“home Mar De Cortez Cabo”

Hotel Mar de Cortez
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
seattle
“home Mar De Cortez Cabo”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Just got back from 5 days at the Marty. New restaurant and bar that are very busy.
Anna at the front desk can arrange any activity you want and all the staff are very
helpful. The pool is kept very clean with plenty of recliners available. If you have
been to Cabo I bet you have walked by this beauty many times without even walking in.
It is just around the corner from the Cabo Wabo (north and east).

The bad news is that the owner passed away a couple of months ago and his son
Danny has taken some time away from the place. They have hired a new manager
that is very nice. Great value and right in the middle of town.

Room Tip: Rooms 111-116 are right on poolside and have one queen and twin bed. Some rooms have as many as fou...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank crazycabobob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel every year since 1999. It's a locally owned family hotel with a wonderful staff. The location is great, easy walks to amazing resturants and nightlife. The beach isn't that far away, or you can always find a taxi out front to take you anywhere you need to go. This is not a resort property, but it has everything you need. Great resturant on site named Baja Peppers. Great food.

Room Tip: pick a garden room by the pool. Nice rooms!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed March 12, 2012

If you enjoy the excitement of Los Cabos but want to retreat back to charming garden courtyard and pool this is your place. Rooms are suitably appointed. Restaurant is GREAT!Especially the breakfasts. Staff and fellow guests make you feel immediately at home. Quick walking access to the marina and beaches...in the centre of everything! For $55 per night...a perfect place!

Room Tip: Select a garden room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank InLoveWithAsia75
Hamilton, Montana, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I certainly am grateful that the Hotel Mar de Cortez was recommended to me. I found working with Nat was easy and that she was quite helpful. The rooms are generous and come with plenty of hot water. I was struck by the fact that I could walk barefoot across the tile floor and detect NO grit. That was a true test of cleanliness and the hotel passed with flying colors. I also noted the pool to be in a pristine state without any bugs or filth. In the future I'll not bother checking elsewhere. I rated the rooms 4/5 instead of 5/5 simply because they could use a little 'makeup', not for any other reason. So, if you're the shallow "it has to be new and perfect" type this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying more thinking you're getting a nicer room. They are all pretty much the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dan S
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We arrived with a warm welcome from the front desk. Loved the charming, garden feel as we walked to our room after a long day of travel.

Our inital thought of the room was... Hummm.
After a good nights sleep, breakfast at Baja Peppers (2 eggs, 2 bacon,potatoes and fruit all for only $3.50 US) and exploring our new neighborhood, this place quickly grew on me!

We quickly learned that there were many repeat travlers who come at that time of year (Christmas) and stay for weeks at a time. They all knew each other and made us feel welcome the days we spent at the pool.(chilly but refreshing)

Our room was cleaned daily,our water pitcher was filled daily by the mai. Amdthere was no problem asking for anything extra.

Would I go back? Heck ya. For me it made my experience in Cabo that much better than staying at a BIG resort. This was my 4th time in Cabo and my most enjoyable/memorable

Room Tip: cant go wrong with any room I would guess.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sunseeeker
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We go to Cabo twice a year just about every year. We own a timeshare and stay at it for one week. All other times , we stay at this hotel. If we need extra days from our timeshare week or our other trip in the winter , we don't look anywhere else. Most guest have been coming to this hotel for years. We have made all kinds of friends from being here. The value is incredible and the rooms are very clean. The poolside rooms are dark but the pool is right there. The gardenview rooms on the second floor are bright , have private patios , and give you a good view of the area. You are only a couple of blocks from Cabo Wabo and the Gigglin Marlin. It's a 5 min. walk to the marina and about 15-20 to Medano beach. This place is the heart of Cabo and we highly reccomend it to anyone wanting a great place to stay at a great price.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are very bright and have private balconies
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
san ramon CA
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Honestly not much to say that hasn't been said...after being reminded on a thursday after a couple of soul crushing years that I pile of vacation on the books I had uncharacteristically simply neglected (ok thats where the poor me im single again sobstory ends)i said I'm outta here punched in Cabo for a week
Into orbitz I think and this was the lowest price item so i
looked @ trip advisor expecting some amusing horror stories before I went up the pricescale
But all I read were glowing reports and since
I was bailing solo if it was awful there wouldn't be anybody 2 whine
about my choice...also a week in Cabo in January with air from Oakland for 7 bones? On 3 days notice?
Fuhgeddaboutit
Anyway the place is clean the food is awesome (I only did maro's once in a week in
Favor of eating here even tho maro's is only a 5 minute walk
Oh everything is a five minute walk
Pretty much crept the beach there u hafta walk 5 minutes to a water taxi and then endure a 10 minute boat ride with a beer in your hand and a Montecristo in your mouth with all those crappy blue pacific waves crashing on those lousy majestic rocks I mean it's the worst thing ever. Anyway the people are cool the foods awesome there are no TV's In the rooms and I plan on making Paola the bartender my next
Ex-wife....ok the souvenir guys are all
Over you at first cause you're right on their turf but buy some cheap crapola it won't kill ya then theyre cool

• Stayed January 2012