I stayed here at the start of a recent trip to Cabo. I own a timeshare week that starts on a Monday, so I always come down a couple of days early to get more time in paradise. For this year's trip, I tried the Siesta Suites and loved, loved, loved it.
First, you can't beat the location. It is smack dab in the middle of all the nightlife, shopping and restaurants of Cabo San Lucas. I had a car for the week, but I left it parked for the two days I was at the Siesta Suites and walked everywhere.
The hotel has a very boutique-style vibe to it. The entire property is decorated with rich, vibrant colors. I thought the rooms were very ample for the price of $69 per night. You get a bedroom that is separate from the outer room with a sitting area and kitchenette.
The bathroom is basic and clean. If I had one minor quibble, it's that each room has its own small hot water heater and it only gives you about 10 minutes of hot water for a shower. If you were with a group this could be a problem. But for the price point, small inconveniences like that can be tolerated.
One other thing to note is that the hotel no longer takes credit cards. You either mail a check to the owner of the property who lives in San Diego, or you bring cash for when you check in. They said that the increased transaction fees were no longer worth it.
If you aren't looking for a mega resort with a killer pool area, then Siesta Suites is the perfect place to stay in Cabo. You're a few blocks from the marina and can easily catch a water taxi to Medano Beach for about $5. Que Bueno!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The managers keep a close eye on this four story hotel—a calm refuge two blocks from the marina—and dispense great insider advice to visitors. The kitchenettes come with full-size refrigerators, a queen size bed, and living rooms with wide padded couches, the standard rooms come with 2 queen beds so if necessary, there's room to sleep quite a crew. Included are Wi-Fi, cable TV, and morning coffee in the lobby. Rooms have front side balconies and there's a sundeck on every floor. If your budget allows, opt for the PH Suite with an incredible view. Salvatore's Restaurant, an Italian eatery, is situated next door; it's widely acclaimed by resident gringos in the know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Siesta Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Siesta Suites Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos