rooms are spacious with kitchens and nice balconies.
On the DOWNSIDE: we hardly got a wink sleep between the timeshare women in the lobby @ the hostess desk ringing the room over and over to ask us to come down and talk with them about going on a presentation tour + all the construction going on next door. When they ring your guest room phone they tell you it is to come down and get your "Welcome Packet" and complimentary gifts. When you go down they give you a coupon for 2 free drinks and try to sign you up for a presentation breakfast tour and will not take "No thank you" for an answer! We finally had to unplug our phone for the entire stay. The construction site operating next door is constantly (24 hours a day - AROUND THE CLOCK!) very disruptive...we are talking jack hammers, cement truck mixers beeping, table saws, sledge hammers, alarms, sirens & generators...TORTURE if you like to get some rest & relaxation on your vacation.
Another thing we were not aware of is the hassle & hustle of the street vendors is RELENTLESS (no exageration!) - once you leave the resort grounds.
The only way we would go back to this place is if we were members already (we will NEVER join) so we did not get harrassed about the timeshare program & the construction was finished next door.
If you are a wheeler-dealer and like the whole "game" that some people like to play with ALL the timeshare pimps for free activites & small amounts of cash & also don't mind getting bombarded on the streets by all the "crap you do not need" vendors who get a bad attitude when you won't engage them...then this is would be an ideal place for you to visit. If you are looking for privacy & peace & bliss - this is about the last place on earth you will find it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos