CHECKIN - Check in went very smoothly and then we were told to go see the welcome hostess who eventually got around to asking us to sign up for the Genesis Collection--which was really a timeshare. We went the following morning and it wasn't a hard sell--2 hours. We requested a renovated room and got one on the second floor--223--very large balcony overlooking pool and partial marina view. No problem with noise--everything seemed to close down at 8:00p.m. except Lobby Bar closed at 10:00 pm.
POOL - Very beautiful--sort of like a little boutique hotel. There is another pool on the other side of the second building which is real quiet. People play the towel game here so if you wanted a prime chair you would have to do this game. We never had a problem finding a place to camp out around 2:00 p.m. On the 5th floor there are two hot tubs and a nice area to sit and great views. The hot tubs also close at 8:00 p.m.--kind of early.
LOCATION - great location but it is not on the beach--the beach is easily accessible - 2 blocks away. It is easy to get any kind of whale watching, water taxi or fishing trips--all the guys are on the boardwalk asking if you want to take a trip. Only two blocks from Medano beach and the flea markets. We personally didn't care for the beach as we thought the sand was very soft and hard to walk in and also it was on a slant.
DRINKS - When you check in they should give you a list of the various kinds of drinks and alcohol brands you can have--do not deviate from this list or you will end up paying for those drinks. When you receive your bill to sign make sure what you had is correct and is on the all inclusive list.
SIGN YOUR CHECKS - You have to sign for everything--when you sign make sure that it is what you had and that it is covered under your all-inclusive. You will have to print your name, write your room # and bracelet # and then sign. There is also a place for a gratiuity on the bill but we always drew a line in there and gave cash. Tippings is not necessary but they really appreciate it.
RESTAURANTS - You can order anything on the menu at the six different restaurants. Only one restaurant is not included --one of the mexican restauants. At the Baja Lobster Restaurant you cannot order lobster--you will pay extra. We especially enjoyed the Sushi restuarant--Imomo--great tempura shrimp--at Presto Italian--lemon chicken was excellent --Jack's we had great grilled & breaded shrimp. We really enjoyed all the restaurants and thought this was great food! Breakfast is served buffet style at the pool or at Jack's--a sit down breakfast. Do not be in a hurry--service is very slow--remember, you are in Mexico! Relax!
CONCLUSION - We have been to five other all inclusives and we thought this was a great place, very relaxing, and the food was outstanding. All the waiters, waitresses, maids, and various cleaning people were very friendly and competent. Very quiet and low-key all inclusive--middle aged crowd. We would highly recommend this resort. If you want further information please feel free to email us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos