My wife and I were on a cruise, and there was an overnight stay in Cabo. We thought that it would be nice to stay off the ship for a night, but we didn't want a pampered tourist hotel type of experience. We were looking for something with more character, with the authentic feel of being in Mexico. Siesta Suites did not disappoint! The room was clean and comfortable, and the atmosphere was great! The hotel is in great location, a very easy walk from the marina, even for my wife, who has a fused left ankle. When we got there, we relaxed with our feet in the soaking pool in the middle of the couryard and enjoyed a margarita from Salvatore's, which is the excellent Italian restraurant that shares the couryard with Siesta Suites. If you like margaritas, please be sure to inform the front desk at the hotel when you check in. Apparently, the hotel has an agreement with the restaurant that allows guests one free drink, but not every restaurant employee knows this. We wound up paying for our "welcome" drink, but the hotel management made sure that we got a free drink later on that night. What a friendly, welcoming staff! I would recommend that you bring any soaps, shampoos, or other amenities that you would normally use. This is not an American hotel, and they do things a little diffently in Mexico. Personal care items do not come complimentary with your hotel stay. Based on the excellent price that we paid for our room, It was still an excellent value! The beautifully decorated courtyard was the perfect place to relax after a day of shopping, bar hopping, and sightseeing. Who knows, you might even make a friend, like we did with one of our neighbors and the resident cat, Big Mama. There is a lot of activity with the excellent restaurant, which seems to get an incredible amount of tourist business. The taxis just keps showing up, presumably with people who were staying at much more posh, expensive hotels. I couldn't help thinking that they were missing out on something special. There was no place that we'd rather be. We ate at Salvatore's, and I can see why it's so popular. The food is delicious, and the portions are huge! Then, at 10:00, something magical happens. Everyone leaves, the restaurant shuts down, and the whole place becomes quiet, almost serene. A good night's sleep is easy to be had. Would I recommend Siesta Suites? Absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The managers keep a close eye on this four story hotel—a calm refuge two blocks from the marina—and dispense great insider advice to visitors. The kitchenettes come with full-size refrigerators, a queen size bed, and living rooms with wide padded couches, the standard rooms come with 2 queen beds so if necessary, there's room to sleep quite a crew. Included are Wi-Fi, cable TV, and morning coffee in the lobby. Rooms have front side balconies and there's a sundeck on every floor. If your budget allows, opt for the PH Suite with an incredible view. Salvatore's Restaurant, an Italian eatery, is situated next door; it's widely acclaimed by resident gringos in the know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Siesta Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Siesta Suites Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos