“Simply Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Diego, California, United States
“Simply Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I just finished an amazing 9 night stay at Siesta Suites. It was our first time staying in Cabo over night and it was simply perfect. We were so lucky to find this hotel on our first trip to Cabo. Alex and Nancy are the nicest hotel owners we've ever met. The service was fantastic and everyone is friendly. Among the top reasons to choose this hotel besides location, location, location is the service and the people who you meet at the hotel. It is a nice 21 room Hotel with a relaxed feel, you get a little flavor of Mexico. The rooms are clean and have lots to offer. Everything is in walking distance, I bet you can walk to at least 30 restaurants within 5 minutes. Speaking of restaurants, another highlight was the gentle smell of fresh garlic and herbs from Salvatore's, the Hotel Restaurant downstairs. They make everything from scratch daily starting in the morning. The Best Italian food I've ever had and you won't be disappointed with the portions. My wife and I are eaters and we shared a meal. A must is the lasagna, I recommend making your reservation when you arrive but they always managed to fit us in. You'll want to have at least two meals there and they can book up early. On our lazy days we walked over to the near by Pool overlooking the marina. It's separate from this Hotel but it's open to the public with a bar, pool and two spas. We are already trying to book our next two trips to Siesta Suites Hotel. For everything it offers and the price, it just can't be beat...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was fine for the cost range.
That's if you don't mind the late and early noise from the restaurant located around the bogus 10x10 fish tank pool.
Mosquito's that out smart you when it's dark and your eyes are closed. (Owner blamed me for the problem). lol
The owner sent his live in manager into my room for 45min. to flush out the blood thirsty [--].
The night before I left I thought I would check out the late night scene for the first time. I informed the security guard that I called a cab and would be back in an hour or so. When I returned my room had been thoroughly scoured and my valuables stolen. The thieves were kind enough to leave my passport. They removed the TV as well and like Houdini escaped from the hotel locked security gate without the night gaurd or manager noticing.
I tried to get the security gaurd to call Police the night I was robbed but he told me because I didn't speak Spanish the wouldn't do anything.
The owner showed up in the morning and like the mosquito problem blamed me for the robbery and wanted me to pay for the TV.
While speechless in his office a piece of my luggage was brought up by the manager with my drivers licence nicely placed inside. hugh???
Not so fortunate with the rest of my cash, cc'ds, phone, iPad, ext.
Other than these minor issues I would say the Cabo experience was an eye opener, "the Las Vegas of Mexico". A great food experience. As far as the hotel is concerned it's fine only If you bring some mosquito repellant ear plugs and a "safe" then you should be able to relax andhave a nice time. Remember "what ever happens in Cabo is your fault"!! At least according to Alex the Owner!
Hope you enjoy my stuff!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Sombrada
SiestaSuites, Owner at Siesta Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here. Yes, Cabo is a tropical place and there are mosquitos, unfortunately. We apologize that they were a bother to you.
As far as your experience on your last night, please know that when you bring home "ladies of the night", you are asking for trouble. They always look for ways to take advantage of the situation. We are sorry that they stole your things and took advantage of you.
For anyone else who reads this, if you are planning on going out in the middle of the night looking for "ladies" or anything else that you can get at 4 am, please stay in a another hotel.
DFW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here one night on that advice of my scuba dive company. The hotel was very accommodating of the late check-out and allowed me to keep my gear in their offices until 7pm of the day I checked out.

The room has a full kitchen, which I didn't use. The room has a standard bath and a standard queen bed layout both separate from the main room - which has a kitchen and a couch.

The sole TV in the room is in the bedroom, it would be nice to have one in the main sitting area, but for this price range, that would be unexpected.

The rooms on the first floor have an entry via a sliding glass door, which isn't all that secure. I'm not sure if the rooms on the higher floors also have this arrangement.

The hotel does have a nice sitting area on the 2nd floor roof (above the main lobby). Lots of open space.

Wi-Fi is free in the lobby, but didn't reach to my room (103).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Tom_and_KarenDfw
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel room was pretty big and clean, bed was pretty comfortable, hotel staffs were nice and friendly.
Located a min from Marina, pretty convenient.
You get what you paid for so I was not expecting anything fancy at all
However, I was not happy with sliding glass door w unsecure looking lock.
If you don’t close the curtain, people can see inside and anyone can break in easily by breaking the glass door.
Also there was no security box.
I know that Cabo is safe, yet glass door does not make people feel very secure and safe.
I would like to pay more to stay at better place to feel safe next time in Cabo.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ManhattanViv
SiestaSuites, Owner at Siesta Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Siesta Suites Hotel.
Please know that the sliding glass doors are AAA approved for safety and they also
have a very secure locking chain on the inside. The doors
bring alot of light into the rooms which is very pleasant here
in Cabo. Thank you for the other positive things you mentioned
about our place.
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I chose this hotel based on price and location. The location is excellent. A short walk to everything in downtown Cabo San Lucas. The hotel is very quaint. Not your typical hotel room. It has nice traditional wood furnishings. The couch is a built-in cement piece with a cushion on top. I know from watching episodes of House Hunters Int'l that is also traditional in Latin America. The place was loaded with character.

The owner was super friendly and very helpful as well as a fountain of information. When I called the 800 # for special assistance I reached the owner's sister, Carla, and she was also very helpful. I believe I called her around 8 or 9pm and she still assisted me fully.

Salavatore's next door had really good lasagna. I could hear chatter from the restaurant in my room but it was not obtrusive. I did not notice a strong garlic or food odor like other reviewers mentioned.

The minuses. There is a bar with live music next door. That got pretty loud and would be a problem for people who go to sleep early. I believe they were done by 11pm so it didn't impact my sleep at all. It is downtown Cabo though. So noise is to be expected.

I'm 5"5. I had to do some work while I was there. The table was too high for me to work comfortably. The chairs were wooden kitchen chairs with no cushions. So also uncomfortable for long periods of sitting. The bathroom was very, very small. Like others have mentioned the hot water did not last long enough for a nice, vacation style shower.

Overall I think this is a great value for people on a budget. Or if you just want to save your vacation dollars for more activities, etc.

Room Tip: I had room 105 which is the last room on the end on the ground floor. It was very dark. I also don...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank teaharbor
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This cozy family owned hotel was just great! It's not your average high end hotel with hundreds of employees and thousands of rooms so if that is what you're looking for this is not the place for you. This hotel is small, quite, clean, free wi-fi, less than 2min walk to the marina, and has a very friendly and helpful staff. The owner "Alex" is onsite and is absolutely wonderful! There is a cafe next to the hotel that sells delicious cappuccinos, homemade baguette sandwiches, and homemade brownies - each for under $2! There is also Salvatore's next door which is pretty awesome Italian food (best tiramisu I've had in my life!). You also have free access to the Skypool at the Wyndham Hotel which has the best view in town! I looked around and for the price this is quite a steal, will be back for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LoveTraveling303
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel completely met and exceeded our expectations! We were traveling with a 19 month old and the staff accommodated every need that we had. The location is great; a block from the Marina, and any restaurant that you would require. The room was very clean and we never felt unsafe. The use of the pool at the Wyndham (2 block walk) was great. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tesoro Los Cabos
#59 of 112 in Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 stars 1,817 reviews
Hotel Santa Fe Los Cabos by Villa Group
Hotel Santa Fe Los Cabos by Vill...
#38 of 68 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 stars 141 reviews

Been to Siesta Suites? Share your experiences!