I chose this hotel based on price and location. The location is excellent. A short walk to everything in downtown Cabo San Lucas. The hotel is very quaint. Not your typical hotel room. It has nice traditional wood furnishings. The couch is a built-in cement piece with a cushion on top. I know from watching episodes of House Hunters Int'l that is also traditional in Latin America. The place was loaded with character.
The owner was super friendly and very helpful as well as a fountain of information. When I called the 800 # for special assistance I reached the owner's sister, Carla, and she was also very helpful. I believe I called her around 8 or 9pm and she still assisted me fully.
Salavatore's next door had really good lasagna. I could hear chatter from the restaurant in my room but it was not obtrusive. I did not notice a strong garlic or food odor like other reviewers mentioned.
The minuses. There is a bar with live music next door. That got pretty loud and would be a problem for people who go to sleep early. I believe they were done by 11pm so it didn't impact my sleep at all. It is downtown Cabo though. So noise is to be expected.
I'm 5"5. I had to do some work while I was there. The table was too high for me to work comfortably. The chairs were wooden kitchen chairs with no cushions. So also uncomfortable for long periods of sitting. The bathroom was very, very small. Like others have mentioned the hot water did not last long enough for a nice, vacation style shower.
Overall I think this is a great value for people on a budget. Or if you just want to save your vacation dollars for more activities, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The managers keep a close eye on this four story hotel—a calm refuge two blocks from the marina—and dispense great insider advice to visitors. The kitchenettes come with full-size refrigerators, a queen size bed, and living rooms with wide padded couches, the standard rooms come with 2 queen beds so if necessary, there's room to sleep quite a crew. Included are Wi-Fi, cable TV, and morning coffee in the lobby. Rooms have front side balconies and there's a sundeck on every floor. If your budget allows, opt for the PH Suite with an incredible view. Salvatore's Restaurant, an Italian eatery, is situated next door; it's widely acclaimed by resident gringos in the know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Siesta Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Siesta Suites Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos