“Wonderful stay!”
Review of Siesta Suites

Siesta Suites
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My daughter and I spent the last two nights of our vacation at Siesta Suites. We have eaten many times at Salvatores and noticed there was a little hotel adjacent. It turned out to be wonderful! Spotlessly clean rooms with fridge and microwave. Nice sundeck and complimentary coffee. What more could you ask for? Plus very close to everything - Marina just half a block away. Big bonus - you can use the newly renovated pool area at the Wyndham practically opposite - amazing. I got the room for $50 a night on Tingo. The penthouse looked fabulous - the whole of the 5th floor which private balcony - a honeymoon couple stayed there while we were there. We might go the extra money and book that next time :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at Siesta Suites from Jan.17 to Jan.25. The owner, staff and accomodations are excellent. This hotel is within walking distance to almost everything in Cabo. Very close to the marina and you get to Medano beach this way. The room was very clean, a good size with a comfortable bed. Room had a fridge and microwave so it was easy to keep a few supplies on hand. There is nice sitting areas outside of the room and a deck on the second floor as well. The restaurant Salvatore's is very good with huge portions. We just would order one and share it and still have left overs. I would highly recommend this hotel and would use it again in a moment.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and found it to be very quiet at night and you get to visit others durin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A little late with my review but wanted to put the good word out there about this complex!

We went to Siesta Suites at the end of March / beginning of April (in 2011 - I didn't have the choice for that date from the form on this review) and stayed in the Penthouse suite. We travelled for a wedding and stayed at this hotel with four other people.

Check-in was late in the evening but went smoothly and everyone was very friendly.

The Penthouse was amazing! You have the whole rooftop, a hammock, two lounge chairs and a full kitchen / living area. Our friends rooms were typical but clean and comfortable.

Each morning, we would all meet up there to have our morning coffee then head out to one of the VERY CLOSE restaurants for breakfast.

Each evening, prior to going out and afterwards, we also chose to soak in the scenery. What a great meeting spot!

We went to the Italian Restaurant in the complex (we couldn't help ourselves, smelling the garlic each morning) and it was phenomenal! The food choice was spectacular as was the portion size (we saw everyone bringing home a 'doggie bag' and we found out why - large portions! We ended up booking this restaurant for the 'rehearsal dinner' and they accomodated well over 25 people seamlessly.

In general, sitting down to lunch with a couple of cervezas was easy to do and very affordable - food and cold drinks were always perfect!

The hotel staff and owners were always helpful, providing us with answers to our questions, suggesting places to go and visit, to eat, or just lounge.

With the location being one block from the marina, you are very close to water taxis to visit Lover's Beach or to take a deep sea fishing trip or other excursions. The beach wasn't far - about a 10 mins. walk. The location also offers a very close proximity to all the nightlife / popular bars - 5 mins. max. to walk to all the hot spots. PERFECT!

We have been planning to go back for awhile now but haven't been able to make it but, when we get the chance to visit Cabo again, we will be staying here - no doubt about it!

Great hotel, great rates and perfect hospitality!

Have a great trip.

Room Tip: The Penthouse is the way to go as long as you can make it up four flights of stairs :) Otherwise, th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Siesta Suites is just the perfect place to stay if you want to be able to walk to everything Cabo has to offer. Food, drink, shopping, marina, beach, fishing, etc. Very clean, daily maid service, etc.
Juan and his staff bend over to please your every need. They just can't do enough for you. All you have to do is ask, and its done. The restaurant, Salvatore's next door is the best Italian food you will find any where in Mexico. We stayed 10 days, next time we would like to make it a month.
Very clean rooms, nothing to complain about except the time went by to fast.
Even pet friendly too.

Chris & Clarice

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

A clean comfortable hotel in Cabo San Lucas for under $70 a night? Dog friendly? Pleasant helpful staff? Impossible you say? We couldn't believe it either, but here it is. For $69 U.S. a night, we enjoyed large comfortable beds, a decent shower, spotless rooms and our beloved four legged companion stayed as well, no extra fee or problem. The on site restaurant is a bit noisy in the early evenings, but as it is one of the best places to eat in town, make your reservation and join the fun. There is a sun deck and many units have small kitchens with sinks and microwaves. Every unit has a decent sized fridge. There is some parking available for people with cars. Not on the beach, but just a 3 minute walk to the Marina and in the centre of everything. This is not a resort type location, but it is perfect for people who want to be within walking distance to attractions, the Marina, the restaurants and shops. There are even better weekly and monthly rates. Juan, the front desk man is charming and helpful. We'll be back.

Room Tip: upper floors have good views and lots of light. The hike up the stairs can be a bit rough when it...
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I just finished an amazing 9 night stay at Siesta Suites. It was our first time staying in Cabo over night and it was simply perfect. We were so lucky to find this hotel on our first trip to Cabo. Alex and Nancy are the nicest hotel owners we've ever met. The service was fantastic and everyone is friendly. Among the top reasons to choose this hotel besides location, location, location is the service and the people who you meet at the hotel. It is a nice 21 room Hotel with a relaxed feel, you get a little flavor of Mexico. The rooms are clean and have lots to offer. Everything is in walking distance, I bet you can walk to at least 30 restaurants within 5 minutes. Speaking of restaurants, another highlight was the gentle smell of fresh garlic and herbs from Salvatore's, the Hotel Restaurant downstairs. They make everything from scratch daily starting in the morning. The Best Italian food I've ever had and you won't be disappointed with the portions. My wife and I are eaters and we shared a meal. A must is the lasagna, I recommend making your reservation when you arrive but they always managed to fit us in. You'll want to have at least two meals there and they can book up early. On our lazy days we walked over to the near by Pool overlooking the marina. It's separate from this Hotel but it's open to the public with a bar, pool and two spas. We are already trying to book our next two trips to Siesta Suites Hotel. For everything it offers and the price, it just can't be beat...

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was fine for the cost range.
That's if you don't mind the late and early noise from the restaurant located around the bogus 10x10 fish tank pool.
Mosquito's that out smart you when it's dark and your eyes are closed. (Owner blamed me for the problem). lol
The owner sent his live in manager into my room for 45min. to flush out the blood thirsty [--].
The night before I left I thought I would check out the late night scene for the first time. I informed the security guard that I called a cab and would be back in an hour or so. When I returned my room had been thoroughly scoured and my valuables stolen. The thieves were kind enough to leave my passport. They removed the TV as well and like Houdini escaped from the hotel locked security gate without the night gaurd or manager noticing.
I tried to get the security gaurd to call Police the night I was robbed but he told me because I didn't speak Spanish the wouldn't do anything.
The owner showed up in the morning and like the mosquito problem blamed me for the robbery and wanted me to pay for the TV.
While speechless in his office a piece of my luggage was brought up by the manager with my drivers licence nicely placed inside. hugh???
Not so fortunate with the rest of my cash, cc'ds, phone, iPad, ext.
Other than these minor issues I would say the Cabo experience was an eye opener, "the Las Vegas of Mexico". A great food experience. As far as the hotel is concerned it's fine only If you bring some mosquito repellant ear plugs and a "safe" then you should be able to relax andhave a nice time. Remember "what ever happens in Cabo is your fault"!! At least according to Alex the Owner!
Hope you enjoy my stuff!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Sombrada
SiestaSuites, Owner at Siesta Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here. Yes, Cabo is a tropical place and there are mosquitos, unfortunately. We apologize that they were a bother to you.
As far as your experience on your last night, please know that when you bring home "ladies of the night", you are asking for trouble. They always look for ways to take advantage of the situation. We are sorry that they stole your things and took advantage of you.
For anyone else who reads this, if you are planning on going out in the middle of the night looking for "ladies" or anything else that you can get at 4 am, please stay in a another hotel.